xisto Community
NoMore1405241533

Qustions SSH / Safe Mod

Hi

first, SSH

in main site ( http://forums.xisto.com/ ) under the "Free Web Hosting" title, where you got all the info

i saw there "TCL, SSH"

well i dont even know what TCL is but i know what SSH is and i really like to have that :)

second, Safe Mod

can you pls make the Safe Mod on my account to OFF?

- all the written above can really help me out, as i say on my request, i am working mostly on Admin-Server connection and an open SSH and Safe Mod off will be the best ever!!

tnx

NoMore

I think you can always request a ssh in the right forum of request. And about safe_mode, in my opinion safe mode is turned off. At least on my account, I just looked into php_info() and it says that it is off and it always was like that. :)

I believe that all Xisto users depend on the same PHP values and that they can't be changed just for one user. However, this can be overcome by using the .htaccess file. If you want to switch safe mode off, you just need to add this line

php_flag safe_mode off

I have used it for register_globals and it's working.

Oh, and by the way, safe_mode is off, as far as I can see from my backend.

tnxill try the php flag
i think its off becose i try my 10 ping script witch work on outher server but here it dosent, ill try that agine
where should i ask for ssh account?

NoMore

Heyy man look around!!! u have Very PowerFul Cpanel!!! it Means that U ARE THE ADMINISTRATOR of your Site, so u can control ur SHH,EMAILS,SITE etc what u want and how much u want and for what u want!!! so look beter!! may be u dont know try to connect 23 port for ur SSh!!! LOGIN and PAssword must be same as for ur site!!

lol man what do you think i am?there is no option to open SSH accout in Cpanel!if there is so Cpanel will be the worst panel in securty to the server and no one who really know what he is doing will use thatandPort 23 is empty, there is an SSH servies on Port 22 ( Shell servies ) but it tells me that i dont have an SSH accoutso pls, do not reply if you dont know what you are talking abouttnxNoMore - and back to the post, who should i PM or where should i write to get SSH access

lol dedi-level?SSH ( or Shell ) dont have to be a ROOT or Main Admin (dedi) accessthis is only one more way to control your accounti need SSH becose my new projects is with SHH, actually, the real bashnot the bash you use, you use bash as "cd", "ps" and "pwd"what i use in bash is the real packet, the reall bashyou use the encoded system, i am creating a new encode, a new type of Shelli dont thik thay should give SSH access to anyone witout a reason, only if you have a resonif the admins dont like my reason, thats Oki can still word without SSH, on now scripts, and put that script on holdNoMore

I believe that all Xisto users depend on the same PHP values and that they can't be changed just for one user. However, this can be overcome by using the .htaccess file. If you want to switch safe mode off, you just need to add this line

php_flag safe_mode off

I have used it for register_globals and it's working.

Oh, and by the way, safe_mode is off, as far as I can see from my backend.

yes, with register_globals it works, but safe_mode on/off is only changeable in PHP_INI_SYSTEM and you can't control it through .htaccess files using php_flag or php_value and this is the reason it is SAFE :)

yeai tryed it and didnt workand Safe Mod CAN be chaged for one user onlyatleast in Direct Adminand i sure it can be changed in Cpanel as wellanyway, admins will not visit this post?if there is no admin reply untill tomorrow evening (this time) ill PM the adminsNoMore

I just don't understand one thing NoMore, you want to turn off safe_mode, right? It isn't ON on your account, because it is globally turned off for all the accounts and the setting can only be changed in php.ini on php as apache module..You want to say that <?php php_info();?> returns that safe_mod is ON on your account? I don't think so.

So go to the right category and request ssh, that is: FREE WEB HOSTING REQUESTS -> Free Web Hosting : MISC RequestsCreate a topic SSH Request for my account and if you'll be granted it, you'll have SSH.

oki didnt know that that was the place to ask for it
admin may lock this topic

NoMore

Yes, askin it in the dedicated place works fine.
Simply, don't forget to be kind and humbly ask for ssh access, explaining why you need it.
Then, remember that ssh will not work from everywhere. It works from my home, but at my office the firewall blocks the 22 port requests.