xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

[tutorial] Basics Of C Programming - Part 2

Well, it was a great tutorial and i found it a very useful addition to my learning of programming. There were a few minor improvements in store, which SP Rao has stated for me.All in all a good tutorial, and i await the next part with great anticipation :)

Wow, I hope these guides keep coming! There are a lot of differences for me for C compared to c++ and java. I like the syntax better in c++ and java, so the more guides I can read like this, the better off I am! Thanks a lot for your hard work B)

Hey,Long time no see, digital brother. <LOLWow I am just amazed at how much you guys are literate in computer programming languages. For me, it's HTML and I only know the basics. Well, it's kinda sad but I guess it can hold out for a little time being while I go try to learn PHP.Can someone answer my question:How can you benefit from being literate in C programming and C++?? What about C++ Visuals? Is that another programming language too?

C was a non object oriented programming language, C++ is just a well, more updated version of C that includes more modern standards including OOP.As for the last one you mentioned, I think you mean Visual C++ and variants, which are Microsoft products (Microsoft Visual C++).

C was a non object oriented programming language, C++ is just a well, more updated version of C that includes more modern standards including OOP.
As for the last one you mentioned, I think you mean Visual C++ and variants, which are Microsoft products (Microsoft Visual C++).

C and C++ are general purpose programming languages, if you can write c or c++ you can virtually do anything, i suggest you stick with console applications as you start, you can do graphical stuff later when you'd mastered the language very well.
Although C++ looks like C, it's quite a different language and it was rewritten from scratch with C compatibility in mind but with so many enhancements, the most visible improvement with C++ is that it is object oriented, this is a different programming paradigme from procedural C.
I would like to emphasise the fact that the C WASN'T, the C language still IS !! i personnally do a lot of work in this language wich i find to be a very powerfull tool of work, although i am familiar with C++i still write C daily, however as a beginner you can start C++ directly, most of us still use C because one way or another it's the language we master the best.
Visual C++, is just an integrated development environment (IDE), it only runs in microsoft windows, this is an inferior software platform, if you want to do some real development you should use a higher grade system such as GNU/Linux or FreeBSD.