xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rokuso

What Mmorpg Is Everyone Addicted To Right Now? LEAVING OUT WoW.

As the title states, what mmorpg are you addicted to right now?Most of the MMORPG's i've played were very repetitive. *Run**Slash**Kill**Loot**Repeat.*That got really annoying after awhile. Does anyone know of an MMORPG that would keep you hooked for a LONG time?Not anything like runescape because that game is a shame to society.I want sometimes along the lines of FlyFF. Because that MMORPG kept me hooked for a long time. The flying and everything.Also, another thing I don't want is WoW. That is a boring game period. I find that its just a repetitive like all the other games out there. I don't know why everyone is hooked on it.So, please post what MMORPG's you guys are hooked on right now! (LEAVING OUT WoW.)

Now im not sure how you classify Multi-Player online roll play games but I think it is anything that allows you to have an inventory and level up. Now I don't play games anymore but I can remember a few you might be intested in.
NavyField: Its free, you need to download it. The objective is to join a team and kill all the other battleships on the other team (usually 2 teams battle but you can have up to 8). Every battle you win you get a cash for the people you (or in Great Battles your team) kills. You can upgrade you ship or buy a new one. It is one of you the best roll play games in my opinion (however I don't like roll play games that much as they are quite boaring).
Navy Field
Slavehack: Real basic php scripted game that allows you to act as an online hacker without knowing how to hack. Your job is to hack other members and put viruises on thier account. You get money from the viriuses that can be used to upgrade you computer. You can also hack bank accounts (and people can hack yours). You can also upgrade your software (firewall, antivirus, waterwall ect). Its a little confusing at first but is a fun game in the end.
Slave Hack
These are the best roll play games that are multi-player that I know of. Enjoy but don't get too addicted lol.
Thanks,
Sparkx

Currently playing 52h/week of WoW, I guess that warrants me being quite addicted. It's why I'll have to quit very soon again for coming exams.

Most of the MMORPG's i've played were very repetitive. *Run**Slash**Kill**Loot**Repeat.*
That got really annoying after awhile.

Well it's a basic element of MMORPG's, just like FPS is *run* *shoot* repeat. However WoW made fantastic changes in quests with The Burning Crusade (bomb dropping) and many play WoW for the instances/raids, which isn't comparable to mere farming but co-op for encounters.

(LEAVING OUT WoW.)

How come? AFAIK it's still an MMO, and the most popular one. Wouldn't make sense at all to exclude it from the topic (see title).Seems to me you haven't really tried it out. It's the most extensive and most played for a good reason, I'm guessing you haven't done a single instance or stayed in one area.

Okay how do you define MMOG?

In my mind its any online game.

The first M stands for Massive, so it isn't just 'any' game. It means on a big server, whereas for example FPS games are spread over various smaller servers with games of up to 20 people. I wouldn't call "drugwarz" or any other browser (text) game the same, even though it is on one database, as you do not meet up with the players in an extensive virtual word. There is also a huge difference in Browser experience than a launcher.

An MMO does take time to get in, especially RPG where you level the character. It's an investment in one character rather than the quick FPS game. To each his own.

If you liked FlyFF, you should also try Maplestory. It's pretty similar to it but it's 2D so it adds its own twist in it ;) Tho you can't fly.. >__<-Gengetsu

A MMORPG which has kept me hooked since i first bought it is Final Fantasy XI (that's eleven, in case you didn't know)It has a HUGE world to explore with thousands of quests to complete.An expansion pack was also recently released to give players new weapons, items, character classes, quests etc.So overall it's a solid game that will keep you entertained for years perhaps (or until the nex online Final Fantasy comes out)

Ragnarok Online

What Mmorpg Is Everyone Addicted To Right Now?

I am sooo addicted to Ragnarok Online. XD It gets harder to level when you get to a really high level, but I'm currently in hiatus of it for now. (Got more important things to focus on than games :P) But I reccomend it to anybody, and everybody who wants something new! ^^

Here's something different. Try Gaia Online. It's not a client game, its a website, so you don't have to download anything and it is SO much fun, especially when you have really good friends or friends in your area who also play. If you were looking for something with fighting in it though, Gaia is not it. Gaia is pretty peaceful for the most part (but does contain some curse words!) besides the occasional terrible user who's just... terrible!! Try Gaia for a couple days. That's how long it took me to get hooked! If you do decide to go on Gaia, my username is "I am Z 1 2 NV" (get it?). See ya!

I play uh lets see

•  maple story(private severs, maplegenesis and more)
  • like the sound of la tale
  •  combat arms
  • wolf team
  • runescape sucks
  • grand chase is ok
  • maplestory again  ( more private servers)

Tried WoW it was good but its **** how you have to pay to play

I know others but cant bother to put them in this list :)

Ragnarok Online Private serversWhat Mmorpg Is Everyone Addicted To Right Now?

Ragnarok Online really has me hocked, and for 3 years now. It has a totaly diffrent game style from many mmorpg's. The downfall about Ragnarok Online is you have to pay to play. So I suggest you go and get yourself a privare server because they are 100% free. If you want to check out any private server out for Ragnarok Online just go to http://ratemyserver.net/. They have all the servers that you can download. Because they are private servers they give you a veriety to choose from. If you don't like the level up slow then download a high rate and level up fast or if you this thats stilll to slow then go downlaod a super high rate. Maybe you want a server that is almost like the original, then you can go downaload a low rate.You think thats to low but you really don't like leveling up fast then go download a mid rate.

Go give Ragnarok Online a try ^_^

-reply by Ronald Grobbel