xisto Community
talktime

Suggest Free FTP Client suggest free ftp client

God you guys are really trying to convert me lol. Well i aint budging. Ill be like an old stubborn head and say no thanks. There is a reason i stopeed using it. I just hate using extra software on my system. I really don't know why! Also, it is freaken quick and convenient! Well i checkd out the list and it hasn't changed that much, i can't be stubborn because i am a computer person. lol

Edited by Levis (see edit history)

You are a person, I am a computer.But nobody can be a computer person ! :)

Nice niec, i didn't notice that when i wrote it. I am a half person half computer. I am Robo Cop and i shall now arrest you; lol.

Nice

I've used SmartFTP and FireFTP. I really like both of them. SmartFTP is a really good FTP client, but the fact that FireFTP is an extension of Firefox (which I use exclusively), this makes it much easier to upload files, and then look at my webpage, just by changing a tab, to see the changes I have added. Much of my webpage is PHP, so it is really easy to see the changes because everything is dynamic. I would strongly recommend FireFTP, unless you don't use Firefox, in which case I would use SmartFTP or just use Microsoft's embedded FTP client in IE (if that's what you use).

Could you please post a link to this portable version ? I'm very interested, cause I'm often working on systems where I should install nothing. I did not see this portable version mentionned on the sourceforge page.

Portable Filezilla Sorry i didn't reply sooner. couldn't find the topic i posted in....

Tried FlashXP (which I use remotely on one of the PCs), Filezilla, SmartFTP ...All decent browsers, though my preference lies with Smartftp. Nice interface, fast, clean; has all the features I need such as automatic connecting.

Portable Filezilla Sorry i didn't reply sooner. couldn't find the topic i posted in....

Thanks for the link. It works nice! Even from CD ! So I can use it anywhere, even on computers where I can't install anything ! Very useful !

I wil try inclduding it in my Windows Live-CD.

Edited by yordan (see edit history)

Can anyone suggest Free FTP client to upload directories and subdirectories with multiple files?Currently I use directory opus. I like it and it works great. But my trial period will be over soon.
Thanks

I recomend using FileZilla ... It's EXTREMALLY good ... I never had any problem ; it's easy to use , quick and you can adjust almost EVERYTHING!

Everytime i go editing a site ; i use filezilla ... It's really very easy to use ...

Try it ;)...
You will like ;)...

I suggest you to use fire ftp . It is free and can be added as an add on to Firefox.

It's interface is simple and good looking.

It can be downloaded as a client .Fire ftp client download

The add on for Firefox is available at Fireftp add on

Users using Firefox 2.0.0.1 may experience some problems so the developer has requested to upgrade to the latest

version. 2.0.0.2. You can download it here Firefox Download

Edited by ajayshivaa (see edit history)

I use DeluxeFTP. It's a really simple FTP program, no fancy GUIs or anything. It doesn't take up a lot of space on your computer and installs cleanly. It's easy to use and is more or less foolproof. Also, it's freeware, so it doesn't shove ads in your face or registration reminders. The only other FTP client I've used before is SmartFTP, and I don't like it that much because even though it looks really nice and has a lot of features, I never had the time to figure out all its features. It takes a while to learn and can be hard to configure sometimes. Besides that, it bothers you with trial pop-ups and stuff, which can be annoying sometime.Serena