xisto Community
A W K1405241550

Which Email Address Do You Like The Best?

Well I am so addicted to gmail at the moment....I go back to ordinary e-mail and I feel lost...I just love the feeling of gmail...the way conversations are grouped together...it makes it feel more like forums feel, where the conversation flows....rather than all these RE: such and such, where sometimes the copy of previous stuff...and even though everybody else has tons of space these days (even unlimited), gmail was the first...so I gotta hand them that.Plus my e-mail address at gmail, is nice and short, and easy to remember.

And Gmail (and Google), apparently, aren't that safe, and some reports claim that Google tracks your information.

I've seen that article you mention. They were talking about automated ads and how that affects Gmail's safety. That makes no sense--automated implies that it's done with a script, and NOT by a bunch of hired Googlers. If you think that Gmaill would willingly sort through emails like that and put in ads...gods. Think of the amount of man power you'd have to put in. The profit isn't nearly enough. It should be rather obvious that Google doesn't read your email, it just gets a robot to automatically sort through your mail and put in ads based on what the script sees.

Gmail isn't safe? It tracks your emails? I call *BLEEP*. How do you even know Yahoo Mail is safe? Or MSN, for that matter? How can you expect these companies to not check your email messages? How would ever know whether or not they would decide to defend you when the government comes knocking at their door for information? That Gmail debunking I saw is a joke--it's probably true for every company and not just unique to Gmail.

I use Yahoo, Msn and Gmail.Gmail is great because it has pop3 and allows you to check your emails without needing to log in or anything. I have not had any problems with it yet but I have only used it for a few months. I like it so far but I think they could step up costomer support (not that it matters much but I had a few questions and never got answers). Yahoo is good for keeping up to date on misc things like Finance and Sports but I don't like how it has adds all over after you email. It also has an anoying look if you reply to emails a lot. I have used if for a long time and only ran into problems when trying to switch to the new email list (The flash version). Other then that it is quite nice.Msn I don't use too much because it gets ads but I love how it is easy to remember and short email address no long words like @yahoo.com ect. I like the look and feel but I have had trouble in the past with it's spam gard that doesn't always work.I would need to say I like gmail the best but I am starting to think twice after reading the last few posts.Thanks,Sparkx

I am also using Gmail at this point (for some time now actually).I started off with Hotmail many years ago and still use it primarily for msn again now, although not really for emails.I use Gmail very heavily for email use and haven't had any issues with it, although I wish there was a better way to stop spam from getting in period, especially certain ones that come in a lot.

Well yahoo comes with several different features such as the ability to store things in folders and personalize how things are set up. However aol mail is a mainstream service that most know how to work. Gmail requires a lot of patience its very different from your typical email website. Hotmail has always been faithful and predictable. So really it comes down to what are you looking for when choosing a email provider.

Really?I always found Gmail to be simple to use from the first time I ever gazed upon, I knew how to work it straight away.Maybe not their sort of "hidden" features, but if it was something I needed, I found out soon enough how to use it.

Yes. That is Yahoo Mail Beta. I tried it once but it seemed confused and loaded very slowly. So many folders, boxes and other stuffs on the site. Good chance to exercise your eyes ;):P . If you have too many mails from customers for ex. and need to store in folder, the best advice is to use Thunderbird and Outlook Express. Your mails are well organized, all emails from a senders is put in one folder and you can define its name. But your incoming email is required to support POP3. Gmail is great! I like it a lot. So simple and POP3 support, other function is easy to use, too. I've used more than 2 years and have no problem. Luckily, now it is free to sign up instead of requiring invitation letter from a Gmail user as before. ;) Anyway, I do not understand why "Hotmail has always been faithful and predictable"??? Are other mails not faithful to you? ;)

Edited by NgoThanhNgoc (see edit history)

I would like to express myself concerning a little semantic point.The title of the present topic is "which Email Address do you like the best ?"There are several ways interpreting this question, an answer has been directed to each of these interpretation.1) The first way of thinking is mine : how should your e-mail addrress be labelled in order that you like it ?For instance, my personal beloved addres is yordan@yordan.com.2) The second way concerns the provider, the question seems to have been translated to "which provider do you prefer ?": some people said "yahoo", some other ones said "gmail", these answers concerned mainly the security and megabites hosted.3) A third way this question has been interpreted looked like "which graphical interface is the most agreeable for you", which is meaningless for people using POP servers, they have the outlook look and feel for each provider.So, a single post, but three ways of interpreting the questions, so three kinds of answers. And each answer was correct, simply different from the previous ones because concerning another way of interpreting the question.

You bring up a good point. It is hard to compair emails when they are aimed in different directions. Gmail is easy to use and has pop3 and that is why people like it but yahoo has it's advantages also. For this type of a question people will answer the email they use the most. It may not actually be the "simplist" email to use but because they have already started using it, they probably wont change to a new one just for some small feature or it is easier to use (unless it is a debate between pop3 and no pop3). But because this post is on the 3rd page already the author probably wont change it to a multi-question servay like:What Email do you think is the easiest to use? or What email do you think has the best spam guard?Thanks,Sparkx

Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

Again I very much like Gmail, however I think speed should be an issue too.I know they probably have POP3 and I might write an application for the heck of it, to have my own fancy viewing pleasures, but the web access is usually slower than others I have used (yet looks so much simpler and far more basic).

An added benefit of Gmail now is the free IMAP access they're implementing. It'll make things much simpler for those of us who want to sync mail between PDAs and desktops.