xisto Community
leafbunk

Just A Digital Drawing I Recently Made... : )

Hello. My name is Ashley and I'm totally new to this site. I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled across this art forum. And....even though I feel very, very weird about posting my art up here - (makes me feel slightly narcissistic, which I'm not...) - I thought I'd go for it. I don't generally get a lot of feedback on DeviantArt and view this as an opportunity to get some constructive criticism.

So, the attached picture is my most recent digital drawing and it's called "I guess I'll catch you later..."
The original size is 1280x800 pixels (I made it so I could use it as a desktop), but I sized it down for you guys a little bit. I used Photoshop to draw it and feel free to let me know what you think - Critiques are more than welcome. Also....I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to DeviantArt or not, but if you'd like to check out my other stuff, go for it. ( http://leafbunk.deviantart.com/ ) If the link is against the rules, someone please let me know and I'll remove it....

Hi and Welcome to the baords,

Its no problem that you post a link to Deviant Art on here...theres a few Xisto members with galleries up and running over there and we welcome more people getting involved.

I like the pic It put a smile on my face :P

A few thing to do before you can apply for hosting here..

I suggest you read the board RULES

A full explaination of how the credits system can found HERE

We have a great FAQ system here for you to read HERE

When you have enough credits then go HERE and fill out your account request form and the moderating and admin team will proccess your account request.

Follow the rules, earn the credits for the package that you want and you will be hosted in no time at all.

Welcome aboard Xisto!

Marky;)

Pretty cool drawing. Maybe they should go over to the Xisto where all the good Graphics people are??? ( tee hee hee )

When I noticed that it was way too late... =\

But anyway I guess I like the other sections of Xisto better than the Xisto ones.
Less people but usually more quality.

Just wished some artists came here once in a while =p

And leafbunk, as you might have notice I'm watching you @ DeviantArt.

Just wished some artists came here once in a while =p

Yes, KDEWolf, I too think that we have a bit lesser number of artists here at Xisto. I see that Xisto sets itself apart from Xisto in terms of in depth discussions that we involve ourselves in topics that we start - I do not see why artists would not be able to do that. I mean, they are the most expressive lot, are they not? (May be forum is not their medium of choice, :P)

Anyway, before I shoot of on a tangent, welcome to Xisto leafbunk. I see that you are already hosted here and that would mean we would be seeing a lot of your works around here at our forums. :P

About the picture - nice!

What software did you use?

There are few thing that puts me off though - the horizontal stripes and the fat edge of the snow - was there any specific thing you were trying when you tried that out?

Yet, it is a great concept and the emotions have been rightly expressed on the beings face. :P

To KDEWolf:I haven't checked Deviant Art in a while, so I didn't notice that you are watching me now. Thanks though for watching my work!To Vyoma:I like drawing pictures with horizontal stripes, and nope, I wasn't really trying anything with the snow/ice. I don't usually have anything in mind when I start to draw a picture, so I have absolutely no idea what it's going to turn out like at the end. There is usually no "deeper meaning" behind any of my pictures. In fact, not many of them have a meaning at all. They're all basically just random pictures. And you asked what program I used to draw this - Photoshop. : ) Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate them.

Wow that looks nice, but why the title "digital drawing" does that have some technical meaning as far as drawing is concerned? (e.g. different from the norm).I really like the look of that character though :P, but I could never draw anything like that, don't have the petience.

Digital drawing.....I guess I just said that to clarify that it was drawn on the computer, and not a "traditional drawing" with pens or pencils or watercolour, etc. The real title of the picture though is "I guess I'll catch you later". And thanks, I'm glad you like the character. : )

To chesso and joe.k:I used a program called photoshop to draw the picture. You've probably heard of it before, as it's very popular. Other than that, I guess I just played around a bit until I made something I was fairly happy with looking at. : ) I'm so glad my work inspired you. That is such a fantastic thing to hear! :P

Wow, so pretty much just using photoshop? I have PS CS2 but iv'e never made anything like that before LOL, I mostly follow interesting tutorials, but I do so much other stuff like programming, gaming, web development, skating etc that I keep forgetting where everything is and all the settings I use :P