xisto Community
niran

Can't Able To Access "frequently Asked Questions" Area

I cant access "Frequently Asked Questions" area! :)

( Which is redirecting to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ )

By clicking that, it shows one error message as:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/faqedit/public_html/index.php on line 300

Whats the problems with that?

Is it for me only?

or for all members??

:)

Niran

Edited by Niran (see edit history)

Yup, it's the same for me, probably a script error. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out, an admin should fix it soon.

have the same problem. Pyost is probably right, I think a script recently changed, or a database is temporarily offline.Now, a simple suggestion. Just because you can't read read the FAQ, your don't need to apologize if you want ask a very simple question, because you can't know that it's a Frequently Asked Question.

It seems to be a simple bug has crept into the FAQs page and it will affect everyone. Unfortunately I don't have that much authority to go in a fix this, so it will have to be left to someone with higher access.I wonder how long this problem has been around for though, am actually glad it's been pointed out, but if this error existed for a long time, not many people have read the FAQs then, maybe I'll ask to see the last modified time of this file, just to understand the length of time this problem existed and why not many of our members have read it since.Cheers,MC

I wonder how long this problem has been around for though,

Of course, most of us are honest, so each of us has carefully read the FAQ before posting here ! :) Sorry, it's a joke, had a long-lasting day today.

Seems like it's been quite sometime. Doesn't look like a very tough problem. I bet a lot of users (who doesn't have enough permission to fix it) here would like to help out. Guess we won't mind to help. Maybe whoever that has enough permission, can post that particular file or worse come to worse the section of the file that's effected here, so we can take a look at it. Just a suggestion. :)

Erm... Whenever I visit the FAQ Forum or go to faqs.astahost.com it redirects me to a advertisement site that advertises system doctor! This is the URL that I am being redirected to:

http://www.systemdoctor.com/download/2006/p;ed=2&ex=1

It seems like a affliate ID??????

EDIT: The webiste URL isn't displayed fully. Point your mouse over the link and look at the status bar to find out the real link (very long url)

Edited by ruijie (see edit history)

Hummmm that's interesting...I changed the index page to two line sentence but now it's back to the same behavior. I will fix this soon.Strange... try this link and it shows my message: go to the main page of this forum and click on the FAQ link. It shows my message, yet when I type the direct URL it shows spam sites.

Hummmm that's interesting...
I changed the index page to two line sentence but now it's back to the same behavior. I will fix this soon.

Strange... try this link and it shows my message: go to the main page of this forum and click on the FAQ link. It shows my message, yet when I type the direct URL it shows spam sites.

I just did some testing. Now even clicking on the FAQ link at the main page also leads to the spam site. http://www.systemdoctor.com/

Weird. When i first posted this problem here, that link still point to the right FAQ page, except for the parse error. How did the spam cropped in anyway?

Just wish there's a way to shot and kill these annoying spam site at our will :)

Maybe can organized a DOS attack on it, hehehe :D