xisto Community
wutske

How Long Do You Work on your pc

Yeah that's a bit like me, my work and house maintanence isn't too "do it and do it now" heavy, I can do bits and pieces over a few hours, or work over the course of the whole day (and save my left wrist some pain and strain).

Time actually spent working on homework for me is usually 2 hours. But of course, I drag it along and visit sites that I don't need to. Damn me. :ph34r:

I'm a SOHO software and web developer -well thats my primary work- and the first thing i do after wakeup is turn on my pc and connect to the net, after that i dont count how many hours i'm online because sometimes i dont sleep only take some nap :ph34r: Best regards,

I have pretty much been working since 10pm last night and it is 4pm now. I am working like crazy to get this rush job done.Why does this client always come to me at the last minute> and why do I keep giving in? oh, right, he pays well. I haven't sleptfor about 32 hours.

TavoxPeru, lol that's just like me!!!!!As soon as I wake up (or get out of the shower) it's straight on and doesn't come off till 12-2am.Most of it is hobby work and general use, though I do some freelancing (which I am atm but have been behind due to the flu/asthma/allergies, yeah fun lol).I'm a general software and web developer (Object Pascal, Visual Basic, C++, Flash/Actionscript, HTML, XHTML, Javascript, CSS, PHP, mySQL etc), as a habby.What is SOHO?P.S. I feel sorry for you solak that sucks, sleep is the single greatest thing :ph34r:

What is SOHO?

SOHO means Small Oficce Home Office.
BTW, i just get one new job so today i guess that i will be online till 6am.

Best regards,

Ouch, I'm a little behind on my freelance work too, but it's only data entry and isn't needed in a hurry (this is like the 9th/10th lot I have done for the same person).Deadlines suck, but I have to say from experience, try not to stay up any later than 12-2am often, or it can make some pretty nasty patterns and sucky sleep routines.

i love to work on computer for hours actually there were days when i sat on computer for say 18 hrs a day and my mom had to literally make me sleep or else i would have become a zombie by now,but i really loved those days ,now as i am expanding my business offline i dont get much time and i have also moved to university and i have a hell lot of study. but really computers are wonderful thing that has happen to me ,you can sit on computer and work for say hours of it and never get bored ,but obviously you should have inspiring goals in front of you ,there is also a disadvantage working on computer that most of time we get carried away and waste a lot of time then we work on the pc ,pcs are meant to be wonderful stuff ,the creativity in flow i get when i am programming is really what i love ,but i feel my those days are gone as now my most of the time goes in managment and i have given my programming job to freelancer,i would soon move away from this forum too.because i would them like to move to a paid host .pc's are also a hell lot addictive ,even while playing games on gets so engrossed that i simply wanna keep on playing and not to move away from screen even for a second ,there was also time that i became so engrossed in pcs that i started losing touch with my friends,but gladly i was able to put up brakes on the right time

In the 'How Long Do You Spend Online' topic we can see that internet is very addictive (same goes for me <_< ). Seems like a lot of hours are spent on being online, but how long do you actualy work (like doing stuff for your work at your work or at home, of doing school stuff ) on your computer ?
I'll start; monday, thuesday, thursday and friday; always at least 2,5 hours (during sessions at school + lunch break)
During the week, lets say rougly 1 hours per day (some day I work 2 hours, other days I work only a few minutes).
During the weekend it could range between 3-8 hours, depending on how much I have to do.

I work for at least 8 hours a day, 5x a week. but sometimes I need overtime (around 2 hours more in a day) because there's a lot of things to do. Saturdays and Sundays are my restdays.