xisto Community
Steven9088

Spybot - Search And Destroy 1.5.1 Vista Compatible

Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.

To see a list of threats Spybot-S&D can remove, in the navigation bar at the left click on Support --> Threats. For an introduction to Spybot-S&D, please read the tutorial. If you fear incompatibility with other software you are now using, although we can assure you that there is no danger you can review our compatibility overview which lists some software whose compatibility has been analyzed.

Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you have been working on. And for professional users, Spybot-S&D allows you to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports. A list of all the apllication's features is also available.

Supported operating systems

Operating system Supported

Windows 95

Spybot-S&D 1.4 is not runnning on Windows 95. The next version will again be fully compatible. Please use Spybot-S&D 1.3; Winsock update necessary - details

Windows 98

Fully functional

Windows ME

Fully functional

Windows NT

Some functions need administrator rights

Windows 2000

Windows XP

Some functions need administrator rights (XP accounts have those rights by default)

Windows XP AMD64

Some functions need administrator rights (XP accounts have those rights by default)

Windows XP

Tablet PC Edition

Windows 2003

Windows Vista

Application needs administrator rights

Windows PE

Windows Preinstallation Environment is supported since 1.4 - details

Mac OS

Not supported

Mac OS X

Not supported

Linux/Unix

Starting in Wine; full Wine support in 1.5

Symbian

Available for UIQ 2

Windows Mobile

Available for CE 3.0 to Mobile 5

Data Above Was Collected From: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/[dot]safer-networking[dot]org

Download Link Click Here!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
All copied materials shall go within the QUOTE tag. Please review our forum rules.
Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)

Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.

To see a list of threats Spybot-S&D can remove, in the navigation bar at the left click on Support --> Threats. For an introduction to Spybot-S&D, please read the tutorial. If you fear incompatibility with other software you are now using, although we can assure you that there is no danger you can review our compatibility overview which lists some software whose compatibility has been analyzed.

Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you have been working on. And for professional users, Spybot-S&D allows you to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports. A list of all the apllication's features is also available.

Supported operating systems

Operating system Supported

Windows 95

Spybot-S&D 1.4 is not runnning on Windows 95. The next version will again be fully compatible. Please use Spybot-S&D 1.3; Winsock update necessary - details

Windows 98

Fully functional

Windows ME

Fully functional

Windows NT

Windows 2000

Windows XP

Windows XP AMD64

Windows XP

Tablet PC Edition

Windows 2003

Windows Vista

Application needs administrator rights

Windows PE

Windows Preinstallation Environment is supported since 1.4 - details

Mac OS

Not supported

Mac OS X

Not supported

Linux/Unix

Starting in Wine; full Wine support in 1.5

Symbian

Available for UIQ 2

Windows Mobile

Available for CE 3.0 to Mobile 5

Data Above Was Collected From: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/[dot]safer-networking[dot]org

Download Link Click Here!

I use this excellente software for about 5 years, it is a must to have freeware, i also recommend to download the other freewares that are available at the safer networking website.

Best regards,

Useless software imho ... it has never detected something on my laptop (vista) :D (except that I have the security center disabled, but I know that because I did that). And yes, my laptop is connected to the internet and yes I do surf and chat a lot. Opera rocks :blink:

Edited by wutske (see edit history)

my internet security isnt compatible with spybot.when i installed my internet security, i had to uninstall spybot to continue. and now it wont let me install spybot either.$150 and trend micro cant stand free competition.