xisto Community
baby bear

What Do You Guys Think Of This Site?

ok now I started my own forum and it's new and everything so don't say anything about getting more members because it's only been up and running for 2 days now. so what do you thing?? give me any suggestions on it ok???
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm still working on it but I just wanted to know what it's missing or what I can change.

Looks nice and xboxrulz is right, your logo is hard to read, but i think that it is not absolutely necessary to download other themes for your forum, simply start by changing your text colors directly in your administration control panel.

Best regards,

In my opinion this site needs more work done, because the chatbox is clearly causing formating problems to the forum. This site is probably also in the process of being created, and still under construction. If I was creatining this site a nice little narrow banner towards the top would make a great deal of improvement to the look and feel of the site. THis site at this current state is also very dark and not that easy on the eyes. Lighter colors that contrast the text would also help the sites overall look. I dont know what this forum target audience is but it should also figure out what its targeting and focus on it, for example Xisto, is a forum that targets people that are looking for hosting but is mainly for the more tech savy people. Those that are also wanting to learn more about computer related things and how to make websites is what I believe to be the main target focus of this forum. So those would be the key things that I would probably focus on if they should try to improve.

I think it's much easier if you got yourself a webhosting space that supports PHP/MySQL and install your own forums software of your choice (I highly recommend QSF).

It's much easier to customize and install. Else, you should use another service like InvisionFree since it has a lot more customization on that service than any I've seen and used.

xboxrulz

that site is very boring. You need to make it interesting and advertise to get more people to come look at it because i got on and the last message or whatever was from over a month ago. Get the party started, and go on myspace or tell your friends about it so more people will become interested and actually have a person to talk to. Also, make it more interactive and have more stuff to do. :P

Its a BB forum with a few mods installed...and a horrible theme. I think you could do better. change the width of the chat box, add more content, and change the colors. That will be a large improvement

ok now when I go to the admin panel and I go to change the colors it has color codes. and the bad thing is that I have no idea what color is what and it's confusing so is there a site or something to help with the color knowing what codes are what??

ok now when I go to the admin panel and I go to change the colors it has color codes. and the bad thing is that I have no idea what color is what and it's confusing so is there a site or something to help with the color knowing what codes are what??

Yes, you have some options for this, online tools, freeware or the RGBHex Triplet color chart image.

Online Tools:

Dhtml Goodies Color Schemer I

Dhtml Goodies Color Schemer II

GenoPal Online

Freeware:

PaintChips - Dynamic free color picker This site is outdated, i could search the installer on my pc if you want this freeware so please PM and let me know.

ColorPic - The versatile color picker

RGBHex Triplet color chart

Best regards,

Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)

I think your website has a lot of missing formatting or it's just out of whack because a regular PHPBB2 forums look like this:

Posted Image

However, yours looks like this:

Posted Image

I think there should be some work on the CSS file of the forum's design.

If you're interested, this is my website's design (I only modified the original skin's CSS a little bit, without breaking it):

Posted Image

xboxrulz

OMFG!!!! thank you so much I love you!!ok now what do you guys think of it? does it look better??

Yes, for me it looks much better but i think that you need to separate each of your forums, may be you can put each one in a separate box, is an idea.

Best regards and I love you too!!! mUack :blink: ,

Yes, for me it looks much better but i think that you need to separate each of your forums, may be you can put each one in a separate box, is an idea.
Best regards and I love you too!!! mUack :blink: ,

wait??? what do you mean? explain it a little better for me ok?? i'm sorry I'm a blond!! lol jk

wait??? what do you mean? explain it a little better for me ok?? i'm sorry I'm a blond!! lol jk

What do you need to be explained a little better??? the mUack????? well, if it is, it is only a way to send you a kiss :blink: if not, please tell me what is.
Best regards,