xisto Community
iGuest

Hacking A Network

Hey,I can pick up other Network systems on my wireless route...I was wondering can you hack the WPA Key of because they are all securedAnd im wondering if theres anyway to connect to them without using a pass?If there is please tell me it will be interesting to try it out :ph34r:Thanks

Not that I am aware of. I think you need a password for all wireless connections, but I know that people have gotten free internet that way so it may be possible. Just a little hint also, hackers are looked down on by most of the internet communities. Now I know noone at this forum will flame you but watch out when looking for hacks. Just a little suggestion,Sparkx

Agreed with sparkx. It's usually not a good thing to ask about hacking with a negative connotation to it. This is one of those either learn on your own (somehow) or learn quietly off of some random tutorial you nick off then net. For me, I've also gotten free Internet without doing any hacking (though it's useless as well since I don't need it). It just so happens that most people around my neighborhood don't protect their Internet.

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

For WEP, 64Bit and 128Bit, i've successfully done it with aircrack. I use the cd image from remote-exploit, the so call "Auditor Security Collection" http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now they've name it BackTrack, haven't try the new one though. As for WPA, i believe it's possible, but will take more time.

What i did for WEP is just capture enough packet with IV, then run aircrack to crack it. You'll need at least 10000 for 64Bit WEP, and 10 times more for 128Bit WEP. So for WPA, i believe you'll need a lot more than that. On a busy network, you can get 10000 IV packet in around an hour or so. That's consider slow for most hacker (i'm not a hacker). If you have 2 system with wireless LAN, then it's faster, you run airdump on one to capture, and another running aireplay to generate the dummy packet so the AP keep generating IV packet. I've never been able to try that, cause i didn't have 2 notebook at a time.

If you need a more detail tutorial, search for aircrack in google, you'll find a lot

NOTE: DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'm not sure what rules are enforce in your country. If you get caught for doing that, i won't be responsible for that. I only do that for sheer fun of it, and also to learn more about how to secure my AP

someone was doing that to me and i got very pissed. hackers like you tend to download warez and lagg the internet like _ _ _ _ i swear they were using my connection as just a server so i screwed them over by hacking them. i was my network admin and they joined my network. say hello to link edited out as your hompage and a nude desktop hackers.

Notice from WeaponX:
Post one more link like that and you WILL be banned.

someone was doing that to me and i got very pissed. hackers like you tend to download warez and lagg the internet like _ _ _ _ i swear they were using my connection as just a server so i screwed them over by hacking them. i was my network admin and they joined my network. say hello to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ as your hompage and a nude desktop hackers.

What's the matter with you? Please, don't assume that all hackers are bad. If you were really hacked, then that means you need to really strengthen your security system as to prevent such thing from happening again. Learning to hack also will help you learn your way to prevent it in the future. Right?

What's the matter with you? Please, don't assume that all hackers are bad. If you were really hacked, then that means you need to really strengthen your security system as to prevent such thing from happening again. Learning to hack also will help you learn your way to prevent it in the future. Right?

Yeah, that's true. Getting revenge like that doesn't really get you anywhere. Better to learn from your mistakes than try to force the blame on others by hacking them back. I mean, yes, hackers who hurt your connection like that are bad, but doing something like that back to them--now that's just utterly disgusting. Doesn't make you any better than the hackers.

Remember Attack of the show? Well look up the old people that used to be in the show ( I forget their names) they have an online podcast for hackers/gamers/computer geeks. They have a show on how to hack wifi, wireless, even wired internet connections from your computer. Even how to make an extension on your laptop so you can get a connection a mile away from use of stuff found around the house.

I wrote this topic because if i can pick up other networks what the **** am i paying for the internet when i could just use other people'sBecause after all if i could connect to some one else's i could use there internet plus i could go on illegal sites lol (JOKE) but you know what im saying.Thanks, RS2cheaters

Yeah, that's true. Getting revenge like that doesn't really get you anywhere. Better to learn from your mistakes than try to force the blame on others by hacking them back. I mean, yes, hackers who hurt your connection like that are bad, but doing something like that back to them--now that's just utterly disgusting. Doesn't make you any better than the hackers.

This sparks my curiosity a lot, though I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Care to clarify/share some links, please?
As for getting into networks, I'm also a bit interested, not just to edumacaaate, myself, but to know how I can keep my pesky neighbor's kid out of my network. It's got MAC-recognition and WPA2 keys on it, and the logs are often checked.

i could go on illegal sites lol (JOKE) but you know what im saying.

That's what Tor is for.

It's got MAC-recognition and WPA2 keys on it

All well and good, but MAC addresses can be spoofed, and it's only a matter of time before WPA2 is cracked. You might be better off just pounding the little neighbor kid's face into the pavement :ph34r:
As for me, my wireless is sandboxed on my router. All that is accessible is a paranoid setup of OpenVPN to get out into my home network. It's much less likely to be cracked than the common protocols, plus since it doesn't even need WEP (end-to-end crypto provided by OpenVPN) it will let all sorts of legacy gear connect to it. Plus, I can safely support unsecured services like my girlfriend's PS2 via letting the router do some traffic analysis and selective routing.

That's what Tor is for.

All well and good, but MAC addresses can be spoofed, and it's only a matter of time before WPA2 is cracked. You might be better off just pounding the little neighbor kid's face into the pavement :ph34r:

Hehe, no need for that. I was able to bruteforce my way onto his network (WEP-32bit, I THINK) but for some dubious and obscure reason, he left his admin login on the standard values. Just for fun, I blocked google.com from being accessed, as I noticed his mac and computer name on my network (it was completely open at that time, though). He was even smart enough to name his computer after him. Way to go. Last I checked, google.com was still blocked.

As for me, my wireless is sandboxed on my router. All that is accessible is a paranoid setup of OpenVPN to get out into my home network. It's much less likely to be cracked than the common protocols, plus since it doesn't even need WEP (end-to-end crypto provided by OpenVPN) it will let all sorts of legacy gear connect to it. Plus, I can safely support unsecured services like my girlfriend's PS2 via letting the router do some traffic analysis and selective routing.

You know what, I hate to admit it, but I barely have any clue of what you're talking about. It hurts my semi-geek pride. =(

I know that a VPN is a virtual private network, but the only times I've seen or heard about it, was to facilitate networking functions in a company that had a branch office outside of the main office's network range. So through connection over the internet, the VPN would be used to "simulate" the main network. Amirite?

I don't udnerstand how you would apply this to your own, personal network?

someone was doing that to me and i got very pissed. hackers like you tend to download warez and lagg the internet like _ _ _ _ i swear they were using my connection as just a server so i screwed them over by hacking them. i was my network admin and they joined my network. say hello to link edited out as your hompage and a nude desktop hackers.

Notice from WeaponX:
Post one more link like that and you WILL be banned.

As being part of the culture, I disagree that hackers are all bad. More likely it is a culture that are misunderstood. Please dont forget that the online and digital world are created by hackers not by normal end user people.

What are hackers depends on what group you are asking. Ask a group of computer gamers and the meaning of hackers are those that uses keyloggers to steal game accounts. Ask a group of computer students and the term hackers goes credits to virus programmers. Ask some security experts and it will diverge into two groups and an introduction of phreakers, crackers and others stuff.

Media also plays bad about the hackers reputation blaming all things they cant comprehend as a hacker activity.

About air hacking, I normaly use one builtin 500bmps wireless card and a plugin wireless card. it consumes alot of memory and processor time which i avoided by befriending the admin of my target network. From the interaction, i get an idea what is on the other side of the network and what it is worth. Well, most of the time, even a good Network admin leaves some tiny holes that can grow big and the end users lack of skills in online world makes them as the biggest security hole.

On my last demonstration with my previous company, I have successfully turned 20+ computers into zombies out of 315 [on my last count] of computers by sending a birthday card to the end users using a spoofed mail. Then the zombies connects to my wireless network. Viola, I was part of the network with the zombies as bridges.. Surely it take me a while to get a zombie that have a wireless card and a lan card connected but i was aware that 15% of the computer population in the company operates on laptops that have both.

Hackers Join Open Source projects and write Great Software... e.g. Richard Stallman+ writing Gnu Compiler Collection,and are generally respected...Script Kiddies do a quick search on google, download security auditing software like aircrask, written by truely intelligent software writers,simply run the software, coppying the commnds they saw on a google page,Then log on to forums and claim they "Hacked" 128 bit WEP encryption....somehow managing to think they achieved somthing,without even taking a glance at the encrpyion algorithm source code,without having a single clue how the security auditing software they used works.Thus, giving the security auditing software writers ( the good guys ) a bad name.Breaking the encryption for the purpose of proving it can be done, thus casuing wireless hardware companys to come up wth better methods, is a good thing.Breaking DRM, is a good thing ( in my opinion, too many DVD's dont work on my linux PC out of the box).hastling your neighbours, stealing there bandwidth, and generally being annoying helps no-one, just exposes you for a script kiddie,perhaps compareing yourself to some hollywood film character ( Zero-cool / that swordfish guy / Matrix neo bloke )

hastling your neighbours, stealing there bandwidth, and generally being annoying helps no-one, just exposes you for a script kiddie,perhaps compareing yourself to some hollywood film character ( Zero-cool / that swordfish guy / Matrix neo bloke )

Man, they have a cool GUI [Graphic User Interface] and tons of monitors with random flashing thing-a-majig.. It looks cool and nicer than staring at thousand of lines of machine codes just to make that piece of IC to work they way you want it to work.

Frankly, sometimes making new stuffs makes me bored and I started to give up on my AI software that eats a lot of disk space before I can make it to play tictactoe.

GNU and open source systems are a good base for those that are new to programming or have no idea what to start with but have a cool acontribution to add to the existing projects.

:ph34r: