xisto Community
jimmy89

Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

Yeah very true! Ive downloaded it, it didn't actually take that long! The New version is great! so much more things to do! Thanks for all your help everyone-jimmy

Why not just use a peer to peer network to download a pirated version for the cd image. If you bought the software, and have your own unactivated license key, you aren't violating anything in the EULA by using someone else's media to install it.

Another idea yes, but personally I don't like using peer-to-peer networks because of the fact that they can be littered with virus's! I would prefer to download it from a reputable source (like adobe's website) and not from some person who could have tampered with the software ( god only knows what they could try and steal from my computer!)Thanks for the suggestion though!-jimmy

Another idea yes, but personally I don't like using peer-to-peer networks because of the fact that they can be littered with virus's! I would prefer to download it from a reputable source (like adobe's website) and not from some person who could have tampered with the software ( god only knows what they could try and steal from my computer!)

I completely agree with you on this general point. Usually, these peer-to-peer sites are not agreed for officially selling software, they usually steal a software and give it to you. So, they help you stealing software. And, of course, if you accept that they steal from the software manufacturer, you should accept that they steal from your own computer.I think that the only way to work safely is buying your computer with an original software, and buy each piece of additionnal software you put on it, and reading the warranty terms concerning this.
Even in the freeware world, there are sometimes bad surprises, which make me recommend that you have an efficient backup/recovery methodology in case of bad software install leading to minor or major system troubles.

I think that the only way to work safely is buying your computer with an original software, and buy each piece of additionnal software you put on it, and reading the warranty terms concerning this.Even in the freeware world, there are sometimes bad surprises, which make me recommend that you have an efficient backup/recovery methodology in case of bad software install leading to minor or major system troubles.

Totally agreed! Every piece of software that I have installed on my computer I have purchased myself!
-jimmy

Looking at adobe forum is a great idea. However, if you have a look at the answers to this post, you will see that the problem has already been solved by Xisto forum people. Downloading the last version of the software directly from Adobe was the trick. The only remaining question was the way to get some money back from adobe because of the scratched CD, I think it's hopeless. I guess the money paid to Adobe is for licencing the software, whether the software was obtained by conventional mail or by a download from Adobe server.

I had the hardest time trying to install Photoshop CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 on my laptop for work... I shelled out over $1000 for software which costs way too damn much and the install takes 45 minutes... and then failed. I finally managed to get Dreamweaver working, but for Photoshop, I had to revert back to Photoshop 7, which totally defeated the purpose of spending $500 on the software in the first place.... :)

adobe photoshop CS3

Hi

When I try to instal photoshop it comes up please insert photoshop CS3 to comtinue installation and I press ok and it just keeps coming up.

Sorry if this is a very simple thing to do but I'm not good with this stuff!

Thanks much

Anna

-reply by anna

Installing problem

When I install adobe photoshop, I get error (2) asking me to insert the cd when the cd is already in. I have been trying to do it from the last two weeks but no use. Can you please explain the procedures to install adobe photoshop cs3 & flash cs3? Thank you.

-reply by Tiny Rajan

solution found

Make an exact copy of the cd onto your desktop.Name it for example(that was the cds original name)"ADOBE CS4" and run the install file as normally you would.Should work flawlessly

-reply by anonymous

problem installing photoshop.Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3Can anyone give me a solution on how to install a free trial version?Actually I already did try, but the problem is when I start installing itThe program suddenly asked me to insert its cd?What should I do then?Thank youHur...:)

How to install Photoshop and Flash CS3sCannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

This is frustrating! I successfully installed Flash Cs3 with its components, but can't install Photoshop Cs3 for some reason. ARGH! Do any of you guys know this problem?

-reply by Bret KinneyKeywords: install photoshop cs3 and flash cs3

solution!Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

disconnect every usb card reader you have connected(even a multifunction printer) and retry again ;)

-reply by george

Outtopic answer.Cannot Install Adobe Photoshop Cs3

For people who facing close Internet Explorer problem:Here is solution.Click Start > Run > Cmd > taskkill /F /I'm iexplore.Exenote that there is spacing on the left of / symbol.

Replying to iGuestOk this was an easy fix that no one ever thought of mentioning so I'l say it.1. Create a folder on the Desktop "CS3 install"2 Insert disc 13 Open from Start >> Computer >> right click on the CS3 DVD4 Click explore5 Copy Adobe CS3 folder to the "CS3 Install" folder on the desktop6 Do this for all 4 discs7 If your asked to replaces files with same names say yes to all8 Open "CS3 Install"9 Find Setup.Exe10 right click setup.Exe11 click on properties12 Heres the ***** that fixes the damn problem. Click on the Compatibility tab13 In Compatibility mode check run this program in compatibility mode for:14 select Windows XP with Service Pack 215 Apply >> OK16 double click setup.Exe and follow instructionsHope this helps you. 

-reply by Tom Jones' Brother