xisto Community
niran

Gmail Paper :: Free Physical Copy Of Any Message With The Click Of A Button

Hi all...

One new news from Google GMail Team!!

GMail Paper

Get your Physical copy of any message by Mail ( Not eMail ;) ) with the click of a button!! ;)

Yes its true guys!! Its completely FREE only ;)

( Its not 'April Fool' Special Announcement :P )

You will get it within 2-4 business days as parcel! You can You can read, touch it. Or even move it to your Original Trash Can! ;)

Here is the Image from Google:

Posted Image

Check this page:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Is it free?

Yes. The cost of postage is offset with the help of relevant, targeted, unobtrusive advertisements, which will appear on the back of your Gmail Paper prints in red, bold, 36 pt Helvetica. No pop-ups, no flashy animationsâthese are physically impossible in the paper medium.

How about attachments?

All part of the deal. Photo attachments are printed on high-quality, glossy photo paper, and secured to your Gmail Paper with a paper clip. MP3 and WAV files will not be printed. We recommend maintaining copies of your non-paper Gmail in these cases.

Is there a limit?

You can make us print one, one thousand, or one hundred thousand of your emails. Itâs whatever seems reasonable to you.

But what about the environment?

Not a problem. Gmail Paper is made out of 96% post-consumer organic soybean sputum, and thus, actually helps the environment. For every Gmail Paper we produce, the environment gets incrementally healthier.

Regards,

Niru

Damn that's nice, but personally i wouldn't need to use it. For free as well, looks like google have the money too. I guess this would help people that rely on their email alot and definately need that paper backup especially for free. Gmail is still going on the advertising method i see, putting ads on the physical copies but as usual they are unobtrusive. -HellFire

That would be cool to have, but I have a printer that costs just less then .1 cent per click (copy) and a colored printer that costs about .5 cents per click. Both are highspeed and new ;) It seems hard to believe that they are doing this. They must charge you. It is not free to print off and mail you stuff. There is little chance that they are making all of there money back through ads on the copys. Sometimes these things are too hard to believe being as it is April 1.

Exactly ;) Although the TiSP system is a bit more obvious ;) I.e. there are not many links on the GMail Paper page that would lead you to the "April Fool!" page - actually, there is only one, and that is the Privacy Policy.

I'm so glad they've created two jokes this year; as far as I know, it has always been only one. What's more, I find GMail Paper to be the best one yet, when we talk about how real they are.

Well presented, Google and blizzard had some funny pages this year.I still think Internet ruined April Fools. It's not that much 'fun' anymore when you already expect it beforehand and with all the other crap lying about.

this is really an April Foo's Day Joke by Gooogle.The Google Guys really work a lot to make the people fool by bringing out something that seems really possible.

I think this was an awesome idea for an April Fool's joke; you got to love Google's sense of humor. This is probably part of one of those Friday projects that got shot down by some common-sense thinking individual. What WOULD be cool, though, is if Google offered to send your emails to your fax machine every day or offered to send an email, with a price, to a bunch of people in hard copy (basically doing the printing and packaging as a service).

is this really freethen i would want all copies of mail that i receive

Please read more carefully the answers to this post, namely the Saint-Michael answer :

Well you do all realize that it is a joke since it is April Fools today

Or livingston's reply :

this is really an April Foo's Day Joke by Gooogle.The Google Guys really work a lot to make the people fool by bringing out something that seems really possible.