xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Solar System To Have 12 Planets

what difference doesit make wether its a planet or not.. do people really care about it.. NO. Does our Govt. really care NO. Is it going to bring oil prices down. NO. It really anoys me to see spam on the news.. Yeas it's spam on the news.. People didnt have anything better to report on so they decided to spam TV and say hey BTW Pluto is no longer a planet.. thnx.Are the space programs really interested in that planet maybe not, but who cares. why change it after so long..

I just posted a reply about it,aint it wierd pluto was a planet and now is'nt?It's now catagorized as a pluton with the 3 other new plutons they thought were mini planets.Pluto is also called the dorph planet.If there's any more updates on it,please pm me with details.

I heard on the news a couple days ago that they are going to keep it as a planet, but add more instead. I don't understand why they would change this. I can see adding planets, but getting rid of one that has been in our text books forever seems stupid.

I heard on the news a couple days ago that they are going to keep it as a planet, but add more instead. I don't understand why they would change this. I can see adding planets, but getting rid of one that has been in our text books forever seems stupid.

I say we launch a nuke at it and blast it out of our solar system... then there'll be no more arguing over it! :):)

[N]F

NO way.Your pulling my leg.Next, uranus won't be uranus :) .That is a bit odd though, you can't keep on adjusting guidelines, that's going to cost schools, libraries, and universities and colleges, billins of US Dollars to adjust their records, as well as re train teachers basicly with the new guidelines.If you ask me their just making things complciated for themselves, this is just going to make laods of money for printers and publishers, who edit one page and get loads more books sold, and makes room for quick writers to write Planet Books to be sold in the soon to be uproar!Its unfair, thats what i am trying to say. :)

I actually done a persuasive essay last year stating "That Pluto isn't a planet", turns out I was right so I asked my old English teacher and now I get a retrospective A+!It doesn't really bother me much, though, because, when you think about it, Pluto never was a planet under this new definition. It was always misclassified as a planet and has always been a Kuiper Belt Object, and not the largest one at that.In the 90's when people started to think about Pluto not being a planet Clyde Tombaugh (the discoverer of Pluto) said "I don't care what you do with it".

""Pluto is not a planet," Brown said. "There are finally, officially, eight planets in the solar system." The vote involved just 424 astronomers who remained for the last day of a meeting of the International Astronomical Union in Prague. "I'm embarrassed for astronomy. Less than 5 percent of the world's astronomers voted," said Alan Stern, leader of NASA's New Horizons mission to Pluto and a scientist at the Southwest Research Institute."This definition stinks, for technical reasons," Stern told Space.com. He expects the astronomy community to overturn the decision. Other astronomers criticized the definition as ambiguous.The resolutionThe decision establishes three main categories of objects in our solar system. Planets: The eight worlds starting with Mercury and moving out to Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.Dwarf planets: Pluto and any other round object that "has not cleared the neighborhood around its orbit, and is not a satellite.""

Hey it was either get ride of one planet or add 4 more. In my opinion less to study! Besides, there are moons that orbit Jupiter bigger than Pluto. If you call Pluto a planet you could call almost anything a planet. Sadly to say this came a week after my teacher decided that we will study all 9 planets and memorize facts for them. Thank goodness the semester is almost over! :P

Had you done a search on this Forum, you would have noticed this topic has been (quite adequately) covered already and I would ask that you contribute to an existing Topic instead of Spamming the place up.

*I had some nasty pills for lunch earlier. Don't take it personal*

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

We didn't lose it, we just changed it's status from planet to 'dwarf planet' what part of 'planet' do you not see in the term 'dwarf planet'? This merely implies that while a planet, it is different than the rest of them are, and any simpleton can tell by the size and orbit that it differs greatly from the other eight planets. Twas a bad decision to include it in the first place, and it's good they fixed the problem.Pluto: still a planet, just not one of the ones of regular stature. Just like midgets are still people, dwarf planets are still planets. You guys with your pointless rants that don't include the least bit of science. Why not try reading between the lines before go off on something you have no idea about? They simply changed the definition of a planet to better help them define objects. Would you rather have to remember 12 regular sized planets (one of which was Pluto's moon)?I remember when I learned of the years in which people refused to believe the earth was flat, and even when data was presented to show otherwise they still refused to believe it...We should not mix science with emotions. Science isn't about emotion, you don't keep something simply because it feels good.

Isn't it amazing how much we DON'T think about what's out there on a daily basis? It's so mind blowing that there is so much space out there, and that we occupy so little of it. We are so self-absorbed. All of us it seems. We are so small and yet we hold the idea and live our lives like they are the most important thing going on in the whole universe. It'll be a crazy day when we stuble upon other lifeforms. Crazy indeed.