xisto Community
iGuest

Joomla In Astahost

Hi i'm new at this web host and before i create my account i have some questions about this web site and joomla.My last web host was x10hosting.com. Its very good and has everything that is needed but when i use the search engine of joomla it gives me an error and i cant build the site without the search engine. The error that gives me is:Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of eval is forbidden by configuration in (...) : eval()'d code on line 110I went to some foruns and some people said that x10hosting have some features disabled and thats why it gives this error. So my question here is:If i register in this web host will this error appear again?Or will i have to try to find another web host?I'm desperate to find a good web host. Its very dificult to find a web host that offers all the things that i need. I need one that offers mysql, SMTP, at least 100 MB space and .htacess files permission. I really hope this server to be the one. If someone know about some free server that fits to my requirements please tell me.Thanks for spending your time reading my postI hope you can help me :rolleyes:

this is a common problem. after signing up for a free webhost, create info.php :

<?phpphpinfo();?>

and access it http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and you will see disabled functions or maybe php settings that don't fit the requirement of your cms.

If any setting or function doesn't fit the requirements, you have options :
1. use another cms
2. consult with admin
3. find another webhost with less restrictions
Edited by mHelmy (see edit history)

No problems with Joomla here. I as well as others here use Joomla without and issues. Infact, a large ortion of my website is dedicated to the creation of Joomla SearchBots for add-on components that don't include a search plugin.vujsa

I don't see any reason why Joomla and other CMS's shouldn't work with Xisto. You can even use Fantastico to install them!Though I wouldn't reccomend that, fantastico's things probably aren't the latest.

I think what the original poster was saying is that their attempt to install Joomla on another host was unsuccessful. Joomla works pretty good on Xisto. I am a relatively inexperienced person when it comes to website making and php and all that stuff, but I was able to install it without too many hiccups. I didn't get it to install on Fantastico though. Good luck with that. - Trinifawk

To add more, Joomla will work on Xisto without problems, the error you got was that eval()' function was a disabled function in the PHP config, at Xisto eval() is an allowed function, as mHelmy said, just see the php info for disabled functions or any other settings. :rolleyes: