xisto Community
CHASETOWN

Windows Vista Is Awesome! Ive recently got Windows Vista and Ive had very few problems

Ofcourse it is....But I think i still like XP, as it eats less graphics( not that i have a low end PC with a Low end card) The colledst thing i like about vista is Their are about 470 pirated copies of it running and working as genuine, yes a Genuine crack is available if u search in google, even i used it!@ But still...Home sweet XP!! thanx..(PS Sorry but i dont know if this was a violation or breach of ASTA host rules) <_<

Vista doesn't seem to be a major improvement to me. Yes, it prettier now, you have m,ore search function blah blah blah, but is there actually something major there? Seems unlikely to me. You could get most of its new feature on XP through installing plugins on XP which would make it extremely similar with Vista, but of course the requirements rises at the same time too. In my humble opinion , until now there doesn't seem to be a major reason for people to migrate from XP to Vista yet. And yes, spiderman 3 sucked if u compared it wih spiderman 2.....

I've used Windows Vista in computer labs around campus, and I've got to say that it's a "good looking" OS. I can't say much about the functionality of it, except that it looks very much like a 'windows' version of MacOs. The little widgets bar is pretty nice, but again, what's the price you pay for all of this? You need to fork out lots of money to get the premium version of Windows Vista, or 'ultimate', then you need to have one monster of a computer to run everything on it. I still am not sure what I would need all the fancy tricks for, but it's worth giving a go once I have a computer that has the right system specs to not freeze up or run very slowly on vista. After all, some people get along just fine with a computer that's too slow to run Windows XP, and I can't do that. So maybe in a couple of years when XP computers are phased out, Vista will be the one left standing. I wonder how long it's gonna take before this technology gets to mobile devices.

When purchasing my new computer, it came with vista installed onto it. With all the hype I considered it wouldn't be so bad, but after playing around with it for awhile it was just a pain in the *bottom* at times. First of all some of the settings are arranged in a very funky way, I don't really know, every thing's there, its just some things feel like they shouldn't be in some places. (Thats just up to me though), a lot of my programs wouldn't run with Vista, I had to get a lot of new drivers for some of my older things, and it crashed frequently. After about a month, I just went and reinstalled Windows XP on my computer, in a year or two once they work out some of the bugs and stuff it will probably be a lot better system to use. :P

Vista is a resource taker, my friend has Vista on a brand new laptop. He only had it for 4hrs and it was slow as slugs. Else then the resource problems, it is OK but some bugs take it downhill. You need at least these requirements for Home Premium that I would recommend.A Pentium 4 Processor @ 2.0 GHz at least for a desktop, A Intel Core Duo/Centrino at 1.66Ghz1.5G of RAM10GB HDD at mininum64MB of video card memory and a lot more stuff. 1 GIG OF RAM, like a user said, "it's using 56% (if I remember) of 1G of RAM at bootup", what about the Aero UI, AntiVirus, Firewall and stuff like that.Stick with WinXP (if you use Linux, keep it or upgrade to XP, JUST DON'T UPGRADE TO VISTA)xxxx-jozh-xxxxA another person NOT using Vista!

Heck, I can't even run Windows Vista properly on a Pentium 4 2.53 GHz and having it let me play my games like Battlefield 2142 without having to upgrade the machine again.It's already sluggish with Windows XP. That's why on my laptop, I went with MacOS X, it's simply better than Windows will ever be.xboxrulz

Heck, I can't even run Windows Vista properly on a Pentium 4 2.53 GHz and having it let me play my games like Battlefield 2142 without having to upgrade the machine again.
It's already sluggish with Windows XP. That's why on my laptop, I went with MacOS X, it's simply better than Windows will ever be.

xboxrulz

I don't blame you for using Macintosh OS, at least it is better than the Vista system. Do you have iWork 08, it is cool isn't it!

xxxx-jozh-xxxx

@xboxrulz: Bonjour! Sa va?

I don't blame you for using Macintosh OS, at least it is better than the Vista system. Do you have iWork 08, it is cool isn't it!
xxxx-jozh-xxxx

@xboxrulz: Bonjour! Sa va?

i ran vista for about 7 months before switching back to XP pro, vista is incredible..if it had a little bit of work....it uses way too much resources by default, have to disable windows search service before it runs any better, and the more services you stop the better it runs, but after you stop so many...you lose all the awesome features you gain from vista, so im gonna stick with XP till sp1 comes out ( supposed to be by the end of the year...but hell, i dont think its gonna happen ) till i go back to vista, plus alot of programs have issues, programs that i use and have to have for work....

Vista really really sucks.Windows Vista Is Awesome!

I have being using Vista for a year. When I brought Vista, I was very excited. But in the end I realised that Vista is really a waste of money. I have infinite number of problems, some one please help... I was able to list some of them...

1) The Network works fine, but the icon displays "x". It says: "Connection status: Unknown" and "Server execution failed".

2) Sound recorder doesn't work...

3) Media player doesn't work either...

4) My Webcam stopped capturing vedios...

5) Network and Sharing center freezes...

6) Flash player freezes...

Any one have any idea about this?

-reply by sandesh

Windows 7 will be released soon, this is a breakthrough new system, it is horoshoya even beta version.

Vista is an interim version of Windows XP and Windows 7. So let Windows Millenium before Windows XP, that would be something to release.

Windows 7, consumes much less resources than Vista

and faster, so it will not lag behind the Mac OS X.

I probably will not be back on here to reply to any comments so if anyone would like to continue this discussion you can e-mail me or find me on totalsem.Com user name Tdurden.I am A+ and Network+ certified and for the last year I have been using Windows Vista and I absolutely love it. I will admit however, that due to the misconceptions of Windows Vista, Windows 7 will make Vista go the way of Windows ME (which was a terrible operating system).Now for those who actually know Windows Vista and still hate it (for whatever reason) will hate Windows 7 because 7 is based off the same kernel as Windows Vista. There are a few different features (I haven't used it yet) but for the most part 7 is Windows Vista with less system resources.Now with all that out of the way, I will admit that Vista slows down operations by 5-10%, but for me, that's where the negativity ends. I don’t get how people can complain about the UAC features after SP1. UAC only asks for permission from ADMIN LEVEL actions. If you are constantly doing something that requires ADMIN LEVEL permissions than I have to wonder what you are doing. Even with that, you are asked to take 2 seconds out of your time to click OK. This was put into Windows Vista (and 7) to prevent malware from performing actions on your PC (not to prevent malware itself). If you really hate the UAC you can make it so that it is enabled for your entire session or (worse) turn it off entirely. Another feature that I have found extremely useful which I'll quote Wiki on is: Instant Search (also known as search as you type) : Windows Vista features a new way of searching called Instant Search, which is significantly faster and more in-depth (content-based) than the search features found in any of the previous versions of Windows.[20For those who utilize IPv6, you should love Windows Vista. Not only is it fully incorporated into the OS but the TCP window scaling allows IPV6 to work without third-party applications.Another quote from Wiki (and please, don’t discard the argument because the facts of Vista on Wiki are indeed correct):Direct3D 10, developed in conjunction with major graphics card manufacturers, is a new architecture with more advanced shader support, and allows the graphics processing unit to render more complex scenes without assistance from the CPU. It features improved load balancing between CPU and GPU and also optimizes data transfer between them.[30]The Ready Boost and Ready Drive improve system performance by employing flash memory (found on USB thumb drives) which chaches commonly used programs and data. This also helps in netbooks battery life since the hybrid drive can spin down even when not in use. However, the beautiful graphical features of Aero will drain your battery, simply turn it off and it will be a non-issueThere are a great deal of improvements that can be easily found within Vista. If your only argument is system resource hog, well, there is no excuse to have less than 2GB of RAM. RAM is extremly cheap and the more you have, the more stability your PC will have (depending on the limit of your MOBO and if you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit).-reply by Tyler