xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Problem With The Credits System?

The Xisto Hosting is set up using the same scripts. It required the suspended member to earn enough credits to place them at positive 4 and the re-instatment script runs hourly I have been told, so earn enough credits, wait an hour and it should all be good.

I find that that's usually the reason people complain about losing credits. We should probably put up a warning somewhere about the loss of credits if you edit a post by deleting content. Should probably also find out if users removing content via edit has the same extra penalty to credits that a mod editing one has.
~Viz

Ok and thanks for all the information, it is very helpful, does this reason also applies if someone change other things like some configuration options, for example, what happens if i increase or decrease my post's signature????

Best regards,

I find that that's usually the reason people complain about losing credits. We should probably put up a warning somewhere about the loss of credits if you edit a post by deleting content. Should probably also find out if users removing content via edit has the same extra penalty to credits that a mod editing one has.How high did you get your credits? You need to have over 3 (or maybe 4) credits to get hosting unsuspended, and it occurs the next time the cron job runs. I forget if that is every 15, 30 or 60 minutes. And once you've gotten a negative amount of credits, your credits still drop one per day.

~Viz

ow, thanks for the information mate :P , I don't think I got my credits up to 4, so it's my bad :P

Ok and thanks for all the information, it is very helpful, does this reason also applies if someone change other things like some configuration options, for example, what happens if i increase or decrease my post's signature????
Best regards,

I'm actually not sure about that, but since OpaQue is a smart guy, I have a feeling that signatures don't count one way or the other towards credit count. But if you can manually edit your signature in individual posts with the edit button, that might affect credits.

~Viz

I'll jump in with more certainty. The content of your signature does not (and will not) affect your credits in any way. Feel free to modify all the settings, as the only thing that counts is the post content (excluding text inside QUOTE, CODE and similar tags).

*should have known better* pyost is right. The content of your signature does not affect post count, and what I didn't know was whether editing your post and changing your signature for that post would affect post count. But the smart people who made the board we use don't let you edit your signature like that, so, no, signature does not affect post count. And pyost is also right that anything inside an offsetting BBCode does not count either.~Viz

*should have known better* pyost is right. The content of your signature does not affect post count, and what I didn't know was whether editing your post and changing your signature for that post would affect post count. But the smart people who made the board we use don't let you edit your signature like that, so, no, signature does not affect post count. And pyost is also right that anything inside an offsetting BBCode does not count either.
~Viz

Ok thanks again for this helpful information, i think that now everything is completely clear.

Best regards,

I still have not noticed any irregularities with the credit system. It continues to work the same way that I have observed it for the past 2.5 years with a couple of exceptions. First, the script adjusts your credit count according to any content you add or remove from an edited post. This includes edits made by staff to your posts! Second, the script automatically removes credits from your account if your post is deleted. This includes posts made in topics that are deleted. If you reply to a post that is determined to be junk or spam, you may lose credits if a staff member deletes the topic. The issue is that a deleted post carries a penalty with it. If there are a lot of replies to a "BAD" topic, we try to just close it or orphan the replies or at least the larger ones so not hurt the honest members that mistakenly replied to the topic.

For more information, read this: You Will Lose Hosting Credits If I Delete Your Post

I'm sorry, but this is a fact of life here. Instead of replying to junk or getting involved in pointless discussions, you should report the offensive topics for the betterment of the entire website.

vujsa