xisto Community
Sten

Can't Access Astahost Hosteed Sites (including Cpanel And Ftp)

by the look of where your trace dies, it looks like there is a problem on the mzima network somewhere near the Los Angeles data center. Your connection goes through San Jose and then to LA then dies. I just checked my trace and it seems to be routing me through the level3.net backbone once it leaves AU and reaches the US. from memory, i think the xisto data center is in LA which means there must be something wrong with that network and the Xisto data centerSten, im assuming your using aapt, but what happens when you do a trace route? What are the hops it takes before it dies?

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)

ive got a static IP address. ill do a trace route now.Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.tracert gamma.xisto.comTracing route to gamma.xisto.com [64.69.46.210]over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 2 ms <1 ms <1 ms mygateway1.ar7 [10.1.1.1] 2 51 ms 53 ms 53 ms 210.8.59.10 3 58 ms 114 ms 62 ms 203.63.223.33 4 52 ms 57 ms 53 ms ge-0-1-0.bdr5.syd.connect.com.au [203.63.170.195] 5 51 ms 55 ms 52 ms so1-0-0.sybr4.global-gateway.net.nz [203.96.120.121] 6 * * * Request timed out. 7 * * * Request timed out. 8 * * * Request timed out. 9 204 ms 206 ms 204 ms 12.86.75.17 10 216 ms 221 ms 225 ms tbr1.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.104.34] 11 201 ms 216 ms 201 ms 12.122.104.5 12 209 ms 226 ms 232 ms 12.116.103.22 13 * * * Request timed out. 14 * * * Request timed out. 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out. 24 * * * Request timed out. 25 * * * Request timed out. 26 * * * Request timed out. 27 * * * Request timed out. 28 * * * Request timed out. 29 * * * Request timed out. 30 * * * Request timed out.Trace complete.what was it doing in new zealand?

it looks like your gateway to the US is via NZ. It then gets to a AT&T network in LA and seems to stop there. It looks like the AT&T seems to be having problems.I think the reason proxys are working is because they are using a different connection to the gamma server. as yordan said in the other post there must be a problem with certain networks, their gateways and the routing between networks

i found a web based ftp client which im using for the time, just to keep things running. although i cant even see what im doing so its not gonna be good enough.i really hope i can get things sorted out soon. i need to get on my site and my brother needs to get on habble.

I found a CGI proxy that allowed me to transfer a backup of my sites/databases to a GZIP file, but it was very scary as my password could have been captured. Still no FTP yet.

w00t!!! its fixed!i tried live support again and they got things sorted out. they had to remove my IP from the firewall.firefox, u should give live support another go.

Also if you ever run programs like PeerGuardian, then make sure they are disabled, they can block access to parts of AstaHist/Xisto (might only be HTTP blocking).