xisto Community

A good program to use for signature or anything with a picture editing is Photoshop as in ANY kind of Photoshop versions. You should really buy this program if you are into editing and being really good for animations/designing.. ANYTHING. Its great, I have Photoshop Elements 5.0 and it works fine to me. Any other programs anyone would like to add?

Um, well, as to whether or not you should get Photoshop...I really think it depends. If you are really really serious about editing signatures (as in, you make signatures and then sell them for money; not a lot of people do this), then sure, buy Photoshop. You're a professional and ought to have done so long ago. But if you're just making them for fun, get GIMP (which is free and open source), which has much of the features of Photoshop anyway.So yeah, if you're not in the mood to spend hundreds of bucks on software, then just get GIMP, try it out, and see if it has what you need. I do agree with TheOneAndOnly on the fact that any Photoshop version works well--they all have enough basic features to suit you for quite a while. Of course, each version has its own set of features, like Elements 2.0 lacks curves and Photoshop 5.0 has it. Stuff like that.

Yeah, I am also for Adobe Photoshop (haven't taken a look at the newer CS3 yet, I heard rumor they messed around a little too much with the GUI).I do like Adobe Photoshop CS2 though (the first of the series I have ever used) and I would put it above everything else (unless the price is a problem, and damn it is not cheap lol).In the past I mostly used Microsoft Paint (it's still the best for anything basic and even sometimes more advanced things, mostly for ease of use and how simplistic the interface is), but I did try things like Jasc's (I believe?) Paint Shop Pro, but I never ever got along with that program.I would also recommend Ultimate Paint, I would not go as far as to say it is anywhere near as feature filled as Photoshop from the get go, but it is fairly easy to use, not expensive (the light/trial version is just fine aside from some blocked filters and such), and works well especially for things like graphics file format conversion, good resizing, very high level of zoom in and out, transparency, very useful for pixel level editing (like if you were sprite editing for example) etc.I also like GIF Movie Gear, mostly for optimizing GIF's, but it is very useful if you have the urge to mess around with, or create animated GIF files, and setting up transparency (even for multiple colours) just could not be much simpler.Well that's all that I can think of at the moment, I haven't really got on to things like GIMP or the like just yet, but I suppose I should check those out at some point (I have seen it being recommended quite a lot).

I have used Adobe Illustrator CS2, I believe, it was a trial version. I found it rather difficult to use. Maybe it has too many features. I want to design signatures as I host a couple forums myself. I found this by searching Forum Signature Design. I am going to try out the free Gimp mentioned above. For one it’s priced right, can’t get better than free, and for two I am a fan of open source.

Note to the admin - I like the layout of this forum, I've played with phpBB, Snits, and YaBB, until now I have never heard of IP Board.

every image editing program is fine for creating signatures, even paint can do the job. It's just op to you how creative you can be with the tools you get :P . Of course, Photoshop or The GIMP offer you the most tools, but that doesn't mean it is better for making signatures than Photofiltre (or some other program) can.

i have from adobe: photoshop cs2, illustrator cs2, indesign cs2 and premier elements 5 or something (oh and adobe reader)but... best free image program would definately without a doubt be paint.NET (http://www.getpaint.net/). u have to have microsoft net framework to use it, but its seriously worth it.i use it more than photoshop now, i cant remember when i last used photoshop actually.