xisto Community
cumar11

Do You Go To University/college

I don't attend an actual university, but a technical community college in my locality. On one hand, it's much cheaper than going to a university, I have a closer interaction with the faculty, and I don't have to walk far to class. Also, I can drive there and back every day. On the down side, I have less of a choice of peers for friends, and I don't get to stay as far away from my parents :/. Oh well, you must give and take as things go, you know? I didn't attend in the spring semester of 2008, and I dropped 3 of my classes, all but Psychology, in the fall semester of 2007, due to some personal issues (read: lack of maturity, depression). I hope to be going back though, full time, this fall. I checked out the school website and the government's FAFSA homepage to make sure I was within the deadlines -- I was worrying a lot about those, heh. As it turns out, the federal deadline for the FAFSA in 08-09 school year is June 30, 2009. And my school's registration is in August, so I shouldn't have worried :D. My major is Computer Engineering. I don't necessarily enjoy working with the circuits and actual hardware components as much as I enjoy programming them, though. I'm interested in Operating Systems programming, so maybe I'll find something to do in that area. Go GNU/Linux!!! (And C.)

I went to the University of Oklahoma on a Navy ROTC scholarship, majoring in EE. After three semesters I lost my scholarship and decided to leave the college (it would have been waaay too expensive).

I went into college as being a Psychology major, changed my major several times throughout my college years, and then just made the decision that I loved psychology. That's what I graduated with from Loyola University Chicago. No regrets. Loved my college years. I think college is an amazing experience. It is expensive, but there are cheap ways around it -- start out at a community college, make the best grades you can, and then transfer to a university and get some grants & scholarships. I got to meet some amazing people, spent some time with beautiful girls (LUC = 70% female). As much as I had a love-hate relationship with college, I think those stressors really build the relationship and make you love the college.Now I'm out of college and I do miss it. I probably wouldn't go back and do it all over again -- as I see some people actually do -- going back for a second Bachelor's degree -- wtf? Why not just go for a Masters?There is a lot of hype and college is definitely a business and a money maker, and will surely put you in debt, but consider it an investment in yourself, as education is the key to the future.

I finished Bachelor studies at university, I finished Engineering Informatics with a specialization of Information Technologies :)Currently am studying at the same university in my country, I hope I am going to get a Master's degree next year, I ma studying to become a master of Information Systems Software Engineering :) It's really quite interesting and quite hard, by finishing that kind of studies I will become an IS analytic, but of course it requires a lot of practice and maybe in 10 years I will become one :D

Yes, I go to Systems Technology Institute, It's my second year and I amcurrently taking Bachelor of Science in Computer Science because I reallylove computers but I am not really good at programming, it makes my head spin goround >.<Logic!...