xisto Community
Eclipse1405241548

How Many Think You Get To Few Credits Here? Just post it

I'm really glad to see that pretty much everyone is behind the credit system. This type of system is basically reliant on having a core set of users to keep content flowing to the boards and while there are admittedly times where the content dries up a bit just due to the nature of life, more often then not there are new topics and posts at a pretty steady pace. I think it does require a little work but when I originally joined up I knew the value received was greater then the work involved. If you aren't willing to pay for hosting this is one of the few ways to get a quality hosting package for little effort. woo us! haha

The hosting forums is about quality not quantity so the more you post the more credits you get, I know the max amount of credits per post is 10 and I believe that is the same. Tutorials area great way to earn a lot of credits because they will be pretty long. Best thing to do is reread your post and reread the previous posts and see what else you can add, you be surprised what you can add once you get thinking.

I have no problem with the amount of credits I get per post. It's not like I realy post a lot of (long) messages over here, but even then I can easily keep my credits at about 8 credits (as long as I don't go on vacation :P ). You just have to think like this 'what if we'd increade the amount of credits per post, what would happen then ?'. The answer to this question is fairly simple, there will be less topics and replies, topics suddenly die because there's no more input, people can't reply anymore, ... It's all about keeping things alive :P .

I just joined this site about an hour ago, and its not really hard to earn these credits if you just try and speak your mind in some of your posts. I went and read through the rules, and they said they enjoy quality posts, so if you post in a quality manner you will be rewarded for it. :P I enjoy posting on forums anyways so it does not really bother me how much credits I have, I think the method they are using here is very fair if you look at what they are offering you. Just take an hour or two going through some threads and just talk it up, and you'll get your credits up soon. :P

I too agree with almost everybody here, in that the number of credits earned per post is actually really high. And when you think about it, sometimes I feel as though you earn too many credits per post....I mean....one post and I get like 3-4 credits or more sometimes? That translates into 3-4 days of hosting, which in turn means that I really don't have to post very much in order to keep my hosting going.So I actually feel if anything, it almost should be the opposite, we earn too many credits sometimes for some of our posts, and it should almost be changed a little bit the other way in order to have the forums become more active.

Well, it'd be nice to get more points per post, but I don't mind the system in place right now. I usually get three to five points per post, so I can easily get enough points to keep my site hosted (though sometimes, it still falls below zero if I'm being plagued with homework/tests/exams). If your posts are long enough, you'll be able to get enough points to keep your site hosted.Besides, Xisto is offering you free hosting in exchange for your activity on their forums. That's a pretty fair deal for us, isn't it? The least we can do is put some work into posting here, eh?Serena

I have to say, I think the credit-point system is pretty ok. I just posted my first post, an got 1,06 credit right away. Furthermore, I agree with serena that the service offered is good. I mean, free webspace for some forum activity.Only, one thing would be nice, some more diference in topics. I'm mean, I don't mind talking about websites, but I don't have a lot to say about other webhosting sites :s .. ..

You should go have a look at Xisto. They offer an identical service but the forums are far more general and less technical. Sure, you'll have to make your three posts so far again, but in the long run I'd imagine that it works out far easier to keep your credits up for people who can't talk in a few of the forums here. Although I don't actually have a Xisto account, as far as I know everything's identical other than the actual forums. Click on "Xisto" at the top, then "Xisto - Free Web Hosting" in the drop-down list. :DPersonally I'd probably find it a lot easier to post over on Xisto, but by posting here instead I get to learn a bit more about relevant topics, as my knowledge of all things internet-y could certainly use a gentle push. As I've got my site hosted here I get an incentive to read the threads, so I learn a bit more about useful things rather than a lot of the waffle that goes on at Xisto. :blink:

The Reason Why You Get 0.50 Credits Per Post Is Because Your Post Is Too Short! Try To Make Your Post A Bit Longer! + Thats In The Rules Of The Site!

Go Here To See The Rules:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/77393-welcome-to-xisto-open-discussion-free-web-hosting/

No Spamming! Posts Must Be Atleast 25 Words!

The Longer Your Post Is, The More Credits You Get! :blink: See Like My Post Right Now. I Have More Than 25 Words And It's A Bit Long! And I Get About 1.32 Credits for this post. Try To Take More Time Into Typing. Okay?

Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)

Er... I mostly agree with you. However...could you please avoid using bold characters in your posts ? I feel this rather intrusive.

I too agree, and agree with the bold lettering....the bold lettering should be saved for bringing attetnion to a particular word or something in a post, not for bringing a whole post out....

I too agree, and agree with the bold lettering....the bold lettering should be saved for bringing attetnion to a particular word or something in a post, not for bringing a whole post out....

Okay I Went Through All My Post's And Gotten Rid Of Bolding It. I'm Sorry, It's Just That My Friend Has A Invision Power Board Too And One Of His Rules Is To BOld Every Single Post. So After Awhile I've Must Of Gotten Really Use To Doing It. :D While Now That You Guys Brought It To My Attention, I Won't Bold All Of My Post's Anymore! :blink: Thanks! :o

I Won't Bold All Of My Post's Anymore!

Great news, I appreciate. I must confess I started getting angry while reading your other posts, now my Karma will go back to normal.

Also, making the first letter of each word capital can also be somewhat annoying :blink: From my point of view, it's the same as not using any punctuation, you can't properly see where a new sentence starts. Even though you are using your keyboard to write sentences, they shouldn't be any different from those you would write on a piece of paper: with proper grammer, punctuation and capitalization :D