xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

Firefox 2, Beta 2

EDIT: My apologies, the title should be "firefox" not "firefo". The X key on my keyboard is tricky and sometimes it takes a while for X to show up.

My Firefox just upgraded to Beta 2 and since Beta 1, it has been greatly improved! A new theme has been made to replace the older default theme and it comes with a new security feature where it checks sites you visit against possible known phishing sites and will warn you.

One bug I noticed is that it likes to decrease page font size (Ctrl+-) on it's own sometimes.

Also, another cool feature is that when you close it, you can have it set to re-open the tabs you had open before you closed it. I like it!

Spell Check has had some minor improvements including "add to dictionary" function.

Get it! Or let Firefox update for you. If you want to know a little more, here's the Beta 2 start page: http://www-archive.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/index-2.0b2.html

[N]F

Edited by pyost (see edit history)

Really can Firefox do those things now?? Big deal!!Lol been using these features for years..cant imagine not browsing with 20 other tabs open and saved in thier positions when I start the pc next time..Oh yes I use Opera :)Had those features for 3 years orso now....

I actually wrote a thread about it here but maybe I posted it on the wrong forum... :) Whatever, yeah, the new version is great and is working really stably up 'till now and I've been using it for I think almost 48 hours (which included an abnormally large amount of browsing)! And yeah, I really think I should try out the newest Opera version as well.

Also, another cool feature is that when you close it, you can have it set to re-open the tabs you had open before you closed it. I like it!

This is one of those small improvents that really mean a lot. It's not rare that I close Firefox, but forget to bookmark a good web site. And what's with the speed? Has it increased, or stayed the same? Or maybe decreased :)

This is one of those small improvents that really mean a lot. It's not rare that I close Firefox, but forget to bookmark a good web site. And what's with the speed? Has it increased, or stayed the same? Or maybe decreased :)

It seemed to have improve a little bit (cache tuned off, never use it as I do a lot of web development and visit frequently updated sites often) but no major difference.

Really can Firefox do those things now?? Big deal!!
Lol been using these features for years..cant imagine not browsing with 20 other tabs open and saved in thier positions when I start the pc next time..
Oh yes I use Opera :)
Had those features for 3 years orso now....

I don't know how people can stand Opera... the UI is not very appealing to me. Plus, I've never liked Opera since the days of the advertisements in the free version, back when you had to pay. Plus, it's proprietary software, not open source. I usually never have any problems with open source. As you can probably tell, next to windows and a few (like less than 5) programs I use, everything is open source, unless I'm on my Linux box.

[N]F

But those "new" features were available using the add-ons or whatever they are called now.. To add about Opera, I used to use Firefox and the look of Opera wasn't appealing for me either, but when I used Opera for one month I just can't get back to use Firefox anymore.. I only use Firefox to look how pages look on the mozilla engine and also sometimes use the web developer extension for debugging. Opera has a lot of nice skins and I also stopped using thunderbird some time ago and use Opera as my mailer and even IRC client, even though I would like more stuff added into irc chat.. But it is good that they are integrating very useful features into firefox.. I remember it was a pain to reconfigure firefox after a clean installation or similar, to search and install all the add-ons, but one time I found Mozilla Backup program and never will need to do it again :P

I just downloaded Firefox RC1... Had a funny incident with the download attempt: when I tried to get to RC1 download page my Firefox (old) just got the 1.5.7 download page. Took me while to realize the NoScript was not allowing scripts for mozilla.org. :PIt looks nice but what the hell is going on with the thick bar at the bottom of the screen? Right there below the status bar. Are you guys getting this or is this something like one of my old extensions behaving badly?Oh my the way, I'm loving the way RSS feeds now work, letting me choose what to do with each one.

Edited by Hercco (see edit history)

It looks nice but what the hell is going on with the thick bar at the bottom of the screen? Right there below the status bar. Are you guys getting this or is this something like one of my old extensions behaving badly?

:P umm... I think it may be an extension behaving badly. It looks perfectly fine to me.

[N]F

:P umm... I think it may be an extension behaving badly. It looks perfectly fine to me.
[N]F

I uninstalled all the extension, cleared my profile from Documents and Setting, removed and reinstalled FF 2 RC1 and tried different themes. The bar wouldn't dissappear. I finally gave in and went back to 1.5.7. I guess I'll just have to wait for the final release :P

I actually wrote a thread about it here but maybe I posted it on the wrong forum... Whatever, yeah, the new version is great and is working really stably up 'till now and I've been using it for I think almost 48 hours (which included an abnormally large amount of browsing)! And yeah, I really think I should try out the newest Opera version as well.

Ive used firefox and opera for ages and ages now, firefox still cant do the scroll down section in my website, whereas opera and internet explorer can.Bugs ive found with firefox 2.0:Sometimes closes randomly.Still uses all the free cpu as it can sometimes, even when it doesnt need it.