xisto Community
BooZker

Need To Hack An Admin Account On Xp... No Problem! Its so easy to hack an account youll be amazed

From what I can understand, the Administrator account did not have the password set in the first place. Otherwise it would be trivial for anyone to break into a machine and I don’t think even Microsoft would allow that. I myself have never heard of hitting F11 and I have been doing this for quite some time. There are other ways of at least resetting the Administrator password if you have physical access to the machine.

No, it had a password. We tried just pushing the the enter button without a password being put in. It just said the same old wrong password, make sure caps is off... ect. haha we are not that dumb to not check that.

Great Idea! Anyway my windows denfder works fine and gets updated intime and automatically! anyway I think that windows isnt that bad, with a loose administration in Linux world, I dont think that there would have been any standards in the industry without Microsoft! And let the Linux get as popular as MS and you will come to know how much holes are there in Linux...most of them come through the X-Window systems like KDE and ICE-WM

Windows is great, and i have always used it but it didn't start the standard. Mac did that. It was before Windows and Bill Gates stole the icon idea and made windows. I'm not sure how he ended up selling way more, but Windows is technicaly speaking... a copy cat haha. I have never had a Mac, but i have to get one for my college that i am starting in the fall. Is it much different then a PC? Like any huge differences?

If the account was truly password protected it shouldn't have allowed you access into Windows that easily without third party programs as mentioned earlier. Most of these programs will remove the password for you, giving you access to assign it a new password. Keep in mind that if you do this, any of your encrypted files/folders will still require the old/previous password in order to decrypt them. Otherwise, they will be encrypted...

haha weird aye? What it does, if you have not done this yet, it makes ANOTHER admin account in which you can go and change setting and even make the old admin no longer an admin. The new account usually has a picture of a pink flower. you just click it and there you go! The screen resolution is like 640 x 480 and everything is default. Has anyone done this and had it work yet? I tried it on my new Sony VAIO that i got yesterday and it worked.

I can also now confirm that it doesn't work on Windows Server 2003 either. All there is left, is to test this theory on Windows XP.EDIT: I just tested this theory on my bro's computer (w/ Windows XP) and it still doesn't work.I don't think your theory works.xboxrulz

Edited by xboxrulz (see edit history)

If you were to read my ealier post it says that i was not the one with this idea. The idea was from Plenoptic from trap 17

Here is what he told my friend which worked the first time:

You can start your computer in safe mode by pressing F11 before the windows logo shows up and starts loading . When you start your computer in safe mode it has an admin account that anyone can use. I don't know if you can change your password without knowing your old one but you can create a new admin account and delete the old one while saving the files.

hmmm.. i guess it depends on the package.. that work on me.. except on the compaq p that i got..do M$ release OS customize with some functionality.. no idea.. the said technique was not tested on windows 2000 here.. but it do work on NT..on windows 98 SE it also works but not on windows 98.. the f8 works on all versions though..-----------Yup.. a system flaw for windows is to create a new admin account with no password for non existent users.. it even provide as a security loop hole on all IBM secure chip setups.. the secure chip disable the entire system until you provide an IBM securechip passkey phrase.. but it still allows you to login to windows.. the IBM secure chip is totally powerfull and intrusion is imposible, that is if windows did not messed all stuff up..when IBM brings you back to the windows bootup password screen in case that you need to login using a non IBM secure chip locked username.. windows will dutifully create a new admin.. woa.. it even ignores the DNS rules and the active directory..windows = loophole... tons of it... IBM secure chip on linux dont have this flaw... same on ubuntu..

Windows Administrator only doesn't have a password if you don't specify one when installing. it asks you for a password, but you have the option not to provide one. I can see this happening to people who buy pre-installed windows on the computers, but since i prefer to install it myself, i never leave the admin password blank. Then i also disable the guest account, and if i'm feeling very lucky (stupid), i'll also disable safe mode. It's a great thing to do, but then with windows being as unstable as it is, you're walking a thin line. Then on top of that, you use classic rather than the fancy login, disable fast user switching, and activate syskey, and you've done the basic steps. Of course that wouldn't keep out anyone with a bit of technical knowledge, but it would weed out those who want to do things like pressing F11 to get in.
Now.. i'm sure most people here already know these things, but for those who don't, there are extremely simple ways to get in even if there's admin accounts passworded and whatnot.
this is an article from techtrax (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)

by Vic Ferri
Can't Log On to Windows XP?

If thatâs your only problem, then you probably have nothing to worry about. As long as you have your Windows XP CD, you can get back into your system using a simple but effective method made possible by a little known access hole in Windows XP.

This method is easy enough for newbies to follow â it doesnât require using the Recovery Console or any complicated commands. And itâs free - I mention that because you can pay two hundred dollars for an emergency download of Winternals ERD with Locksmith which is a utility for unlocking lost Windows passwords. See here http://www.bing.com/search?q=winternals&form=MSDTR1

ERD is an excellent multi purpose product, but you should know it is not a necessary one if you have a healthy system and your sole problem is the inability to logon to Windows due to a forgotten password. Not necessary because you can easily change or wipe out your Administrator password for free during a Windows XP Repair. Hereâs how with a step-by-step description of the initial Repair process included for newbieâs.

1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (itâs assumed here that your XP CD is bootable â as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)

2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be âPress any key to boot from cdâ

3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.

4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now

5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.

6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.

It should read something like âIf one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair itâ

Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.

7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.

8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically â you will see a progress bar stating âYour computer will reboot in 15 secondsâ

9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of âpressing any keyâ to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.

10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.

11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.

12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After youâve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).

13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.

And there are other ways too.
here are a few links:
https://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password
home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

How much simpler can it get? That first link, you make yourself a cd or floppy, and in less than 5 minutes you're in. the article i posted above is a time consuming method, but i posted it jsut to show a glaring hole in the windows security. These steps don't help if you're trying to cover your tracks, but i don't think that's what this discussion started off as.

I don't know, all of my Windows were installed from scratch and not from OEMs. The only way for me to access SAFE MODE was F8. It was always F8. I've never heard of anyone using F11 to do so. By tapping F11, it bumps me to BIOS (for HP based machines) and for regular machines, it completely ignores you.xboxrulz

my windows was also installed from scratch.. and yes.. most HP machines before starting the OS have the F11 keys for the BIOS.. Most common key is delete but an F8 is also reserve for bootstrap code..

All i can deduct from this is that.. maybe there are more stuff involved in the F11 and F8 keys.. and windows is releasing zone specific OS.. when i tried that F11 yesterday on a laptop that came from a refurbise shop in california.. the key wont work.. [F11].. i tried some testing thinking the key was busted and turned out that it is OK..

I just cant get it.. why do some version of Windows have the F11 keys and some dont?

-----------

@xboxrulz

you can go to the bios by pressing the F11 for HP while the BIOS is booting.. you need to wait for the OS to boot.. not the BIOS.. can you please try again to confirm my theory on customized regional versions of Windows OS.. the last thing I know was that the difference is in the language support and keyboard support.. I was never aware that there was an Issue about the F11 key.

----------

@all

If your windows is not part of a domain or active directory.. Having an admin password is not that safe and wont spell a difference if you have one or not.. Windows is so buggy that it will just create a newer admin when you use a new user name that is non existent.. Best thing to do is to disable the login screen since it will just create new users..

If in case you are concern on your data.. Use NTFS partition format and lock the access on your folder to your current account.. this can be achieved by rigth click on the folder then selecting something like a access or privelage.. i was not sure about the name.. i store anyway all of my data in Samba server i setup.. It is linux..

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

Interesting... I never thought that they would make windows different like that. Hers was a Dell. Does anyone have a Dell? Either way i think it's odd so many people are having problems with it and then my friend trys it the first time and it works haha. And he didn't even explain it that well. I went through every step. Oh well. I got some hosting credits though! I wish someone had a Dell to see if it works.

i wish that only thing they customize is a voice over IP button that once you click will connect you to microsoft and talked with them for support.. i just blew my windows installation a few hours ago and i need to call microsoft.. i will try first to activate by net since they keep on bothering me to ask why i am using phone activation for my copy..

i dunno which one of this sentence they can understand well.. just said to them..

Ma'am, currently i dont have an internet line and it is impossible to activate one if i want to since i need to download this small program called a wireless tester toolkit from my ISP to activate my account, you windows wont allow me to download anything unless activated."

and i paid for the 15mins phone bill for my cellphone use with instruction to email them instead with the reason..

---------
Reposted.. there was a problem with the board when i tried to post from australia and submit the post in china..
-= [ proxies ]=- :D

vhortex, it still doesn't work.

Specs:

Windows XP Professional SP2 North American Retail Edition

xboxrulz

Well i guess my theories are correct.. I have a copy of windows.. Asia asian region edition from M$ office.. aqquired them from a bulk purchase.. Since i use restore cd much and the two cd's have license for 5 users each..

they gave me a copy [my company] an original windows xp pro.. they have spare license use for 4 users with this CD..

---

I installed it.. and press the F11.. it worked..

Yesterday.. my computer unit blew up its windows copy.. I installed an OEM windows.. the F11 was there..

still have a doubt i ask for a copy from a friend to send me a copy via ftp of his windows..

There was no F11.. he is in california.. I guess he is using an edition for california..

--------------------------------

by the way.. F11 on my computer defaults to system on board diagnostic menu and bootstrap console.. I can select where to boot from harddrives, cd drives, thumb drives or network.. this get called until windows start running its initial bootup.. [until you can see the loading windows message]

Californian version of windows, when i installed have no message like this.. "please wait.. loading windows"..

for the record.. my windows copies are

1) open license [5 users] windows XP pro no service pack..

2) OEM version.. [can be installed on one machine] with service pack 1 bundled 2001 and also an XP pro..

This version of OS have repair from console feature which will bring you to a linux like console but with crappy text support.. it was in 800x600 video mode with only plain text running on c++ graphics mode emulation.. darn so slow.. i still prefer if they just use plain old console [command prompt].. who need a fancy emulation of the bitmap fonts of a console when you only wants to do some repair..

The console also supports only 15 builtin commands that you can find in command.com and all was not fully supported.. like using the command dir will give you the list of files but you must see all of the ouput or nothing at all..

What i a thinking now is that this method works most of the time, but has a different F button. So instead of F11 its F8 or something. If you can find the safe mode button then it will work... i'm just guessing.

What i a thinking now is that this method works most of the time, but has a different F button. So instead of F11 its F8 or something. If you can find the safe mode button then it will work... i'm just guessing.

that is the logical answer i can think of.. if that is correct, then we are arguing on something that everyone is correct and no one is wrong.. :D

Actually, you're probably right. I remember back when i had a Toshiba craptop it wouldn't use regular keys to get into bios or safe mode. it took me forever of searching online to find the special key combos you had to press to get into those modes.