xisto Community
delivi

Firefox Plugins For Web Developers

Everybody knows that images are an essential part of every website but at the same time images make them to load slower. What many people do not realize is that these images can be optimized as any other web content, but do it manually is frustrating and time-consuming.

Well, not any more thanks to Smush It. When you need to gain performace and need to optimize your images, this is when Smush It comes into action and help us with this painful task, by doing it for us in a very simple and fast way.

Image optimization is an art that not many people master. There are many good image editing tools that allow us to get the best visual result for a certain file size but "under the hood" a lot more optimization can be done.
Smushit.com is a service that goes beyond the limitations of Photoshop, Fireworks & Co. It uses image format specific non-lossy image optimization tools to squeeze the last bytes out of your images - without changing their look or visual quality. You'll get a report of how many bytes you can save by optimizing your images and all the changed images as a single zip for download.

Smush it comes in different flavours:

* You can upload a bunch of pictures in your browser
* You can provide us with a list of image urls or
* You can get a Firefox Extension or a cross-browser bookmarklet to optimize the images found on any web page

Saving bytes has never been so easy - you point us in the right direction, and we'll do the rest for you. A ZIP archive with optimized images will be generated for you.

If you want it, this is the direct link to download and install the smush it firefox plug-in directly, because i don't found it at the Firefox Add-ons site. After you install the Smush It plug-in, simply press the Smush It icon located on the firefox status bar to start optimize your images.

Best regards,

I also have most of those Web developers addons installed on Firefox, but the best for me and which I usually use when I want to do something and which makes my live more easier is:Web developer, it really has lots of functions to make you happyEditCSS in real time, when you change something, it changes and you can fast know how to change something, no need to go to an Editor and later refresh..View source of even linked file, for Javascript and CSS files which are outside..To view source and the ability to edit something in that page locally on your browser and see the result!Viewing of headers, received and send, most of browsers don't show everything..and of course Firebug, when I found it, it really made me enjoy it :rolleyes:

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Great list man, thanks for sharing, there are a few things there that i am going to give a try. There is one plugin i use a bit and thats one from http://www.onlywire.com/ its a social bookmarking plugin that allows onlywire to send your bookmark to abut 40 different sites. It just hurts your fingers signing up to all of them.