xisto Community
.:Brian:.

Computing Host Astahost is great but....

Well Xisto has been great, so I decided that I would move on to Xisto - Web Hosting. Well, after going through, having the payment come through paypal....my account doesn't exist on computinghosts site...so now I paid for hosting but haven't gotten any....I am somewhat dissappointed by this, seeing how Xisto provides such great service for free, and yet I pay for Xisto - Web Hosting only to get changed for it and get nothing.I'll see, maybe it just takes them some time for their system to process the accounts. But it would be nice if they said something like that. "Thank you for purchasing your hosting. You'll recieve an e-mail when your account has been set up"....but I haven't even gotten an e-mail from them saying that I purchased my hosting. Only one from paypal.Edit: ok, i just got an e-mail saying my account was set up. So i guess it just takes a bit of time for them to process the information. But maybe that isn't the case with all accounts created. However I can say. The server so far seems really nice and fast!I'll keep people updated on my experience with them.

Edited by .:Brian:. (see edit history)

So, it seems that you lost one day off your paid hosting time. I hope that Xisto - Web Hosting will give correct this, and give you one day service more as a matter of apologizing.Glad to see that, nevertheless, the paid service is nice and fast as expected.RegardsYordan

I think I've had the same "problem" myself when I got an account at Xisto - Web Hosting. It took some time for my account to be activated (half an hour or so), during which I panicked quite a bit B) But as this is not really an error or anything like that, I can easily say that the past two months with Xisto - Web Hosting were thoroughly enjoyable and bug-free :rolleyes:

I think I've had the same "problem" myself when I got an account at Xisto - Web Hosting. It took some time for my account to be activated (half an hour or so), during which I panicked quite a bit B) But as this is not really an error or anything like that, I can easily say that the past two months with Xisto - Web Hosting were thoroughly enjoyable and bug-free :rolleyes:

Yes, I can say that so far I am really happy with my hosting there (even though it hasn't been very long yet). The speed is amazing (so much faster than the server that all of these free hosting accounts are on). And it seems reliable so far. (not to mention that cPanel has a little bit better looking skin)

Glad to hear that your both having a good experience of the Xisto - Web Hosting hosting, I am probably myself going to be going the paid hosting route in the next month orso.Good to hear that you didnt have to wait too long for the account to be set up.I think the biggest pain for me is going to repointing a lot of customers websites and mine plus my testing "sandbox" that I use to test design layouts for potential customers.One thing I have to ask, how is the speed of the MYSQL? I am pretty reliant on it for a lot of the sites I host are Joomla sites so I need the MySql to be the best.

Glad to hear that your both having a good experience of the Xisto - Web Hosting hosting, I am probably myself going to be going the paid hosting route in the next month orso.Good to hear that you didnt have to wait too long for the account to be set up.
I think the biggest pain for me is going to repointing a lot of customers websites and mine plus my testing "sandbox" that I use to test design layouts for potential customers.
One thing I have to ask, how is the speed of the MYSQL? I am pretty reliant on it for a lot of the sites I host are Joomla sites so I need the MySql to be the best.

I'm pretty sure it won't be slower than Xisto due to the fact that the client per server ratio should be lower than on the free servers.

xboxrulz

I would assume that as the main website stated that they uses delicated server for better performance and reliablity. Anyway just a question since this topic started it. So is the free server limit on the CPU processing for each account? like 25% for free server and 100% for paid server. I'm also considering doing paid server as due to work constriant. So anyone knows the information stated in this forum? Thanks

One thing I have to ask, how is the speed of the MYSQL? I am pretty reliant on it for a lot of the sites I host are Joomla sites so I need the MySql to be the best.

I thought it was good when I used it last ...I think Joomla should work fine on it--I was using Drupal and Wordpress, so the MySql use was definitely quite heavy.
Interestingly enough, I had the same set of emotions when I got an account at Xisto - Web Hosting. I was quite afraid during that hour or so delay where the there was no response and no hosting. I think it might've been less worrisome for its customers if cComputing Host sent out an email confirming the fact that hosting was being set up and that the client would have to wait at least x amount of hours, just to placate us. :-)

Afterwards, I must say Xisto - Web Hosting was great. It was always really fast, and I think there was only one time that I found it down. It was, in any case, down a lot less than Xisto was, though that's obviously expected since it's a paid service and there's less load on the server due to fewer clients.

Just a side question...what's the difference between Xisto and Xisto? I always thought they were same, just that one had less-technical discussions than the other. Do they offer the same types of hosting as well? If they do, then what is the point of having two forums? Couldn't there just be one forum with all types of discussions to encompass all audiences?

To your side question, OpaQue posted an article here ages back stating why he had too different forums setup. I think it went something like he originally made Trap but then wasn't sure if the Trap name was scaring people off, so he started Xisto. I think it went something like that :rolleyes: I'll See if i can find the post!

The main reason for having two identical type of free web hosting services is SEO. Xisto is geared towards professional topics. Therefore, you'll notice that articulating your point of view and proper posting structure are strictly enforced here in Xisto.Trap17 is geared towards gamers and loungers (basically the general topics). Two identical services but two different audiences. Many members find their preference to be in certain standards of discussion. Although Xisto was created initially the first, Xisto followed quickly.