xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

Google's Annual April Fools Pranks

Ok, Google, you guys come up with a lot of funny tricks! Lets take a look at this year's pranks:

1. Free broadband called "Google TiSP"

Google TiSP (BETA) is a fully functional, end-to-end system that provides in-home wireless access by connecting your commode-based TiSP wireless router to one of thousands of TiSP Access Nodes via fiber-optic cable strung through your local municipal sewage lines.

See it: https://www.google.com/tisp/

2. Gmail Paper. Gmail may have been launched on April Fools, but it's no joke. Gmail Paper, obviously is.

Everyone loves Gmail. But not everyone loves email, or the digital era. What ever happened to stamps, filing cabinets, and the mailman? Well, you asked for it, and itâs here. Weâre bringing it back.

See it: https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=https://mail.google.com/mail/&ss=1&scc=1&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2&emr=1&osid=1 and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Excellent pranks this year! Gmail Paper would be really cool though! It'd save me from having to waste my own paper and ink! ;) I'm willing to wait 2-4 business days for my emails! lol

One question though, why didn't they give us 3 gigs?? I thought they would last year when Gmail turned 3, but obviously, the 3 gig mark is a while off.

[N]F

Lol, i kinda liked the TISP version of the april fools prank. Frankly i was prompted to click the clink on the google page because it said "FREE" lol, not realizing the fact that it was the month of fools ;) ..

Here are a few other sites that feasted on the April fools prank show.

LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK <- My Fav
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK

Source: Neowin.net

Regards
Dhanesh.

Man, I was so pumped when I first saw the "New! Get FREE breakthrough broadband" link. What a total let-down. I figured I'd finally be one of the first people to try out a new google product. Touche once again Google, you beat me every year. Their best one had to be 2000's "Google MentalPlex" though, which was search technology that supposedly read the user's mind to determine what the user wanted to search for.

Lol, i kinda liked the TISP version of the april fools prank. Frankly i was prompted to click the clink on the google page because it said "FREE" lol, not realizing the fact that it was the month of fools ;) ..

Yeah, same here... I didn't realize it was April Fools until like 7:00 tonight and I was thinking about the Gmail Paper and then it hit me! ;) Would be cool, though they'd use massive amounts of paper and postage! ;)

[N]F

Hi,I was working when I saw the prank on my bosses computer, At first I could not belive it for itis like a dream come true and then I started doubting it and then like a dolt I realised that I was made a fool on April Fool's day but that was a brilliant joke. I mean Hat's off to Google for making life a bit more fun .But I wonder how many gullible people are still waiting for the product to launch ;) Anyway It was exciting to think of the loo powered internet but I guess we will have wait for another decade or two until the thing becomes solid.Cheers ;)

google is strictily following its policy of fooling its users every year with its Pranks and make the ignorant user belive some cool ideas. :ph34r:

lol, wow. There were alot of sites that did April Fool's jokes yesterday.One site (http://www.japanyay.com/dothack.php) put up a big "We have been shut down by <insert company name here>. Lol, when it came back up everyone was ranting and crap, lol. Another one (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) said they were going to release a much anticipated (by fans of that site at least) 3D game "in the next 24 hours", oh man those guys were ticked off when they found out. And then a Wikia (dothack wikia) changed all the series names to some guy's name and put up fake pics. I actually didn't pull any pranks this year, lol. I shoulda thought up something.

Haha, a friend posted the link to Google broadband and I didn't even link it with the fact that it's April. I just thought, "Hmm now that is incredibly odd...." Hats off to Google for having a sense of humor in a world where everyone else seems to be losing theirs. : )

I didn't get fooled by google or gmail at that day, but I got fooled by Apex DC, I went to their website apexdc.net and saw that a new version of this application is available, so I downloaded it and thought I have the new version, but this was just a prank.. I didn't get, thought it was a bug or something, when I went to the news and saw the date it was released :ph34r: On April 1st, so I got pranked by them.. :)

I didn't get fooled by google or gmail at that day, but I got fooled by Apex DC, I went to their website apexdc.net and saw that a new version of this application is available, so I downloaded it and thought I have the new version, but this was just a prank.. I didn't get, thought it was a bug or something, when I went to the news and saw the date it was released :ph34r: On April 1st, so I got pranked by them.. :)

Don't you think a prank where they "suspended" all of our accounts would be a little much? Some people might have sites that would be badly effected by that, lol. But uh, yeah I'm sure some site out there beat Google in its own way... just wouldn't have fooled as many people I guess.

I had just been reminded that it was April Fools Day before i got online, so i was in a skeptical frame of mind. The Gpaper thing though, I almost fell for it. But I figured I might as well get some fun out of it, so printed it out and posted it on the bulletin board, and forwarded it to all my coworkers. They got so excited about it, i still haven't told them it was a prank.