xisto Community
jimmy89

No Sound In Windows Xp

I tried it just for fun for my audio controller, VEN_8086 DEV_266 and the first things I found was people on forums asking which device it is ... :o Thanks a lot for that Vendor + device trick, it will help me a lot for next time I will perform a fresh install from scratch on an unknown hardware PC.

no soundNo Sound In Windows Xp

hi, I have the same sound problem but it recently started after I removed my old 5.1 speakers and plugged in my new ones, sonicgear enzo 6000 and I formatted my pc and put a fresh copy of xp. Now I cant hear any windows sounds or internet sounds and my 5.1's sound weird or distorted somehow. I have 5 ports in my pc bt the speakers only have one so I don't know which to connect to, I have tried all of them, bt still poor sound. Help is greatly appreciated...

-question by facespeaks

no sound in xpNo Sound In Windows Xp

I have compaqCQ60-106tu

I have installed xp professional.

but there is no sound there;even after installing drivers even there is no icon of sound in tray.

-reply by avinash

No soundNo Sound In Windows Xp

Have checked volume: on bottom and in start menu... All working.  Have attempted test sound, working however when attempted to listen to a video/game no sound.  Have installed sound card, same issue.  When plugged into another connection sound does work, someone's elses speakers have sound.  Also, had purchased new speakers, yet same issue... No sound.

-question by Roberta Brown

sound software neededNo Sound In Windows Xp

I have a pc hp laptop,I just installed windows xp but I'm having problems with sound,it can play dvd video but there will be no audio and again it can't play audio music,what can I do?

-reply by cathybert

no sound No Sound In Windows Xp

I read that you cannot get sound after reinstalling your windows? well me either. I found out the reason is that my computer doesnt have a sound card it has a motherboard sound. So my sound comes from the motherboard, this isnt kewl at all for me, I reinstalled windows xp and have no sound and found out that the reason is that the sound comes from my mother board. So unless dell sends me out a cd that will fix this issue I am out. Just thought this may be your case, hope not but you may want to ck into it.

-reply by silvia

Sounds work with everything cd dvd itunes but no system sounds no ding beeps any of that stuff. What do you think. Ive tried reinstalling drivers it tells me that there are no speaker drivers installed so my sound buttons are Greyed out where you can test the sounds.

NO SOUND IN WINDOWS XPNo Sound In Windows Xp

Replying to iGuest I have dell B 130 inspiron laptop : no sound. I'm going to buy a USB EXTERIOR SOUND CARD. APPROX. $10.00 and see if that overrides the interior sound system. If it does then all I need to do is get a head set and plug it into head phone jacks on side of laptop; or better buy a set ot exterior USB speakers and plug them into the other USB PORT. THIS SOLUTION should work no matter what the interior sound problem is. I hope

-reply by niholas turo

No Sound In Windows XpNo Sound In Windows Xp

Hi all,Just to let you know. I have had no sound on my XP set up for 3 years using a Realtek HD System. NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE drivers, Legacy Audio drivers etc.Over that period I have tried everything, even disabling Windows Media Centre.As of this week I updated all the drivers and sound card. Checked and rechecked the Device Manager and locations where the sound could have been "muted."Went over everything in the Control Panel, all ok.BIOS set up "Audio = Auto." I had looked at that for 3 years. "Auto" must be ok, right?Thought about it, went back, changed the BIOS Audio setting to "enable" - hey presto! - perfect sound. Hopefully, this may help someone else.

Thanks-feedback by Johnny Thunder