xisto Community
lorenza pietersen

Does God Exist?

Dont u think that lying in ur grave for eternity will be rather boring......... unless U have a nice neighbour on ur either side So that u get someone to talk to.... Actually after couple of days after ur death u will get smelly as hell... AND I think it will be good to come out of that So perform good deeds to unite with the SUPREME AND to live happily ever after.........

Well I do perform good deeds when I can, but not for anything in return.I won't be bored sitting in a casket dead because my body will cease to function, I will no longer have thought or feelins or anything else, just like any other dead creature *shrugs*.So once I'm dead it won't matter to me because I can't care lmao.

The point made by u is what precisley the scripture says that perform good deeds(Karma :P ) but dont get attached to it that is dont expect anything out of it.....................I guess u r on the right track so keep it up....

NEXT THING IS we should not limit ourselves to the body of ours...which is just like a dress we r wearing.

We will just leave our dress and may be take another one. But definetly we will not cease to exist....

Oh sure the the protective layer will decompose but so will the insides lol :P.Either rot intot he ground or be eating by some other form of life, and the cycle continues *dun dun dun*.

Oh sure the the protective layer will decompose but so will the insides lol :P.

Either rot intot he ground or be eating by some other form of life, and the cycle continues *dun dun dun*.

Again u made the right comment that the cycle goes on and on....thats wat the scripture says that u will get born again and again(When u do selfish deeds and u r attached to your deedS(KARMA)

WHEN U DONT ATTACH TO UR DEEDS THAT IS DONT EXPECT ANYTHING OUT OF IT u become free of ur KARMA and get free of this unending cycle...AND UNITE WITH THE ABSOLUTE which is called SALVATION or MOKSHA or NIRVANA or BODDHISATVA :P

Could eternal rest as in being quite literally plain old dead an option?I'm quite serious about that question btw, on the off chance something does happen when it's my time lol.

YES, Eternal rest is an option for every one in this universe. GOD, created this whole universe from his part (also u and me), our DUTY is to find our way back to the place where we come frm and this is why we are born in this world..............WE will keep on taking births untill our purpose of coming here is fullfiled......... :P

Oh well it sounds like whether I believe or not I'll pretty much have my way, sounds good to me.Where is everyone else on this topic anyway...... they have all dissapeared *shrugs*.

Yeah, it has rather become a talk between us

Beliving is not the only option there are three ways to get SALVATION

1) BY PERFORMING GOOD DEEDS

2) BY COMPLETE DEVOTION TO THE SUPREME

3)BY ACCUIRING KNOWLEDGE (which is rare)

AGAIN these all r written in the scripture

And I am sure if u read the Holy Gita and understan its hidden and the real meaning it will make sense to u as it does to me........... :P

Normally I would be curious to read such material, but these days I find myself not liking books at all. I hate reading generally..... but obviously it's difficult to avoid in life and when I'm on a computer so much, I probably do more reading than book worms do lol.I think I actually sat down and read one once, just for the hell of it but I don't know any specifics about it's history or any other books, I'm assuming there quite a number of different ones.

Normally I would be curious to read such material, but these days I find myself not liking books at all. I hate reading generally..... but obviously it's difficult to avoid in life and when I'm on a computer so much, I probably do more reading than book worms do lol.

I think I actually sat down and read one once, just for the hell of it but I don't know any specifics about it's history or any other books, I'm assuming there quite a number of different ones

NO MAN The book which I am takking about is the BHAGWAT GITA WHICH IS the sacred book of the hindus and belive me there is no other book in this world which says about the things which this book does.

The concepts given in the book ranges frm THE BIRTH OF THE UNIVERSE , THE CONCEPT OF TIME , AND GOING BEYOND TIME which a layman will find hard to understand but not with u I guess......... :P

BY THE WAY I got interested in this book from a 70's bestseller book named 'THE TAO OF PHYSICS' by a french author FRITJOF CAPRA which says about modern physics and EASTERN mystics....

Ahhh, I haven't gone into any of that as such, mostly stuck to what I already know and just improved on it.Any of my views on things like this and psychics is just my plain logic, I don't have any real experience or knowledge in the matter, though I do have facts things I have picked up here and there on certain subjects.

mitchellmckain I called u frustrated because u were calling people extremists. Anyway I said that very jokingly.

Regarding Old Testament, since it does not belong to my religion I would refrain from making any comments or bringing out excerpts where God is shown as a merciless killer, but howsoever most who have read it, know so. There was a discussion regarding that even here some time back.

You are mistaken I did not call anyone extremist, I was replying to someone else who was calling people extremists. Bizzarre irrational justification for a bizzare irrational thing to say.

Changing the topic from providing weapons to being a merciless killer? Well well.

God is a merciless killer -- so are we all. So are most living organisms on the planet. A few humans simply like to delude themselves that they are otherwise. Why do you kill? Because the micro-organisms dare to invade your body? Because these creatures are just too insignificant to notice? So I take it you do not believe in capital punishment? No human being is irredemable according to you, is that it?

BY THE WAY I got interested in this book from a 70's bestseller book named 'THE TAO OF PHYSICS' by a french author FRITJOF CAPRA which says about modern physics and EASTERN mystics....

I read it. I was not to impressed by the understanding of physics in it. But I do like Taoism. My father is even a Taoist. So although I am a Christian myself there is a definite influence of this kind of mysticism on my thinking.

YES, Eternal rest is an option for every one in this universe. GOD, created this whole universe from his part (also u and me), our DUTY is to find our way back to the place where we come frm and this is why we are born in this world..............WE will keep on taking births untill our purpose of coming here is fullfiled

Jees, I wouldn't see much point in believing this even if it were "true". Yes I am a pragmatist as well as a Christian mystic - I'm existentialist too. I don't think we can accomplish our purpose in this life by denial and seeking escape. True understanding comes from complete participation and full appreciation of the value of everything and everyone around you and giving of yourself without reservation.

I cannot believe in this idea of the world as a prison. It is only a prison to Lucifer and his demons, only these evil spirts are doomed to coming back again and again as parasites to new hosts. They hate this world and wish to escape it.

No the world is a womb and that is a very big difference, for you leave the womb not to go back but to go forward, becoming something completely new and experiencing a bigger a wider existence, which you are only ready to experience after achieving the growth, that is your purpose in the womb. After leaving it there is no going back. If you are premature there is only the doctor who can save you.

Edited by mitchellmckain (see edit history)

IT seems to me U ARE too preocupied by ur own Ideas to understand others.......UR cup of the mind is already full so U cannot take any more( no wonder !!!!!) :P AND regarding the world as a PRISION who said this world is one. I rather wanted to mean the world as a oppurtinity or a door which GOD has given us to unite with the HIM.....and I didnt say that u dont have to participate completly in the EVENTS around U to find SALVATION.......U have to rather help the ppl around u TO SEEK GOD...to some of the ppl in this world, ideas which are alien to them are EVIL and DEMONIC and those of their own are TRUE which I find hard to understand. FOR THEM either the things in the world is BLACK or WHITE no GREY SHADES for them :P

Heh heh, it's difficult for some to believe in such a thing, especially after so many silly things were de-bunked almost entirely.Most things that people thought in the past to be some great omen, or some great blessing was actually nothing more than something rather common and people back then couldn't explain it.It's quite possible this could be the same for Jesus and his doings, perhaps he was just a simple man trying to help and some people got word and twisted things.... it happens.But I suppose Jesus isn't the real topic of discussion and whether he worked his butt off to grow bread and make wine or click his fingers to get the same end result, he was awful nice either way eh.