xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theking648

How To Make Realistic Fire! real fire in photoshop

You can also try other shapes, to smudge/blur. You can get different flame like effects. Then duplicate the layer and apply some motion blurs with gradient masks, transparent Gaussian blurs. When you think you have something hot do some large Gaussian Blurs for glow with different colors. Also if you like a particular flame or don't like repeatable work you can also mirror a copy and apply some transforms to it. Yup kool! Don't for get to add little flecks of amber rising from the flame. I might have to try this one on GIMP.What I would like to simulate about fires. Is the random distortions from heat waves without looking too artificial.;)

That does sound pretty good. I would think you could attempt it at many different levels too... Maybe instead of the black and white you could gradient a flame and blaze combination of red to yellow and then smudge it... but the concept is still there... I would think once you start to work on it then you may want to make it it's own layer... You could start customizing any background or anything once you take it from the black backing...I like the tutorial, though... It looks good and it is a good start to make any kind you would like...As for the posting a few above... Some people will experiment with anything in their mind... Think of how something is made up and try to create to the best of your ability... I just try to create what I think of the best that I can... Trial and error... and soon anyone can start adding their own creations to tutorial for others to enjoy! And now adays, anything is possible!

Nice tutorial, my brother wants to learn photoshop so this will be alot helpful for him. I am just wondering can you export GIF images with photoshop? because my brother wants to make a candle, he wants the small flame on its top to look realistic and moving. If you can export GIF images, how much frames do you suggest for the flame animation to look realistic?

This is a pretty cool tutorial. I will be needing these things more and more as I go along. Starting after this semester I plan to start getting into graphics design.

THANK YOUHow To Make Realistic Fire!

I am a beginner in photstock and have conquered the basics, layers, color that kind of thing, but the creative part is HARD to say the least. Yours is the first tutorial I have been able to follow and create what you did. Loved it and not that hard after I did it a few times. I even made flaming TEXT. 

-reply by Sandra

I do video ripping and editing. I want to create an ID for my work (like production / film makers just right before the movie starts the animated ID appears, e.g, paramount, lionsGate, etc.) - an animation ID. I'm looking what tools to use for animating very nice FONTS and effects. Is there 3d fonts i can get from? and graphical effects i can apply too?

Can you?How To Make Realistic Fire!

Ok I got a problem with the fire that no one can figure out and I'm just curious to see if you might know. I want to make the fire without having to be on the same layer as the black background. This will give me the ability to do whatever I want with the fire. The thing is I cant colorize the fire right without the black since white is already all colors and black is not. The black from what ive seen is where the color comes in. I can cut it out but the fire does not look right anymore if I do that. Do you know of a way that this can be done?

-question by Andrew

Use a mask to remove the black background!How To Make Realistic Fire!

Have you tried doing a reverse mask? 

Create a mask for your flames-on-black layer, select all and copy the flame layer, then switch over to the mask (hold down alt and click on the mask thumbnail) paste to the mask and then switch back. Sometimes you have to invert the mask to get it to hide the right areas, and you may need to play with the levels or contrast in the mask a bit, but it should work to mask out the black background and make the flames a bit translucent too.

Not a member, so you can get back to me at deviantArt; just do a search for avmorgan...

-reply by avmorgan

very nice, simple and easy, and I found you can apply the fire to pretty much anything, I lit my house on fire with it

-reply by lezzy_lucy

Adding Fire Effect to the Text - Photoshop TutorialHow To Make Realistic Fire!

Here is a guide that helps you to add fire effects to the texts. This is a very helpful guide that has tutorials to make these effects. Go to the following link to view the tutorial:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by joeyjuviyani