xisto Community
sparkx

Server Or Me? I have an error? It doesnt look like anyone else has it?

OK I don't know if this is the right place for this so could the mods move it the the correct place? Thanks.
Whenever I try to access my website or log onto the control pannel I get the following error message:

Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

It says contact support team (I assume thats you). Is anyone else having this error or is it my computer? I have checked all my connections but I just got a new firewall (Zone Alarm Pro) which may block it. I looked it doesn't appear to be blocking any Xisto sites. I also just recently cleared my cookies, could this mess it up also? Does anyone have a suggestion? Please help, I really like Xisto and I don't want to start getting mad about it because of some stupid error.
Thank you very much,
Sparkx
EDIT:
Again? I just updated my sql database it it appears to not work again? I did a simple task of combining two sql databases into one and now everywere on my site (even the parts that don't use the php my admin) is messed up. I keep getting the error message above as a result? Any other suggestions?
Thanks again
Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

I just access my website and my control panel without any problem, maybe is your firewall but i dont think so or some kind of problem with your connection at the time you try to access your site, can you access other sites???? Some easy way to check if your site is running is by simply ping it, and cookies dont matter with this situation.Best regards,

Control Panel is working on port TCP 2083, so your firewall may block it. (Normal web pages work on port TCP 80).Anyway if you are trying to access from an university or an office, there can be a proxy that blocks it, so you won't be able to access anyway.

OK I don't know if this is the right place for this so could the mods move it the the correct place? Thanks.Whenever I try to access my website or log onto the control pannel I get the following error message:

------

Thank you very much,
Sparkx

mate.. where are you located? asian hubs are totally messed up now if either your ISP or one of your connection pass thru taiwan internet hub.

i also have some of this problem. but i made some work around by using proxies. on my connection. some ftp access goes to the taiwan hub and all port 80 access goes into a different internet route.

the taiwan problem made my ftp connections a hell. though redirecting my ftp connection to use proxies from some trusted sources, i manage to solve it.

in case you are out of the taiwan problem.
boot up your computer.. wait till everything loads up.

then shutdown zone alarm after it completed loading.
in case that you can load and connect to your account then it is the zone alarm that blocks the connection.

Thanks, I think it was my firewall it appears to be back up and working. That or it was a power out that I had a few days ago. I went threw my firewall and allowed all content by Xisto. Maby my firewall is to good for personal use (I do have realitivly safe browing habits lol). Thanks again for the help :)