xisto Community
Bảo Tuấn

Avg Free Vs Avast! Free

For people who think AVG is better than Avast, well please go try the latest and better AVG 9.0 and see if you still think the same.

AVG 9.0 will cause all kind of system slow down. Don't believe me? check out their forum or google "slow down problem with AVG 9.0" and you'll see

I have both Avast and AVG and decide to uninstall AVG 9.0.

I've tried Norton, McAfee, AVG & Avast for over 8 years, 2 years each & they all but one slowed my computer down. Even with a dual core CPU AVG still slowed my system. The anti-virus is like a virus in itself! & sometimes worst! The best one I found that allows your computer the run the best is Avast. I download & install way more than average & Avast kills the virus, but twice a year they get through & Avast is unable to remove the virus. When this happens I temporary shut down Avast & run Spyware Doctor & that usually does the job & if not I install AVG to get the bug out & then I uninstall AVG & turn Avast back on. I have been doing this for the last couple of years & no major problems.

JD

AVG vs AvastAvg Free Vs Avast! Free

I have  a dual boot system. Recently I replaced AVG with Avast on one of the HD. I like Avast because it does not slow down my system as much as AVG. However, there is a down side to Avast. It will not allow me to use my game Scrabble. To run this game the CD must be in the tray and Avast prevents it from loading. Avast also prevents me from updating DVD nextCopy. I installed it while I was still using AVG and it installed properly. Now with Avast installed it will not update. Both of these programs function properly if I boot from the drive that has AVG.

-reply by canvicb

I'm going to go ahead and say AVG. I had a laptop that had a 64-bit operating system and AVG ran fine on that. I tried out avast but I wasn't a fan of the user interface. I tried it out for a few weeks before switching back to AVG.

If I would need to choose between AVG and Avast, I think I would choose Avast, but still wouldn't like both, I remember I tried AVG and Avast and saw them used by some of my friends, but their interface is kind of stupid? Well, they seem to be free, but they offer better features when you get a Pro release?I personally use Microsoft Security Essentials for free for a year or more and am satisfied with it, I think I also tried Avira AntiVir and I think it may be even better than AVG or Avast. :)

I have decided im going to use one of these instead of re-newing my Norton subscription in your opinion which would you go for?

Norton antivirus is a good solution for your security but because free antivirus softwares are available nowadays therefore the freebies are preferred. Among the free antivirus softwares, the three most famous are AVG, avira and avast. All of them have certain downsides and certain positives. Lets discuss all of them in some detail.AVG:
Avg in some eyes is very good but lot of peoplw will not prefer it over the avira antivirus. The best part of the avg free antivirus is that it is completely free. Also it is said on numerous places that have some authority as well that avg is the fastest of the three famous free antivirus softwares. The downside of the avg is that the detection level is not so good and sometimes your computer will get infection and your avg will not even be aware of this. This is too much risk to be taken for fast performance but if you use some secure servers and websites etc then you can use AVG instead of the other two
Avast: The second famous antivirus is the avast. it is also completely free and you do not need to pay even a penny to have it installed on your computer. The positive part of the avast is that it comes with a variety of security engines that will clean your computer, your emails, your data etc etc. Avast will do it all while consuming very little memory. The downside is the same as that of avg that is the detection level of avast is also not very good and your computer might get infected. So if you are not at risk of infection then you can use it.
Avira: Probably the best of the three famous antivirus softwares. It has also a premium version which provide even better security. The free version provides security better than some costly antivirus softwares. The detection level is very good and your system will very rarely get infected. THe downside of this antivirus software is the it consumes cpu memory more than the other two and is very slow. But for people who prefer security over speed, avira is the antivirus software.

AVG is the best free AV except of AVIRA.

Every one has its own choice. As i wrote in my previous post in this topic, some people will prefer security over speed while other will sacrifice some of the security for speed. So if you like AVG you should keep using it because all of the three famous free antivirus softwares are good enough to be used instead of the costly paid antivirus services

Norton attaches itself into the register when installed on a computer. A computer with a weak and slow processor might experience a severe slower speed caused by Norton Antivirus. For this reason any other antivirus program that is available for free on the internet can be preferred over Norton.

We have a nice off-topic situation here!The topic is spotted on Avg vs Avast.And people answer talking about Norton, Avira, and even "Any Free Antivirus".Of course, Internet is symbol of freedom, but, could you sometimes try sticking to the main topic subject? :)

I have decided im going to use one of these instead of re-newing my Norton subscription in your opinion which would you go for?

Norton? Does it say Norton in the start post?

I believe that the Free Version of AVG is good. I install it on all of my clients computers who doesn't want to pay for an Antivirus Software. But it's better to actually spend on a good Decent one. You'll be better off in the long run. I personally use Eset Smart Security and haven't had a problem since the initial install.My choice and advice... go with AVG!