xisto Community
Sten

Domain With Www.

Even if your site is working with both www and non-www, it is a problem with search engines, it will think that they are both different sites. Modify your .htaccess in your /public_html folder by adding these lines:

RewriteEngine OnRewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (.*) http://YOURURL.com/$1 [R=301,L]

This way, http://www.freebackgrounds.com will redirect to yoururl.com, eliminating the www prefix. The www prefix isn't necessary and you should create this redirect for search engine purposes and for compliance with No-www Class B level.

i get the same issue the way to fix this is to upload into the www folder instead of the public_html folder even though www is a shortcut to public_html it fixed my problem.on firefox my page workson ie it does not with the WWW still.oh well.

xboxrulz and nicholas 2, should i do that?

I don't think trying it would hurt.

i get the same issue the way to fix this is to upload into the www folder instead of the public_html folder even though www is a shortcut to public_html it fixed my problem.
on firefox my page works

on ie it does not with the WWW still.

oh well.

www and public_html folders are the same thing, they're just symlinks.

xboxrulz

Yeah don't worry too much, as long as you have this host name server for your domain pointing to here it will correct it self in time.I have had several issues like this with different hosts and different domains, I think it just takes some time before it's all working properly.All I remember doing and having it eventually correct it self (it's taken nearly up to a week before), is to set my hosting to use my chosen domain, and have that domain setup to the name server (or whatever people call them), like where I use optinom for my domain, they let me set it up there.Bit if it's working for some people, then I'd say you have already done this or it will not work at all lol.

i use optinom for my domain too. i got it free with ezyrewards.anyway since someone brought my topic bak up, the only problem i have is with subdomains.

i use optinom for my domain too. i got it free with ezyrewards.
anyway since someone brought my topic bak up, the only problem i have is with subdomains.

Make sure your DNS settings are correct for your domain name.

ns1.astahost.com
ns2.astahost.com

xboxrulz

I still have the www. problem with your site occasionally. Its annoying because it looks for all the images at www.habbofront.com/whatever, so all images appear as broken.

I cant get on the site at all now except the forums subdomain.opaque, i tried pming u but ur inbox is full, lol, if you read this, here is my problem:i cant get on subdomains except the forums one all of a suddenthe site sometimes wont work with the www. prefixemails wont work with pop3i only get the old parking page that i got with the domain. i changed the name servers over a month ago now and i still have problemsplease someone fix this its really annoying, it happens at my house, for friends and at school.

Looking at DNS reports (http://www.dnsstuff.com/) I am finding that you have two extra nameservers which do not belong with your hosting at Xisto.com. This could be the result of your domain registrar placing parking nameservers just in case your domain becomes available or not renewed.Sten and I are in the mist of resolving this issue. I'm somewhat confident once Sten removes "child nameservers" from his domain it should be fine.At my end, to update, I can see the site with or without www prefix.

oh u did the same dns lookup as me :Pive given buffalo my domain cp details so he can maybe fix something

DNSSTUFF is a great site!

Anyway, OpaQue just made few adjustments at Xisto end. Sten, you will no longer see parking-page.net as part of your ns records.Since the additional changes to your ns records were made today, please allow few more hours for the rest of internet to catch-up. It may take up to 72 hours. I know you've been very patient and I can't blame you for your "eagerness." :PIn the mean time, I'll see if your IP is somewhat on the block list under gamma hosting server.UPDATE **July 22, 1:26pm GMT-5I am going to assume there is a specific reason why all your image sources have full URL, i.e. img src="/_domain_/_folder_/_file.ext; rather than just img src="_folder_/_file.ext" ? A content management system is doing this ...?I revisited Sten's site and I am able to view the site with or without the WWW prefix. Although the initial visit might be without WWW prefix, once any link is clicked the address bar shows with WWW prefix.

I just tried my (under construction) home page: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ in Firefox 2.0.0.11 (the current version). The first time around, it showed my new web page when I didn't use the www. and the Xisto default page when I did use the www.

Hitting the reload button in the latter case produced the current home page in both versions. At least in Firefox, it definitely is a Cache problem.