xisto Community
Aka_Bar

Why People Play Games?

I play games for that thrill and rush of the chase.
Such as when you're playing Counter-Strike. Chasing the guy with your silenced M4A1 and headshotting him.

And yes I agree with Aequitas. People are starting to take games really seriously. Like when that kid who
couldn't join the other faction on WoW and commited suicide after playing for 48 hours straight.
Here is an article for why people are taking so seriously.

People play games because the world that we live in has so many limitations; existing past times donât provide adequate scope for our growing levels of intelligence. This includes Religions that just separate people and create wars, Education just reproduces the same proletarians and students want to break out, Money just replicates misery and this is all we see on the MEDIA such as the TV. Thus the Mega drive generation that is I began a movement, which never stopped.

I hate it when the media blames Video games because itâs because of the MEDIA, which is so boring, predictive and controlling that we choose Video games. We are not escapists; we are a creative generation that chooses alternatives to the TV that is just a control in society. We want to be in control of our world, and if we have to submerse ourselves in Video gaming technology to do that we will. That is probably why in China there are so many cases of Video game addiction; people want to have a sense of control in their lives!

Another key point; children only choose Video games over family because their existing family relationships are meaningless. If children believe that video games are real its because something 'real' is missing at home not because video games are evil. The media always blames Video games; perhaps if the media gave people a real voice we could hear a real viewpoint.

The media and politicians feel threatened by everything that gives people are sense of purpose. I choose my games console over the News any day....
Edited by jesysk (see edit history)

Nowadays, I use it as a means to vent, relax, and put extra burning night energy when I cannot sleep. I am married and have two kids... So I don't play and have time to play like I used to... So now I get right to the point in what I am playing. I love that I am a gamer, and always will be.It was fun at first to keep yourself entertained, and now it is a lifestyle choice. I think you like games, or you don't.Off the electronic series, I love to play board games and card games, too. So anything to keep me interacting.

why do people play gamesWhy People Play Games?

first of all I want to say that game is a vital thing in our daily life. Game is a part of life. According to me the fullform of GAME- Great Activities for Man in Exercise.Game denote "Health is Wealth". It is really good for health & good for enjoy. After playing game we feel extra energy in our body like play football,cricket,vollyball etc. This is called outdoor games. Indoor games like ludo,chess etc. Hence we get some sharp brain .

-reply by diptiman oraon

Wow, great set of thoughts on why people play games. Here is a quick summary of the blogged thoughts:

We play games ...

• to find mental stimulation
  • to pass time / to waste time
  • to be competitive (even amongst friends)
  • to busy / occupy the mind
  • to have fun; for the entertainment of it 
  • to enjoy creativity
  • to be able to escape the drudgery of life (escapism)
  • to be able to do things that are impossible or difficult in real life
  • to relieve stress
  • for the thrill, rush
  • to vent real-life stress, rage, tension
  • to be able to control an environment (even if it is fantasy or microworld)
  • to be able to make meaning of things (at least in a fantasy world) ... When the real world is too overwhelming and beyond understanding
  • to bury extra (surplus) energy 
  • out of habit
  • to be able to interact with others

Sai Gollapudi

I would say that I am a combination of the first two choices. The "Time-Waster" and the "Busy Mind". I'm not that much into competitive gaming. I feel like my time could be spent more constructively. This of course is contradictory to the whole notion of playing games. Just overdoing the "playing" part is not for me.

I play games to pass time but I ALWAYS tend to believe that I should be doing something more productive and that I am wasting my time. I can never play a game without becoming addicted to them so I quit playing games altogether. Occasionally here and there, you will find me coming back to some games, but I will probably quit them a week or two later.The fact that games (especially MMO's where you start with nothing and grow) allow your character to grow gets me hooked. I agree with Herbert about why video games are more exciting and fun than real life. I am starting to become thankful that games are starting to bore me and I cannot play them for long periods of times that I used to play video games for. For the time I spend on video games, I will spend researching different things, practicing some hobbies, etc. I find all of these activities more productive than video games.

Now, I usually play games to relax or to spent some free time without thinking about the things you need to do, to spent my time with fun, so I usually don't play hard games which require a lot of nerves :)Usually like some strategy games where you need to build something. :D

I play games because when I have nothing else to do I got to keep myself occupied ;)Anyway, I also play games because there addictive and fun and they are just entertaining ;)I play strategy games which I like figuring out tactics and strategies to beat my friends and opponents and I also like playing action, fps games which are fun cause you really want to shoot your opponents in the head which is fun and when games give you a target and you got to complete that target it glues you to the game until you complete the target cause you want to acheive something after playing so long on a game until you get bored :lol:Other games like single player games, people play them when they get bored and have nothing else to do.For the 24/7 hour games like WoW, people play them because they don't have a life, which is true because every day of their lives there playing WoW. People play games for their lives because they simply think their lives have nothing to work for and they are not confident enough to go get a job and start a real life :lol: