xisto Community
szupie

Deleting A Corrupt File Cannot delete a corrupt file on Windows XP...

Dont download from ccollomb.free.fr

Deleting A Corrupt File

Threats found: 3

Here is a complete list:

Threat Name: Infostealer

File name: C:Program FilesUnlockerUnlocker.Exe

Signature (MD5): 0be187433f06ce210fb8c76c9be330ae

Threat Name: Trojan.Vundo

Signature (MD5): 3c6ec0d1da0bb0f3ec811469b0f36166

Threat Name: Trojan Horse

Signature (MD5): 3cf0ca8d7c3c6cb902ddb2d5faa17681

-reply by Mike

Thanks for the info, Mike. I don't know who is that ccollomb, but putting a trojan-spoiled version of unlocker is rather unfriendly, and dangerous for people like us.

These people have no ideas!Deleting A Corrupt FileThe reason the file is undelete-able is because the MFT has been corrupted. Don't panic yet. What this means is that it can't reconcile the differences between the long file name and short:"This behavior can occur if the NTFS volumes' Master File Table (MFT) is corrupted. The short and long file name pairs that are stored in the directory index record and the file names that are stored in the associated File Record Segment (FRS) contain case-sensitive characters that do not match.NTFS supports case-sensitive (POSIX) file names, but Chkdsk does not check file names in case-sensitive mode.For example, assume that the directory index record has a BADFILe.TXT entry but the FRS has a BADFILE.TXT entry for the file name. NTFS views this as being invalid or corrupted, but Chkdsk compares only the names and ignores the case. It does not make repairs."~https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/246026to fix this, it is laborious. Backup the volume MINUS the corrupted file (to an external disk is best). Then format the volume. Restore the volume, et voila! Ne pas de problem maintenant!-reply by Makukabaruka

THANK YOU! This was extremely helpful, I did chkdsk already through windows, but for some reason it worked under the command prompt.  I fixed my mp3 player!

-reply by brent

Deleting a corrupt file in windows XP Deleting A Corrupt File

This fricking worked like a CHARM!  ... No viruses either, mine wasnt an AVI file it was a corrupted download file that stopped midway and was locked IN USE by some other file, I had tried removing all services and even paired down in safemode, no effect.

I searched the registry for any form of the file name... Not found.. 

I downloaded the GIPO... Told it to delete the file on the next boot and it was gone!

GiPo@Utilities. http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/index.htmGiPo@Utilities has a number of small programes within it.These include: * GiPo@MoveOnBoot - copying/moving/renaming/deleting files and folders on the next system boot. * GiPo@DirMonitor - monitoring changes in the file system. * GiPo@Mount - local folders substitution and local/remote drives mounting. * GiPo@Hardlink - UNIX-like (POSIX) hardlinks for NTFS creation. * GiPo@ReadTest - checking files and folders for read errors.

-reply by Tribe33

corrupt channel file.Deleting A Corrupt File

hi my name is john I am a pensioner I live in australia  can some one please tell me how to get rid of a corrupt channel file  each time I try to use yahoo messenger and click on the email it comes up about the channel file. I am at my age just starting to learn how to use a computer now this it gets a bit down heartening at times as I try to do things in the right manor thanking you.John

-reply by john collins

I don't think that unlocker is a threat.Which antivirus found this?I am also a user of unlocker for 1 year.My antiviruses firstly avira and then avg not found it as a threat.Your antivirus finding it as a thrat ,it may because of it forcing delete & forcing to kill application process to delete file.

Corrupted file removalDeleting A Corrupt FileI recently had an program data file that was corrupted. No, I am talking about an ordinary data file, not a program's data file. Every time I tried to delete or alter it in the file menue (XP, Vista and Win7) explorer crashed and restarted. In the end I successfully deleted the file by going into SAFE MODE and changing the file name. Even then I couldn't delete it but I was able to once I restarted and rebooted.Just thought this may help for ordinary data files.CeeBee-reply by Cee Bee

Unlocker still works!  Couldn't get three 0 files to delete, grant access, or move.  Attrib in DOS would not work.  I still don't know the exact problem, but I downloaded the unlocker program and the files were sent packing.