xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theking648

How To Make Realistic Fire! real fire in photoshop

Hello and welcome to my tutorial, I’m going to teach you how to make realistic fire!!!!

this is how I figured it out, I was makeing smoke in photoshop one day, but i wanted color to be added to it, so I added some color balance to it and ""click"" it hit me.... it looked alot like fire.

--I would rate this tutorial easy and on a scale from 1 to 10 of difficulty, I would say a 3

--this is how I did it.

1. first I started with a blank page.. duh

it doesn't mater what the size is but I used 400 X 400 pixels

2. Ok, we got our blank document now were going to select the fill tool and fill the layer black.

3. Now grab the elliptical marquee tool and make and oval like the image below.

Posted Image

4. Now fill the oval with white. After it is filled click select --> deselect or ctrl + D

Posted Image

5. Here is where it gets rockey if you haven't got the above steps down well your in trouble, anyways select the smuge tool then make shore that the brush size is at 50px and hardness is at 50%. Click and hold your cursor in the black part of the image and with a medium speed sweep across the white oval. Repeat as many times as needed but leave a gap big enought for your brush. you should end up with a image like this

Posted Image

6. Ok I hope your still with me. Now with the smuge tool go over the gaps that we skiped in the same direction, and hopefuly you get a result alot like this

Posted Image

7. step 7 is not any differant than step 5 and step 6. Take the smuge tool and repeat the same thing you did in step 5 and hopefuly you get this

Posted Image

8. from what you have now you can contune the pathern if it don't look right or you can go ahead and color it.

9. now click Layer--> color balance and a window should open up..... now put the below settings in

I WANT YOU TO PLAY AROUND WITH THIS because the settings I have wont be the same setting that you need

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

after you played around with the setting you should have this

Posted Image

you can also make it any color you want if your looking for a differant look;

this is what I made from the above image... All I did was cange the brush size a little bit to make the fire thinner.

Posted Image

and thats it I hope you liked this tutorial if you have any questions you can pm me or e-mail me from the link at my web site

:P Happy painten :P

Very nice! I was having trouble at first because I made the oval in a new layer. It needs to be on the same layer as the black background for the color adjustments to work. I ended up recording the action so I can flameify (new word) anything. I played around with it some more and came up with a blue flame effect. I added some smoke and text and voila, nice little text-effect. Here it is:

Posted Image

Edited by 04dsmith86 (see edit history)

thats a very nice effect that you've made made. well done. it took a bit of work but i did manage to make my own, though i cant post them now cause im not on my computer! thanks for the tutorial though-jimmy

thats a very nice effect that you've made made. well done. it took a bit of work but i did manage to make my own, though i cant post them now cause im not on my computer! thanks for the tutorial though
-jimmy

whoa. that's a nice tut you have there ^^.
I made it look more realistic by adding a bit of noise, brushing here and there...
:ph34r:

AWesome!!!!!!

How To Make Realistic Fire!

Thats so awesome! I can't believe it ! I can

Finally make a fire on photoshop!

-Hala

Posted Image

This is what I've made. Add some grey in the middle of the smudged white blob to have this nice little darker effect in the middle. Just place a black dot and smudge evenly all through. This is the tip frm me.

And hey I had tried more than 2 hrs to make fire effect LOL!! This one is really cool.

-reply by Sathish

Problems with color balance.

I'm dong this in PS2 if that matters. I'm having problems with my color balance. With adjusting levels it shows no colors at all and with levels it looks really bad. Any help?

-question by Mark

Great!!

Well done, finally I got what I was looking for past 1 month, thanks once more.

-reply by Ahsan

Wow, I'm gonna sound like a douchebag by giving the first negative comment...It's not very realistic, if you have photoshop7 or higher:1. Create a small white sphere with the Marquee tool on a black background2. Use the wind filter (filter>stylize>wind) 3 or 4 times3. Use the gaussian blur tool (filter>blur>Gaussian)4. Rotate 90 degrees with the Free Transform tool (ctrl+t)until flames are facing upward.5. Use the warp tool in the liquify menu (ctrl+shift+X mess with it a bit)6. After you've got it to the way you want, click okay.7. Finally, create a new layer and set it to overlay, color the flame however you wish!Ta-the, this is also kinda based on your photoshop talents, but I have faith in you all :D-reply by Static Hell Scream

NiceTutorial

That was a sick tutorial, I worked it out pretty quickly. You might want to use spell check next time though. = )

Thizzard

-reply by ThizzardOfOz

Applying Smudge & Flame Colouring

Hi

Thanks for the guide, its awesome

Also, when applying the smudge how do I get it to just smudge the white outline Ive drawn and no the pic & how do I get it to colour the flames only and not the rest of the pic - SEE BELOW

Posted Image

Thanks

Marc

-reply by Marc Randles

Words and fire

Replying to 04dsmith86

How did you get the fire behind your text like that. Did you just create the fire in one layer and add your text in another layer and lay them on top of eachother?

-reply by dave