xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Solar System To Have 12 Planets

I vote that we limit the definition of a planet to those celetrial bodies with intelligent life upon them, which by definition, would make the Earth just another space rock while the Dolphins decide whether or not humans are considered "intelligent"

It really depends on what you can call a planet because pluto is now being struck off the planets list and is going to put into a whole new category. However I think sedna is going to become a planet because it is acutally bigger than pluto and so can be classed as a planet.

I believe they should change and add the new planets if they are going to keep them as planets and not remove them. Being cumbersome, I don't think they should reteach everyone, but the younger kids and from that class onwards. As for those past, they shouldn't have to learn it because it would be a tad harder to change the way of thought of what is a planet and what isn't a planet. I don't even think planet should be a describing word either. Planet should be like a reference to just all of the rock (and gas, etc. if you include Jupiter) bodies because currently it is undefinable to the planets as they are changing them.

Personally, I really don't see the reason for all the fuss about Pluto, etc. The way we define "Planet" is human - if we call the Sun a planet, that doesn't change anything. It's really all in perspective, and adding/removing planets really won't affect anything except teaching, and to be honest, (I think) most people wouldn't really care how many planets they are told there are. The main thing we want is consistency.Pluto is a planet? Yes. Wait - no. Maybe. Ask someone else.Rather than having these debates, people should focus on more important things and keep our terms consistent.

Edited by bluefish (see edit history)

hello!

Solar System To Have 12 Planets

There should be 11 planets because they never said you could not include dwarf planets. I am 11 just to tell.

-reply by Robot Rage