xisto Community
KDEWolf

Computer Suddenly Turning Off Well it seems my computer doesnt like me. Sad huh?

same goes hereComputer Suddenly Turning Off

I have the same problem.But in mine I don't have an OS installed when I turn on my computer,the computer starts for a while and when I start inslatting the OS it just shuts off. Then after some while it starts again(after I let it cool down a bit and retry) I know it is not the temperature because it only reachers 42C.Please help Me

-question by Kooolguy

My Pc shutdowns ....Computer Suddenly Turning Off

Recently my pc started behaving in a strange and unfamiliar way. Sometimes while working on the pc it automatically sutsdown I mean the power goes off while still I cn see the green light on the motherboard on. Then when I push the start button nothing happens and I hv to switch of the main power supply to my pc and wait for 5-10 mins. Sometimes the power light will blink for 1/2 sec and den again my the same problem occurs My configuration is intel core 2 duo 2.98 Ghz , 1 300GB hdd and 1 250 Gb hdd , 1 dvd writer , geforce 9600gt GPU, asus MB and I-BAll 400W PSU. Please sujjest an solution Please!!

-question by Ankur Jalan

AnswerComputer Suddenly Turning Off

I have this problem too. I got full disk space.. :) but I got nice ram and pc speed and internet. Itturns off suddenly but when I changed its outlet it turns on again and now I think this will work I wish this is not about viruses and that it is just an overheat.

-reply by cedric barquin

Hello everybody.

I am having this issue too since I change my graphic card and Power Supply Unit. But I don't know whether the graphic card is wrong or the Power Suply. The weird is that each time long more time on. But I don't like it turn off suddenly.

I have a HP m8000n with Window vista Home Premium 32 bit

Anybody knows how solve this issue.

Thank you

My computer has been acting in a weird way for some time, and I don't remember doing anything that could cause this hardware-wise. I'll try to describe it:After some time powered on, the system suddenly *poof* shuts down in a harsh way. I press the Power button but it doesn't turn on. Then, I remove the power cable from it's back, wait for some hour(s) and turn it on ok, until it turns off again. I'd risk also to say that the 'uptime' I get after a shutdown is somehow proportional to the time I left the power cable off it.

Some would say it's overheating, but I don't think so, since it has a nice cooling and it didn't change from some time to now. I (just wonder, no clue) think it could be some voltage issue, some hard disk problem, power cable issue, possibly some wire overheating (!?!), maybe too many devices connected to the power socket. Could his be caused by any BIOS configuration? By the way, it's running with no memory or processor overclock.

Someone people give me a light, or suggest some expert forums I could post my issue on.
Until the next shutdown, see you.

first Its may happened with overheating of CPU/Processor. You can check CPU temperature through BIOS/CMOS.

secondly It may happened conflict with some device driver.

Hope you will solve this!!

My computer has been acting in a weird way for some time, and I don't remember doing anything that could cause this hardware-wise. I'll try to describe it:After some time powered on, the system suddenly *poof* shuts down in a harsh way. I press the Power button but it doesn't turn on. Then, I remove the power cable from it's back, wait for some hour(s) and turn it on ok, until it turns off again. I'd risk also to say that the 'uptime' I get after a shutdown is somehow proportional to the time I left the power cable off it.

Some would say it's overheating, but I don't think so, since it has a nice cooling and it didn't change from some time to now. I (just wonder, no clue) think it could be some voltage issue, some hard disk problem, power cable issue, possibly some wire overheating (!?!), maybe too many devices connected to the power socket. Could his be caused by any BIOS configuration? By the way, it's running with no memory or processor overclock.

Someone people give me a light, or suggest some expert forums I could post my issue on.
Until the next shutdown, see you.

Its ur processor Or Heatsink Problem Please Take Some Cooling paste And paste It Ithink It will Be Work 100%

Its ur processor Or Heatsink Problem Please Take Some Cooling paste And paste It Ithink It will Be Work 100%

sometimes just applying FRESH thermal paste can make quite a difference... but make sure you remove the old paste

sometimes just applying FRESH thermal paste can make quite a difference... but make sure you remove the old paste

If you are not familiar with this hardware operation, I would not recommend this. When the thermal paste is not correctly applied, the processor can simply overheat and get definitively out of order.

If you are not familiar with this hardware operation, I would not recommend this. When the thermal paste is not correctly applied, the processor can simply overheat and get definitively out of order.

there's vidoes on youtube on how to do this safely... not really that complicated...