xisto Community
SilverFox1405241541

A Logical Arguement For The Legalization Of Marijuana

Jeigh mate, we don't even smoke clean tobacco, it's illegal to sell it.We basically don't have much choice but to buy commercial brands that put all the crap in it. Home grown is illegal to sell (and I assume buy and possess as well) which doesn't have all the added crap (clean I suppose, or natural).What makes you think they'll be any different with Marijuana lol? They'll probably make ever colour and flavour of the rainbow with it among other things.

Jeigh its addicting. Talk to any long time user of it and they're agree.

Don't agree with you here. While it's illegal to grow / smoke in India - the laws aren't enforced in the strictest sense. People go about smoking it (and it's derivatives - like the purified oil, i.e. Hashish) and aren't bothered by the law enforcement agencies as long as they aren't being a social nuisance and/or into heavy peddling. Here's something that you may find amusing... one of our Gods (Hinduism) - Shiva - is a pothead. All over our mythology - you find him sitting tight with his band of followers and blowing up chillum after chillum of hash (or charas - as it's known in India).

Kids back home in their teens get plenty of exposure to such stuff - even I did. I was into regular smoking till the end of my college days. When I got into an active work life (after a stretch of 8years of pot/hash smoking).. I gave it up overnight. No hang-ups. No withdrawal-symptoms either. What I haven't been able to stop is smoking cigarettes. I've tried hard over past few years, made several attempts at stopping - but always broke my resolution and relapsed into the smoking spree and couple days/weeks later. In my view cigarettes are a far-worse addictive "drug" that marijuana will ever be.

Lastly, its not marijuana itself that's harmful.. rather the main component, THC (delta 9 - TetraHydroCannabinol) is an actively used compound for alleviating pain in cancer patients. However, when you smoke pot - it's not just the THC that you inhale, but several other harmful chemicals - which do the actual damage. More often you find smokers combining pot and tobacco to make it burn smoother - which in turn makes it even worse. If I'm not mistaken, pot has a higher burning point that tobacco - and that makes tobacco release far more of the harmful chemicals that if you were smoking a plain cigarette.

With more and more research into this topic, new facts are being revealed about the usefulness of marijuana - for example, it's been recently discovered that THC can actually cut down / inhibit the tumour growth by half in lung-cancer patients. Thus scientists are looking into alternative methods of delivering THC (vapourising) to the human body, minus the harmful toxins that you'd inhale through direct smoking.

The whole socio-political norm of treating marijuana as an "illegal drug" was probably based on the fact that marijuana has always been held as the "gateway" to other hard drugs. Recent researches further dispel this myth. Teen marijuana smokers are no more susceptible to other drugs / alcohol abuse that non-smokers.

Dunno when this battle will end - but if something is to be declared banned, it should be cigarettes are alcohol first - which, according to recent re-evaluations are considered far more harmful than even synthetic designer drugs like ecstasy.

I'm not saying you can't get addicted to marijuana, I'm saying it isn't physically addicting. People get a psychological addiction to the substance often but it's not because of the drug itself but the way they feel on the drug. Plus being able to become addicted to something isn't reason enough to ban it from public use in my opinion. As long as you warn people about it, I don't see a problem. My parents had the common sense to tell me cigarettes were bad and addicting and I haven't tried them as then I was scared and now I just dont want to risk it. Shockingly, like in many cases, we can actually be held responsible for our actions and the actions of our kids. I'm not trying to make light of people who become addicted to things but 99% of people know its a risk when they use various substances so don't act like they are totally innocent. Anyone who willfully uses a drug should be ready for any consequences of that action.So yes, while possible to become "addicted" to marijuana I don't think that matters. Legalize the ****. B)

Of course, the problem is the over-users and abusers that stab people so they can buy a stick (I am not kidding, it happens here every single night on multiple occasions at multiple places).I don't even need to leave my house to know what goes on, though I must admit alot of dealers got busted on.And what do you think they sold the most of? Pot of course, but why? because it's cheap.If I remember right they raided 600+ pot dealers in 1 suburb, heh.

Thats the problem. A)People who will go to those lengths will go to them either way, illegal or notB)If it was legal, the cops could go after the people committing crimes for the drugs rather then worrying about the plethora of weed dealersC)they could focus on dealers dropping heavier drugs then something alot of middle schoolers use and still turn out fine B)

I still don't think your all getting my point...as harmful as it can be the most harmful part is the related gang and violent crime.Marijuana has killed millions via the cartels/gangs/mafias that control the trafficking. That is why I was arguing it should be legalized is it would end that.The debated I wished to have started was not over the harmfulness of Marijuana and nor was this argument about IV drugs or drugs in general. I made clear that legalization I do not feel is the way for them.My point was that the violent gang crime related to it, at least where I live, is so bad that if legalization would stop that it would be possibly justified. Not many of you can hate and dispise drugs more than I probably do. I lost my father to them, my sister as screwed her life on them and I've grown up where the gang's continually fight (but luckily I've stayed out of them). So I want to make clear that I don't support harmful drugs of any sort. But something has to stop the killings...there are too many happening everyday in America (at least in Texas) and if the cops can't (or won't do it B)) then legalization would at least take the power from the gangs (true coke and others would exist still but one major one down is good).Jeigh is it not a physical chemical response that gives people th feeling they have on the drug? therefore is it not in the most technical sense physically addicting?

What are you talking about?A Logical Arguement For The Legalization Of Marijuana

you don't know what the hell your talking about dude  marijuana is not bad  and in fact, they do use it for medicinal purposes only.  Like cancer anxiety insomnia etc The plant is grown in a medical greenhouse and grown by special gardeners that know how to grow different strains. As every plant has different genetics and helps heal people with Chronic pains; Insomnia; anxiety etc...  So do a little research before you try acting like you know what the hell your talking about.  Capeech?  Grazie.

Just a thought....A Logical Arguement For The Legalization Of Marijuana

I agree that alcohol, cigarettes and pot are similar addictions... But correct me if I'm wrong you never hear about illnesses such as cancer and organ failure due to smoking pot... In fact don't they sometimes treat cancer symptoms with pot??? The only legit concern I really see about the delay of legalizing pot is adding yet another addictive substance to society... They expect society to keep their addictions to alcohol and cigarettes under control, I don't see why they don't legalize pot with the same expectaions (to manage your consumption responsibly) Like with alcohol some people can't handle alcohol and therefore shouldn't drink... Some people can't handle pot so therefore shouldn't smoke it...

Anyway thats just what I think...

Wtf are you talking aboutA Logical Arguement For The Legalization Of Marijuana

It is physically impossible to be addicted to marijuana. There are so many studies that have proved this and goverment propoganda has lead you people to believe that MARIJUANA is harmful/addicted to you.. Puuu leezz gtfo cause u are imbocil

Abovetheinfluence.Org  go hear before you open your mouth more.. Ill hollla

-reply by Quickly

people don't stop and think about the people who actually grow marijuana. They will loose so much money if marijuana becomes legal. And thats how they live. Its like now in the world and how we have a hard time with jobs. Your taking away from them,something that there actually good at. I personally live in Humboldt County in California which is part of the emerald triangle. And here the lives of half of the three counties strive off of marijuana. That's how we live.How we support our families. That is our job. And yes we have normal lives,we do normal things, you wouldn't even knew half of us grow. I think marijuana should stay illegal and if you want it then go get a 215 its not hard to do. Even if it were to become legal kids would still get there hands on it,my people know your people who know people!? duhh! that easy! in our economy marijuana hasn't effected anything or anybody. They say it leads to other harmful drugs? yeah, no it does not it leads to it if the person smoking it wants to try new things. I personal smoke and I have never done any other thing because I am happy with my choice of use. Don't be dumb and blame it on marijuana its the choice of the smoker!

-reply by breezy