xisto Community
demolaynyc

Saddam Is Finally Executed

Saddam perhaps deserved the death sentence, but come on, so does Bush. So does anyone else who kills innocent people. The irony is that America condoned and supported Saddam as long as it was in their best interests and he was a loyal underdog. Then as soon as he started becoming too difficult to keep under their control, they conveniently turned him into a scapegoat. If the US was less powerful, some other country could do the exactly the same thing they did - muscle into the country, murder a bunch of civilians along the way, capture the president, and execute him for genocide, or WMD, or nuclear ambitions, or whatever the current fad is. Saddam was not an angel, but he kept relative law and order in the country. When the US first was mobilizing to invade Iraq, the first thing i thought was that it would end in another Kosovo. I had just come back from humanitarian aid work there, and you saw the exact same thing: a country with varied religions and cultures, where the underlying hatred is so strong, a dictator is the only thing that will keep them together. And under Tito they lived in relative peace. Yes they had their secret police and imprisonment without trial, disappearances, etc, but is the self-righteous USA any better? What about Guantanamo? What about all the other detention camps that aren't as publicized? It's exactly the same thing. So anyways now that the US has removed Saddam, the only one who could hold the country together, all of a sudden up flare these tribal rivalries, clashes between Shias and Sunnis and Kurds and whatnot, and it's a big surprise to them? Read your newspapers. Even TIME, which is strongly slanted towards US and Israeli foreign policy, in their interviews with Iraqis today, every one of them wished that Saddam was back in power. Iraq was an Arab role model. It was technologically advanced, it had proper power, water, sewage, roads and an economy that despite years of almost complete economic sanctions was still plugging along. Saddam enforced peace between the split Muslim factions, and protected the christians. Yes, there was a large christian population in Iraq, and they coexisted peacefully. Saddam's right-hand man Tariq Aziz was a christian. There you had a middle-eastern country more open-minded than any other, and what do we do? Bomb it back to the stone age and create absolute chaos.

I definitely agree with you. Saddam more than deserved the execution due to the fact that he commited genocide which included killing approximately 180 Muslims of the Shiite sect. Not only that, but he was a very bad man. I heard from a source that once his son in law turned against him, Saddam threatened to kill him, so he fled to Jordan. Later, Saddam offerered his son in law to come back to Iraq, promising no harm. When he came, Saddam killed him. That example there shows what kind of person Saddam was, thus clarifying the point that he deserved what he got stronger. To get back to what Graffiti said, yes, i agree. The United States is certainly more powerful than it needs to be and quite frankly, George Bush is abusing this power to make his crimes seem normal.

No doubt Saddam deserved it. I am glad it happened. But what I feel this should have been all done by Iraqi's themselves. I mean, it was the US that actually brought down the Saddam regime and then captured him. All this should have actually been done by the Iraqi's themselves. That would have given them a feeling of satisfaction that they are the author's of their country's fate and not the US. Anyway, things happened for good. US too would benefit from this...

I don't think that killing of saddam was good or bad because the one who executed him was bad as well,saddam obviously needed to be hanged for killiong a lot of people during his rule but didn't bush kill those 3000 soldiers by making them fight in iraq only to get those oil wells @Melanova : it wasn't the Free Iraqi court that tried him but it was a court on which bush had his gun's on to prosecute saddam,its damn clear ,do you expect that they did a fair play while trialing saddam.it was all clear from the start that the U.S. was more interested in oil rather than Saddam's evil

Edited by richie (see edit history)

I heard about this the other day from the misses.And then even more recently, I quickly caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a news update that mentions something about a group of people or something that weren't happy with how it was dealt out.

YAY!!!!! HE'S DEAD. CELEBRATION!!!!!lolAnywayz, i looked at the video on youtube and found it quite boring.I thought there would be atleast a scream from him (hehehe)He was just standing there and then he died.It was kind of boring.THEY SHOULD HAVE TORTURED HIM!!!!I was looking for abit more entertainment.You see blood at he falls to the ground though.It's so funny, i was watching the news and they were like, Sadam Died and someone recorded it on their mobile phone (thank g-d for technology) Now we got to see him die.But the video isn't quite good, the camera man was rubbish at reccording but oh well. As long as you get to see him die.Here is the link to the movie on youtube <redacted>I was have loved to see it live.DIE SADAM!!!!!-Lewis

Edited by Jeigh (see edit history)

i am so glad he is gone, what a terrible person. well now we have to make sure Osama Bin Laden is dead they dont know for sure. :) my new computer-----Windows XP Media Center2GB RAM2.2 GHz dual core AMD 64 Live!250GB SATAHPits a good computer for itsprice i bought it on http://www.bestbuy.ca/ on Christmas Day.

Flawless, I CANT understand you people as like you, why do you think that it is good that he has gone?? please tell me!!! how do you know who he was? did he do bad thinks to youself or did you see that he did it? i dont understand people who think that Saddam is Evil, Most of people making opinion by watchin Television!!! i dont believe TV and NewsLatters, they are not from REALTY!!they want only earn up some money!! and soo....i have VIDEO how Saddam Executed, and if Moderators and Administrator wll be agree with me and give me permission to Put it here i wll do that, and u wll see how he killed, and i you will listen arabian speech but i cannot understand i think that its not good words!!! i dont know its legal or not but i had downloaded it from Ineternet Site, give me acception and i will paste here link!!

Edited by Aka_Bar (see edit history)

Well if he wasn't such a bad guy (or didn't realise), how come he didn't make a big effort to defend himself, with evidence of his ever so kindness and lawfull ways.Did he show any examples..... did he tell them about the *GOOD* that he did..... did he even do any good? rofl.

Well if he wasn't such a bad guy (or didn't realise), how come he didn't make a big effort to defend himself, with evidence of his ever so kindness and lawfull ways.
Did he show any examples..... did he tell them about the *GOOD* that he did..... did he even do any good? rofl.

Huh, do you know how many people or dictaturs live in our WORLD?? so then by your words we must HAND UP them? anyways After Saddam's crushed, Iraq became in BIG DIRTY HOLE,life was better then NOW dont forgot it!! and where is USAs promises?? However US army did it!! now they are trying to find Saddms' capitals so what next? they wll hang up his doughters??? then tell me why??
and NOTICE ONE THING!!! HUMAN CANT KILL HUMAN!!! GOD gave us Life and GOD Only can bring it back!!!

Of course it was all a hypocritical show, a kangaroo court held by the US and their stooges. They refused to allow testimony in Saddam's trial that would implicate them. So while I hate the US government and its stupidity, arrogance, hypocrisy and more, Saddam did deserve the death penalty, which, who knows, could have been commuted to life imprisonment. That's not saying that other leaders don't deserve it too, but since might is right and the victors (though in Iraq who the victor is isn't clear) are the ones who rewrite history to cast themselves as the heroes, we'll have to wait till some country invades the US. In that scenario, we would see Bush standing trial for war crimes, genocide, crimes against humanity, to name a few.

And Saddam did do good for his country too. it's not that he was all bad. Iraq had one of the highest living standards for the average person in the arab world, not counting oil-rich sheikdoms. He was modern, progressive, and protected freedom of religion.

All that said, where do you find that human can't kill human? Of course they can. You can't just go up to your neighbor and kill him, but with due process of law, it's perfectly legal. When God gave the 10 commandments to Moses, he also gave a bunch of other rules, and those included the death penalty. ---mostly by stoning, so we can be glad we've discovered more humane methods.

HUMAN CANT KILL HUMAN!!! GOD gave us Life and GOD Only can bring it back!!!Doesn't that contradict itself, or just not make any sense.A human CANT kill a human (well your not too bright then are you mate), God gave us life and can BRING IT BACK.Well, iv'e seen doctors pretty much do that, but random and miracle occurences..... sorry can't say I have, oh well.Anyway, it wasn't reall the us that prosecuted him in the end anyway was it? It was his own people.... they obviously wanted him gone lmao.

Obviously English isn't his first language. I think he meant morally, not literally.Of course it was the US. The Iraqi government is now just a puppet for US interests. That doesn't take much to figure out. And a lot of Iraqis wanted him dead, but that doesn't mean much. Sure they all (Shias) unite on killing him. Once he's dead, they'll want all the Sunnis dead. and if they managed to do that, they would start fighting among themselves. That, I think, was the main benefit of Saddam's rule. He had his secret police, torture, and whatnot (and we somehow gloss over the fact that the US does exactly the same thing), but he kept them from infighting and creating a civil war. A dictator is what is needed in a situation like that. Look at Lebanon. Look at Serbia. We never learn from history.

I dunno, everyones hated the guy for a long time, if what he was up to was really having a good effect, surely enough people would have figured it out and spoke up for him (unless his bad outweighed his good, in which case he got just his lol).

Grafitti thank you very much for your understandingChesso, sorry for my english, yes its not my first language my first language is Russian and i also know about 7 languages!!!Just i hate US politicants and more i dont like they politics and Saddam i think was victim of US politics :)Chesso you are writing like everyones hated him for long time, so then did you find reason to do so ?? i mean do you have your absolutley personal Opinion about him? i dont understand people who think: if everyone hate him then i will hate him too, hey tell me where is the reason?? i think opinions like that should configure with strong FACTs, and then you can hate him as person, not designed person by US govrnment!!!

Yes, I would agree that his bad outweighed his good. I'm just trying to show it from the other angle, that if Bush or almost any other world leader was to be held morally accountable, they would find themselves in the same position as Saddam. Like, hello, what's happening with North Korea? America doesn't give a damn about that country, because they actually have nuclear weapons, and they don't have oil. But there you can talk about a country that has millions of people on the brink of starvation, really a backward country, and no one cares about them. Like the US Foreign Department head said back at the beginning of the first Gulf war, "If all Kuwait exported were oranges, we wouldn't care less about who invaded."