xisto Community
Sten

Record Sound Directly From Computer?

If you want a REALLY simple option then you need YouTube to MP3 firefox plugin. To quote the description on the plugin page:

Adds links to convert and download Youtube, MyVideo, Clipfish, Sevenload, Dailymotion, MySpace videos as MP3 files. This addon uses the free service of Video2mp3.net.

I used to use this plugin a lot. All you need to do is install it to firefox by clicking the green button (in firefox) at this location http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ then when ever you visit a YouTube video page you just need to click the download button on the plugins button and you can save the audio only from the video as an mp3 on your computer!

Hope that helps you!

HOW I GOT TO RECORD IN-COMPUTER SOUNDS WITHOUT STEREO MIXERS (Vista, requires AV Voice Changer)Record Sound Directly From Computer?To everyone who can't record because they don't have the Stereo Mixer:Go get AV Voice Changer, I don't know about other voice recorders but this program takes any sound (input or output) and processes it to make it sound different. If you don't do anything weird to it, it'll just playback the same sound.This paragraph is about personal experience, skip if you'd like:Second time I used it, I was exceptionally distraught since literally EVERY SOUND (including the game's, and my MSN) the whole computer has / received suddenly turned high-pitched (since I did configure it that way).Solution (must read for those who want to record in-computer sounds without the stereo mixer):P.S I'm using AV Voice Changer 6 Diamond so I don't know at all about the other versions1) Go to preferences tab2) a window pops up, click the 'Ignore Filter' tab in the box3) below the tabs, the window will change into what streams you're going to let/block into the program4) There should be a line with Enable (tickable box), Streams (shadeable circle), Applications (shadeable circle) right below the tab (in mine, enable is ticked and stream's circle is shaded), click the unshaded circle for Applications5) On the right of the Ignore Filter window should appear 3 options, Add, Remove and Reset, all bulging circles, Click 'Add'6) From here, just add the program that's making the sounds you want to record. For example, I want to record music from a game's Music Gallery since its Soundtrack hasn't come out yet/I can't get it/I'm too lazy to get it, just add the game's .Exe file (shortcut or not shortcut doesn't matter I think, just in case, just add the real .Exe file since your shortcut might get deleted at some point)7. Click OK at the bottom (yellow circle)8. Close AV Voice Changer9. Open AV Voice Changer again9Reminder. Make sure all voice morphers are off (Voice Morpher, Parody Mixer, Advanced) but the main recording component is on (Power button in the middle, turn duplex on just in case, I haven't extensively tested out everything, I just found this out myself)10. There should be 6 option buttons on the center left stretching to the middle of the program, click "Recorder", the 2nd-most left circle.11. The Recorder window will pop up, now pick the program's name that you want to record the sound from (e.G I want to record music from a Visual Novel called Tsukihime, so I click "rec_tsukihime_"), if done correctly, the program's stream will be highlighted12. Just press the record button at the bottom left and it will record all sounds coming from the program12a. Pause if you need to pause and continue later, it's pretty much just like your everyday recording device13. Click Stop to finish it.14. Once done, go to settings (it's on the upper right of the same Recorder Window15. A new window will appear, there will then be something likeBase Folder:C:UsersWindowsVistaIsSoAwfulItTreatsAudioStreamsThatMuchDifferentlyThanXPDocumentsThat is where your recording is and it is saved by the name of the recording.I don't hope this helps, I KNOW this will help.To some people who kept saying go the recording tabs and show disabled devices:Guys, we're not retarded, Anonym32116's explanation WAS CLEAR ENOUGH, YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPEAT IT THE 5TH TIME. It's as if you guys are purposely mocking us knowing we DON'T HAVE A WHAT U HEAR IN OUR VISTA COMPUTERS.Smartest post all post in here:"Windows Vista handles audio differently than XP did. Whereas XP was intelligently designed and handled each channel seperately, Vista was made by a team of downy babies and uses a completely redundant system. If you're running on an upgraded machine, the above may still work for you. But if you're like me, and have a based Vista machine, you're ****ed" - Anonym137301AV Voice Changer is not freeware, if you can't pay for it, there's a great working torrent for the same AV Voice Changer 6 Diamond I'm using, if confused, ask again, maybe some day I'll come back, or never.-reply by reb3llist

Thanks!Record Sound Directly From Computer?

Just want to say thanks!  I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working for me with Audacity, the instructions work with Windows 7 also!

Record sound directly from computer?Record Sound Directly From Computer?

Hannah is right aTube Catcher is free and you can export Wav or Flac from youtube.  It only works for youtube.  The "what you hear" sound card option doesn't exist with newer sound cards.  IT SHOULD.  Audacity won't record the sound card output without the "what you hear" option in the recording properties. 

-reply by Aerial DC

Recording Autio Straight From Your MacRecord Sound Directly From Computer?

I have a mac, but I am trying to do the same thing: Record the audio on my computer without having to hold up another mic to it. My primary goal is to record sound effects from random things on my computer, and then add those sound effects to my current iMovie project. Does anyone know how? If there is a program, can you give me a download link? Please help!

Windows xp Sound RecorderRecord Sound Directly From Computer?

I use Windows xp and I teach English as a Second Language. I also teach Spanish as a Second Language. With my students, one of the things that I have been doing is recording them to practice and refine pronunciation on my xp Sound Recorder, which works just beautifully for this purpose. Now, that I want to email them their sound recordings that I have made, I realize that they are over the required max of 25kg. So, I decided to use google sites and look for a site page I could develop to just use it as storage and access for these sound recordings, but they are too large. I would really like to find a way that I can save student recordings online somewhere, and in that way, allow my students access so that they can also listen to themselves. Any suggestions anyone...Pooped to the max lulug-

question by lulug

I agree, audacity is a nice solution. And for Microsoft Windows users, there is a portable version available, which avoids installing and adding things to your registry ; if you don't like it, remove the distro folder.