xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ronel

Can Ask The Requirements On How To Be A..... advance member/moderator/(maybe)administrator

Very astute of you :blink: I am actually not hosted, but it's a residual status from my hosted days, when your account status switched to mod, hosted and then hosted + admin, it messes it up a little.
I quit moderating here, Sten, because I lacked the time and the willpower to continue to moderate while it all seemed to point nowhere. I could spend hours warning people, deleting and everything else, walk away from the pc for 2 hrs, and come back to - well having to repeat the process.

Anyhow, back to the topic, the only reason I did reply was because I do know how that part of the system here works, and I figured I'd share it. Didn't quite plan on the little interlude >.<

ps. Mods, don't go warning me over that one :D I'll have your face gnawed off (ooooh that sounded so nice.. yes, I am weird :o)

Warn you, I think we all probably agree with you! Being on the Xisto staff is a lot of hard work. It is easier when all of the staff works well together to eliminate the problems facing the board such as spam, junk, and hosting approvals.

vujsa

Being a moderator in the forum here (or any busy forum) is no easy task. I have been away for a while and poking my head in here from time to time due to time constraints. Been busy with work and after work. Then when we do have time to come here, we are usually "cleaning" up the forum and post when we have any free time left.There really is no "big" advantage in being a moderator. It just requires more responsibility if you take the position. I started off as a newbie like most of the members here and never thought of becoming a moderator. I was just glad to provide good advice for other users. I would still be helping out even if I wasn't selected as a moderator. One thing you have to realize if you will even be considered to fill in a possible staff position is most likely trust. Those who are staff members here usually post helpful replies to its members and earned trust from the members and staff before they became moderators/admins.PS: Yes, OpaQue is the big guy...busy as ever since I have joined here but always trying to improve Xisto :blink:

APPLICABLE FOR levels: newbie(1 and 2), active contributor, advanced, premium and super (Role: MEMBER)

The "level" is automagically calculated by an algorithm developed by Invision, because this forum actually uses IP.Board 2.2.1(Invision Power Board). This kind of software have a dasboard/control panel/backend that allows you to choice what level name must be displayed according to the amount of user's posts.

TYPE OF USER

Of course, there are more custom variables: Hosted or Member. Then, you only have to post "reasonably good" stuff and keep attention on your "level" (if that really matters).

SECURITY ROLES: Administrator, Moderator, Maintainer, etc

Here is the "mix up", one thing is your level according to your posts, and other absolutely different is your ROL in the system. Every member is JUST A MEMBER, able to create topics, submit posts, edit their own posts. BUT there are other ROLES with its own levels. Administrators have all the control in the system, moderators have rights to delete any topic or post, ban users, and a largo "so on".

COMPLEX TOPIC

Please review about: Role-based access control

Blessings!

Edited by develCuy (see edit history)

As they say,

More accountability, more responsibility, more privileges! :angry:

:D
So, I can think that there maybe a secret forum here where topics concerning nominations are posted. :o

Maybe not. :blink:

In 95% of the forums with a large moderator/administrator base, there is indeed a forum specifically set to be used by members with that particular role, it is hidden from the non-moderating members, solely because it is there where things get discussed that pertain to keeping a forum clean, rules, new moderators, trouble members, etc. And it is not a secret that Xisto, too, has such a forum, so in that aspect, Ronel, you are correct.

Sten, stop showing your youth in regards to the boards :blink: moonwitch is old school Xisto staff hehe. Show her the respect she deserves.

well... a. i dont get wot u mean by "youth in regards to the boards"
b. i didnt no, i only joined on the 6th of june. i wouldnt go round asking if this person, that person is a mod now would i? lmao