xisto Community
iGuest

Computer FTP Programs Both Free Pay types

On each host do you have this problem ? is it on Xisto ?You know, some hosts refuse mp3's, they let the ftp client upload it and then delete it with an error message like "incorrect file type mp3".

No I donât have Xisto yet, I think it is because I can only upload 2megs when the mp3 is 4 Megs.
How much can I upload on Xisto? Can I upload more on the 30 credit one than the 10 credit one?
And do Xisto allow mp3 and flash files?
Edited by flashdiamond (see edit history)

No I donât have Xisto yet, I think it is because I can only upload 2megs when the mp3 is 4 Megs.How much can I upload on Xisto? Can I upload more on the 30 credit one than the 10 credit one?
And do Xisto allow mp3 and flash files?

I think the main problem at Xisto is the legal thing.
You are not allowed to do illegal things at Xisto.
So, you are not allowed to host mp3's if you do not own the copyright of the conerned music. For instance, if you want to host a mp3 from a commercial CD, you must first ask the music company who made the CD in order to ask them if they allow you to put their music on your site.
The only music you are allowed to put on your site is the original songs where you sing your own songs, written by yourself, with your own music you composed by yourself.
Else, no mp3 at Xisto. Have a look at the forum, there are several posts concerning the legal things arount mp3 hosting.

When I use cuteFTP all my flash and mp3 get deleted form my website! But my html files stay. lucky i made back up, I have tried other FTP programs and they do the same. And I can't up load mp3 or flash. When I do it says "upload complete" but when I look it is not there. Also my web space stays the same so I no it is not hidden or something, is it meant to do that?

If you have the copyrights for the MP3 files you want to upload first i think that you need to contact the admin/support team to request the proper permissions to do that, in the other case you cant upload any mp3 files because all the legal stuff involved, and i dont know if the same rules with the flash files, because i know that its very easy to import a mp3 file into a flash file and then export it as a swf file.

BTW, all of this are related with Xisto dont know if it is the same for others servers.

PS: i just upload a swf file to my account without any problem.

Best regards,