xisto Community
webguru

Yahoo Mail Going Unlimited

It's one of the biggest e-mail providers, they have a news portal, and...?

And a bulky interface B)

Nevertheless, I agree with you completely - Yahoo slowed down its pace, which Google (ab)used that. Now they want to get back in the greatest-service-on-the-Internet race, but they will not make it just by following suit. They need to think of something new and useful, or at least improve an existing service that people aren't really keen on. That's what's Google has been doing all this time, and we are fully aware where that got them :)

Well I must say, this is a bold approach by yahoo....however I am guessing that they will have some issues associated with this, or some things in their terms of service about sharing the space with other users, and if a user is compromising the space in any way (using too much of it) they can terminate the mail account or something (kind of like what happens with hosting that offers unlimited space or bandwidth, etc....

I agree with mvs.en. I've seen one of my classmate's e-mail in yahoo and he has 3000 messages. He didn't even fill up most of the percentage. Filling up even 50% of your e-mail storage would be wasteful, when you know most of it is spam. The unlimited e-mail storage isn't really much of an upgrade, but I have to say, this would draw new users to the internet because unlimited is such a big word. B)

I never really liked Yahoo mail, having unlimited emails doesn't really change anything.But then again I wouldn't need that many, heck I don't even need as much as Gmail offers and I think thats what a lot of these silly things rely on.It's just meant as hype.

Same here, I don't use a lot of e-mail space, I've never paid attention to the limits. I guess some people might care though, it seems like they're just trying to compete with GMail's huge amount of storage.

I think that yahoo is attracting users. Most people cant fill 1 gb. thats about more than 10000 emails and how will it effect them. if people start to use over usage then yahoo would stop this scheme but look how many users will it will have. simple but fantastic marketing!

Edited by hamza (see edit history)

that is really good for every oneas yahoo offer now is more atractive than before and give us more space to have e-mailsthat is really cooool

I don't see Yahoo becoming a Monopoly, but it is eating up a lot of companies... It is about to launch Yahoo MusicMatch, er MusicBox... it was MusicMatch... So it can link it's radio with many more possibilities. It will be just looking around for more start-ups, and merge and continue on it's path.I have seen Adobe merge with many companies lately... They hit the pay dirt when they merged with Macromedia... and that is only one company. It probably has its' eyes on others, also.I think that if used properly, companies that merge, or companies that will take that chance and upgrade, upgrade... It can help many users and customers... Can't find the right thing you are looking for... you can always 'hop a ride' with one and then send all of your resources elsewhere...AT&T is taking all of the phone and net... it used to be Bell... but when the iron is hot, these companies are gonna strike.A bit off topic, but I was trying to similarities... many smaller groups, companies or what not have tried to compete, but this competition will still give the little guys business... because some people will wait for the day to strike it rich with what their company is supplying...