xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Cryptainer 448-bit Encryption

Cryptainer is a 448-bit encryption system to encrypt your data on hard disk to militaty grade encryption.
Simply install Cryptainer in your machine set an access password and activate the program. The Cryptainer creates a Vitrual Drive which can be accessed from My Computer. When you open the drive, a window very similar to Windows Explorer opens and lets your drag the data to be encrypted into it from the Explorere and those files are encrypted automatically.

Once you close the application the Virtual drive disappears from the My Computer. So only the person who has the correct password can recover it. Remember it is encrypted with a 448-bit algorithm, so this renders it almost uncracable or even if someone is so determined to crack it it would require several thousands of years or may be even in millions.

The files that are stored in Cryptainer are less susceptible to viruses than those on your harddisk. So you can save your data from pyring eyes as well as from viruses.

Know more about and get a copy of Cryptainer at http://www.cypherix.com/

But over all keep your password safe, never write it down or tell it to any other person, otherwise there is no use all the 448-bit encryption algorithm used.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Next time you post the same topic with the same article on both forums, I will ban you. Credits reversed.

Wow I jumped on this right away because I used to used PGPdesktop to secure my laptop but now days its only a 30 day trial.PGP provides 128 bit encryption and is very easy to use.This Cryptainer seems to be free "no trial" software which is great but if you look at the technical specs its not providing 448 bit disk encryption. Technical SpecificationsCURRENT SHIPPING VERSION Cryptainer LE 7.0.3.0PLATFORM Intel / AMD / Cyrix / Other compatible architectureOPERATING SYSTEM Windows 95 (OSR2)Windows 98 Windows ME Windows 2000 Windows 2003 ServerWindows XP Windows Vista DISK REQUIREMENT 2 MB approx on all platformsENCRYPTION ALGORITHM Cryptainer LE runs a 128 bit implementation of the Blowfish algorithm in Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) mode with a block size of 64 bytes.CONFORMITY WITH STANDARDS Conforms to the following standardsSHA NIST FIPSKey setting PKCS 5v2HMAC RFC2104 HMAC test vectors RFC2202IBS - ICS 36.080