xisto Community
MediYama

Unable To Connect To Ftp Address. cant resolve host name

The reason you couldn't access is because the subdomain was assigned to Xisto.

It's unclear whether it was a mistype or server error but I have fixed your subdomain to Xisto.

You should be able to see your site using Xisto as the subdomain and FTP without an issue. Be sure that you do not set your FTP as PASSIVE login.

Give few hours/days for name change to resolve. Let me know if any problem occurs.

Thank you and sorry for your inconvenience.

Wow <_< I thought it was normal to have it fixed under Trap 17! Well I will check if the FTP account works now. Thanks for fixing it, and no problem about the inconvenience, it made me post quite some things here and gave me more credits :P .

Edit

How long is it supposed to take before my FTP works again? Two days since the fix, and it still doesn't work.

Edited by MediYama (see edit history)

it still doesn't work on Windows Explorer.

Concerning Windows Internet Explorer, didn't you mistype or forget something ? Remember that in Internet Explorer the URL you have to type is : ftp:yourname@yourname.astahost.com
You will see a box appearing asking for you password, so if you have pop-up blockers this box will not appear. Also, sometimes, this box is under another open window, so be careful not to have too many open windows hiding your password in-box.
However, i'm glad you have a working solution, at least can start your real work, the other details will be solved with time and patience.

Concerning Windows Internet Explorer, didn't you mistype or forget something ? Remember that in Internet Explorer the URL you have to type is : ftp:yourname@yourname.astahost.com
You will see a box appearing asking for you password, so if you have pop-up blockers this box will not appear. Also, sometimes, this box is under another open window, so be careful not to have too many open windows hiding your password in-box.
However, i'm glad you have a working solution, at least can start your real work, the other details will be solved with time and patience.

At last, I got it working. Thanks everyone who wanted to help me get it. Part of the problem wasn't my mistake though <_<

Thank you very much! It works now! It only works in Win Explorer though, not in SmartFTP.
Edited by MediYama (see edit history)