xisto Community
jimmy89

Comodo - Your Thoughts?

Hi Jimmy 89, thanks.It seems that the more the Comodo "learns", the less often the little pop-ups, and the other warning screens appear.Comodo seems to work very well, and since I've gotten rid of Norton (finally) my machine is a lot quicker.Bye nowDave

I've installed the final version for vista a few weeks ago and I am so happy now :rolleyes: . It works a lot better than the beta versions and the new network detection is a great addition (tough I don't see why it notifies me 10x for the same network :) ).The defense+ system got a bit annoying so I've just disabled it :P , I don't visit louche websites and I do have a good virusscanner installed, so the need for the defense+ system is low.The only thing I do miss is a feature that the windows firewall does have, and that is a more advanced network detection. Everytime you connect to a wired or wireless network, windows asks you whether it's a public, private or corporate network and based on that information it (de)activates some rules. If Comodo could detect networks (instead if IP-adresses) and would trigger some rules based on that information, it would be the greatest of all B)

The only thing I do miss is a feature that the windows firewall does have, and that is a more advanced network detection. Everytime you connect to a wired or wireless network, windows asks you whether it's a public, private or corporate network and based on that information it (de)activates some rules. If Comodo could detect networks (instead if IP-adresses) and would trigger some rules based on that information, it would be the greatest of all :rolleyes:

I think it's not possible for comodo to include that, or at least it's too complicated to include that.

Imagine, for windows file sharing, you would want to enable it for LAN but disable for WAN(public) right. So, similar to windows firewall, you would block windows file sharing, but have an exception at LAN. But in comodo, how would you want it? Park the exception under the setting for windows file sharing? Or under network setting for LAN?

The windows firewall doesn't offer much control or configuration, but for comodo, it does. Thus having this kind of option will make it very complicated to configure. Not many user would know how to go about it.

All very interesting, most of way above my head, but thank you all for all the advice.As long as Comodo does what it says it does, the little screens do not bother me all that much - little bit annoying, but somehow comforting, knowing that something is happening to protect the machine.

comodo firewall opinionComodo - Your Thoughts?

it is pretty cool I use it

I needed to setup a little at the beginning, but that was ok, or I would mean that if you can make that then you do not need that protection, just use the win built-in firewall, and distribute your data to everywhere, but if you do not want it, then make it right with some better tool, like this Comodo firewall

I switched from Kerio, because of FF 3.5 flash 10 made BSOD, and now it seems that was a good  move

-reply by pakesz