xisto Community
lorenza pietersen

Does God Exist?

I have a masters in physics. Are you willing to run these so called lies past me for a second opinion?

I can give you link to that website if you speak Serbian.

That priest says that Earth cannot be older than 30.000 years because there would be no C-14. He forgets that C-14 is formed in other nuclear reactions.

Then he says that universe is not closed thermodinamical system because after all stars die universe will cool down. For him that is violation of energy preservation law. Than space have to be open system, so god created it. It is not true, space don't have to cool down to absolute zero. There is also one more possibility that universe colapses back.

There are probably many other thing in that book, I only read few lines of it.

I can give you link to that website if you speak Serbian.
That priest says that Earth cannot be older than 30.000 years because there would be no C-14. He forgets that C-14 is formed in other nuclear reactions.

Then he says that universe is not closed thermodinamical system because after all stars die universe will cool down. For him that is violation of energy preservation law. Than space have to be open system, so god created it. It is not true, space don't have to cool down to absolute zero. There is also one more possibility that universe colapses back.

There are probably many other thing in that book, I only read few lines of it.

No I don't. But I have heard enough. It may be a little harsh to call them lies, unless he claims what he says to be any sort of science. Clearly he is grasping at any chink he sees in the logic of science in his search for the possibility of the truth of his spirituality. Frankly I cannot even imagine what he thinks he has even proven by this 30,000 year argument -- well maybe I do: I guess it is some sorth of old earth creationism or non-biblical younger earth creationism.

Well we all know some people out there will do anything to make it look real or even to dismiss it's existance whether it be false or true, which is one the problems.And then there's the people that really believe one or the other but with false information....It's difficult to say the least to even begin disecting it eh?

It can even be that GOD made the evolution to occur. If we are to explore a topic we cant be rigid we have to let things come frm all the sides. If we look at what modern sceintist are finding, and some of the Eastern thoughts there is a starking similarity between the two. The formation of Universe by the big bang and eventually the big crunch has all been described in the BHAGWATA GITA- The Holy book of the Hindus.

mitchellmckain I called u frustrated because u were calling people extremists. Anyway I said that very jokingly.

Regarding Old Testament, since it does not belong to my religion I would refrain from making any comments or bringing out excerpts where God is shown as a merciless killer, but howsoever most who have read it, know so. There was a discussion regarding that even here some time back.

Eternal_Bliss

Can you please show a reference to the shloka where the Big Bang is explained? I am not doubting it, but wondering if I could get a reference to it.

The most striking comment that Bhagwad Gita makes is "Time is the seed of the Universe" and when Lord Krishna says Humans are beings with physical existence stuck in Time. God is out of time.

This makes me believe atleast one hting for sure, that the ancient mythologies were not just written by some creative authors, but by gaining of first hand knowledge.

bhav¡pyayau hi bh£t¡n¡Æ ¿rutau vistara¿° may¡.

tvattaÅ kamalapatr¡kÀa m¡h¡tmyamapi c¡vyayam..11.2..

this verse is from chapter 11 verse no.2

11.2 O you with eyes like lotus leaves, the origin and dissolution of beings have been heard by me in detail from You. ['From You have been heard the origin and dissolution of beings in You.] And (Your) undecaying glory, too, (has been heard).

The following verse says that everything comes from the BRAHMAN the Supreme Being. We all know what the Big Bang says that every thing originated from singularity. Also the verse says about everything going once again to the BRAHMAN i.e. the Singularity that explains the BIG CRUNCH......

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

YOU CAN VISIT THIS FOR FURTHUR REFERENCE

Edited by Eternal_Bliss (see edit history)

To me, that makes absolutely no sense what so ever, couldn't they just use simple words to explain the meaning.... sheesh.

I can understand the confusion on the concept of GOD or the SUPREME BEING is a bit complex u have to put ur effort . U have to leave ur notion of "me" and "I" and pursue the path to self realization which ic our Birth Right which no one can deny us....

The structure is a bit like science or math, something you have to be into to actually understand.It's like me trying to explain the concepts of software programming and general development to a complete newb, I have to reference real life situations or simplify it for them so they can begin to understand.

The structure is a bit like science or math, something you have to be into to actually understand.

It's like me trying to explain the concepts of software programming and general development to a complete newb, I have to reference real life situations or simplify it for them so they can begin to understand.

No actually it is not that way. The concepts of software programming and all this are human made so they are rigid in their structure, THEY ARE NOT FLOWY BUT THE CONCEPT OF GOD IS because it is not human made ,it is beyond reasoning, you can have your own Idea of GOD and someone a diffrent but actually u r praying to the same lord.

As for the reference there are many in the daily life of ours. We no that evolution occured but cant it be this way that GOD made the Universe to evolve. Dont we sometime feel that why we are here ?

what is our purpose in this earth?

What lies beyond this universe?

What was before the Big BANG?

WHAT is the beginning of time?

I AM SURE EVERY HUMAN ASKS THIS QUESTION TO HIMSELF AT ONE POINT OF TIME. This can be answered by gaining knowledge and not just sticking to some rigid,old-fashioned and narrow views of ours. WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR CUP EMPTY TO LET NEW IDEAS TO COME.........

Ummm, I was refering to the text, which is man made I believe, and so was speech, the english language and all the other languages for that matter.I wasn't referring to god, jesus or anything remotely similar lol.And no I personally do not sit and wonder why I am here and if there is a higher purpose or any such jibberish, there are millions of people on the planet...... do we all have an individual higher purpose.... ehhh sure.My purpose is to live until I die.

Ummm, I was refering to the text, which is man made I believe, and so was speech, the english language and all the other languages for that matter.
I wasn't referring to god, jesus or anything remotely similar lol.

And no I personally do not sit and wonder why I am here and if there is a higher purpose or any such jibberish, there are millions of people on the planet...... do we all have an individual higher purpose.... ehhh sure.

My purpose is to live until I die.

The text may be man made....... but certainly not the IDEA which it gives which is higher than u and me...
Sometime ppl get so involved with the things in the world that they fail to see the TRUTH( So I am not surprised at all in your case and many like u who want to live until they die ).

Uhhhh..... what would I do aside from living until I die *confused*, aside from the obvious living habits of our people.Can I live forever, or become unliving or something lol.

Uhhhh..... what would I do aside from living until I die *confused*, aside from the obvious living habits of our people.
Can I live forever, or become unliving or something lol.

Actually as many ppl see death is not the end,final or the ultimate.
It is only a step where u leave ur body. We dont die only our body goes back where it comes frm
i.e. the earth . our Sprit or the Aatmn remains alive (This is what the scriptures say)
Ihave heard that many people have even found out the weight of the spirit by experimentation.( Though I am not sure about it)

Hmmm, personally I don't like that idea and hope you are wrong.The idea of dying and nothing to more to be had can be somewhat scary, but once I die i'd rather very much stay that way and leave it at that eh.Besides I'd hate to see how cramped this place is that peopel go to......