xisto Community
Grafitti

Anyone Tried Photoshop CS3?

I was too hasty in saying i got it to work... Still will not install even with registry permissions. It reverts the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svg\OpenWithList\Illustrator.exe back to no system permissions every time. i get this error:

Error 1402.Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.svgz\OpenWithList\Illustrator.exe. System error 5. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Anyone have any other suggestions of how to fix it?

Whooohoohh I cant wait to use that CS3 thought I dont have any liscence for it eheheh. I am having a hard time using GIMP 2 so I tried to use CS2 for now hehehe. Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 2 is amazing so I cant wait what is bundled in the new Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 3. I have notice based on my experience that everytime Adobe releases a new Photoshop it just gets better and better. though microsoft is trying to get in to that industry again by making the software calle expression studio which i am not really aware of it but they say that it will compete with Adobe Marcromedia's Internet utility programs.

So far I have just tried the Photoshop beta. So the Illustrator beta won't even install?I'll have to give it a try later after when I have some time and a full pot of coffee :ph34r:

No i haven't tried the beta. this is the final CS3 Design Premium Suite I'm talking about. Adobe isn't much help either. Seems tons of people are having the same issue as me.

I tested it on my new Intel based mac, and it's a lot faster in the native Intel format compared to CS1 running through Rossetta. Still, I don't have any need to spend the money to upgrade. More tools I'll never use so long as Kodak and Flaming Pear support CS1, I'm not going to spend the money this go around either. If I decide to go back and upgrade to the latest version of After Effects, then it might be a different story. Or If I continue to do some print work for some people, but they use Quark so....

Im looking forward to getting my hands on CS3, but I will probably continue using CS2 until I hear about more improvement and tricks that will convince me totally, about converting to the new software. RIght now, I dont think there isnt anything that I cant do in CS2. CS2 already provide me with enough features that create ease in my graphic design projects and such. But like with all adobe softwares, there is always a slight adjustment or improvement that makes you want the newest program just so you can say that you have used it and experienced it, and eventually criticize it that its not much different from the previous version that was released, haha. But thats just me, everything that they are improving are mainly just an interface that makes it alot more easy for the designer themselves.

Generally that is the case, and people who go out and spend the money on it will rave about how it's so improved, whereas those who only tested the trial version and decide to keep the old one will say how the details are so minor. This is a different case though, where having bought it, I'm already fed up with it. Adobe used to have such great hassle-free installers, and they messed it up bigtime in this release.

hmmm... yah i also want to know what are the new features of ADOBE CS3 before purchasing it coz adobe photoshop c2 is almost complete.. i mean i can do designs that i need... also cs2 takes up lots of memory... i wonder if cs3 also does or more...

The CS3 package seems to be a revolutionary package, mainly not due to new functions and resources, because most of users do not use CS2 functions, but it is the first version where Adobe incorporate Macromedia Flash/Dreamweaver/etc web package, and the most important: THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE PROGRAMS awesome!! Just copy/paste!! Take a look at Adobe site and became extasied...Rgdstuba3d

hmmm... yah i also want to know what are the new features of ADOBE CS3 before purchasing it coz adobe photoshop c2 is almost complete.. i mean i can do designs that i need... also cs2 takes up lots of memory... i wonder if cs3 also does or more...

Check my initial post, where quoted from Adobe's website is the list of changes