xisto Community
Ajay Shivaa

Internet Speed Test Internet Speed Test, Post your results here

Hai ,

I have introduced a Bandwidth Speed Test Service in my website located @ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I request you to post your speed test results here :

First let me start :

Service Provider Details :

Service Provider : Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited .

Pvt / Govt. : Government Service.

Promised Speed : Upto 2 mbps

Rental : Rs 250 per month ( nearly $6 per month ) [ 1$ = Rs 40]

Speed Test Results :

My Ip : 59.92.113.38 ( Note your ip will be displayed when speed test result

is shown )

My Speed : 784.90kbps

Download Speed : 98.11 KB/sec

Postion : DSL.

Please try to use the same format for posting your results !!!

If you like our service please link to us. ( link url : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)

Please don't post fake speed test results . If anyone doubts just pm me the ip address and speed result I will verify whether the member has posted genuine result .

my internet is going too slow atm.ill do it maybe when its at normal speed.i no another good site for speed test, speedtest.net

Mine says:Your current bandwidth reading is:450.40kbpsIt's nice to have a very simple bandwidth tester to point your friends to.speedtest.net is OK, but I don't like two things about it:- it's flash based- you have to select a server yourself (this might be its strength in other people's opinion)Does anyone know a purely text based bandwidth tester site?I remember seeing a Youtube video a while ago where they took pictures of the same dual-boot PC connecting to a purely text based bandwidth tester site, first under Windows XP, then under Ubuntu, and making a point about the difference in speed.But I couldn't catch the name of the site.

The thing i dont like about speedtest.net is that it thinks im in victoria, but im in tasmania, so it doesnt completely work well.Cnet have a speed test thing, its got pictures but its fairly text based.its... i cant remember :P but yeah youll have to look.

My results under this:Service Provider Details :Service Provider : Shaw CablesystemsLocation : Calgary, Alberta CanadaPromised Speed : 5x faster than dial-up (lite-speed)Rental : Don't know because bundled with cable servicesSpeed Test Results :My IP : 24.109.***.**My Speed : 154.20kbpsDownload Speed : 19.28 KB/secPosition : ISDN/DSLThis speed test is somewhat inaccurate though, I have disabled QoS, am using Firefox, cache is at 50MB, I tested at off-peak hours and the speed is around only 20kB/sec. I have reached download speeds of 30-35kb/sec consistently and a maximum speed of 50 kb/sec for like a moment or two. This however is using the DownThemAll! extension for Firefox.By the way, you have 1 tiny XHTML error in your site, <div align="center"> when using Strict. Just thought I'd let you know.

I'm not sure whether I should start a new topic for this question, but I am curious to know if you are happy with DownThemAll ... have you tested FlashGet and you didn't like it, then switched to DownThemAll ... can you make a comparison.I currently have neither because I don't understand the concept of an accelerator. Specifically, I don't get how you can "steal" from your ISP more juice than they give you by using traffic shaping tools.But someone might be able to convince me.

the way most accelerators work is by caching websites in the background, so that when you want to visit them, they are already in the 'cache', they don't have to be downloaded and are displayed. I'm pretty sure how most of them work (i may be mistaken though). So really, your not 'stealing' juice from the ISP, your just looking at the pages, stored on your hard drive!-jimmy

the way most accelerators work is by caching websites in the background, so that when you want to visit them, they are already in the 'cache', they don't have to be downloaded and are displayed. I'm pretty sure how most of them work (i may be mistaken though). So really, your not 'stealing' juice from the ISP, your just looking at the pages, stored on your hard drive!-jimmy

The FF addon actually gets pages from the internet too. Like Opera's fast foward, it guesses your next move, you can set it to guess a lot of clicks (meaning more pages are preloaded). But Opera's is just one button, no preloading. Much better.

@knight17: You most likely have a ISDN connection there, so that's still better than dial up. Dial-up can reach up to 56kbps but never does. So anything over that (especially over 100kbps) is ISDN or higher (cable/DSL, etc.).Ran the test and currently rated to be downloading at 209.71kb/sec. Probably could be a bit faster if I paused my downloads. Currently downloading and it's probably throwing off some of the stats :P

This speed test is somewhat inaccurate though, I have disabled QoS, am using Firefox, cache is at 50MB, I tested at off-peak hours and the speed is around only 20kB/sec. I have reached download speeds of 30-35kb/sec consistently and a maximum speed of 50 kb/sec for like a moment or two. This however is using the DownThemAll! extension for Firefox.

Did you try retest option.

By the way, you have 1 tiny XHTML error in your site, <div align="center"> when using Strict. Just thought I'd let you know.

Yes , I am aware of it. But i want to know the alternative to be used in its place can you please help me ! Validate my home page . It is 100 % pure xhtml

internet speed test

Internet Speed Test

Broadbandspeedstest.Com

Test your Internet connection bandwidth to locations around the world with this interactive broadband speed test.

-internet speed test