xisto Community
pyost

Terrahost - A Real Rip-off Hosting starting at 155 per year

Well the main reason people require so much space today on their hard drives and webspace is that they want to do stuff like share mp3s.

Digital camera is also a reason of needing a lot of space. People want to share their holidays pictures, so they need to put them on their website. My Xisto account is hardly enough for what I want to show, I continuously have to remove pictures in order to be able to add the new ones without having disk space quota problems.Personnally, I think digital cameras is really the multimedia part of Internet. You feel yourself creative with your camera, and you want to share your photos and movies with all your family and all your friends.

Digital camera is also a reason of needing a lot of space. People want to share their holidays pictures, so they need to put them on their website. My Xisto account is hardly enough for what I want to show, I continuously have to remove pictures in order to be able to add the new ones without having disk space quota problems.Personnally, I think digital cameras is really the multimedia part of Internet. You feel yourself creative with your camera, and you want to share your photos and movies with all your family and all your friends.

on my case. i need the space for database dump and for the scripts i created..

Web have changed so much that a few years ago.. a few html will make you above the others.. now if your website is not run on scripting engine like ASP, PHP.. JAVA and others.. and dont have the niffy cool look that other enhancements can give.. you will not be "in".. you are not in the mainsteam..

today.. even simple websites need a database backend.. like those blogs that common people run..

Just asking, but do you upload the full resolution photos (the 1-3 MB images, unedited) to your account?? If I share photos (and I do), I'll always size down the originals to 770 width. This takes a 2MB photo down to about 300 some kilobytes. So it's also easy on bandwidth. Then if anyone wants the original, I have them email me the photo file name and I grab the original and email it off to them.

[N]F

ust asking, but do you upload the full resolution photos

On hosts like Xisto, I usually resize them to 800x600, which is a comfortable size when watched in gallery2.On hosts offering 5 giga space, I use the full size.